When are we getting better trading tools?

"
And the AH suggestion is reasonable and constructive?

Yeah, I've already written arguments for in one of the previous pages. What is against?

"
It's not, sorry to shatter your dreams. I don't want to an AH in this game and so won't many others.

Hmm, it is not, because you said so. Seems legit. May I ask why? Is it because of one of the reasons I brought up in the post you just quoted?

"
And I am actually not gonna repeat myself why anymore.

If that is your justification...

"
Tired of talking to people who care about nothing else then their own convenience.

Is it just my own convenience? You are speaking on behalf of "many others". But I also see people complaining about price fixers and afkers thanks to which you have to spam a number of people in order to buy a random thing, not necessarily a 6x t1 rare weapon that only three people have in a league, where two of them are afk, and the third has "just sold" it or does not even reply.

This is just ridiculous. I've been playing many different games, yet only here I've observed a negative stance towards improvement for unknown reasons.

Someone prove me wrong at last.
"
Danielskiv wrote:

Is it just my own convenience? You are speaking on behalf of "many others".

Yes, A LOT of people want an AH for "their own convenience". I want to be able to buy/sell whenever I want is sort of stapled in the forehead of a lot of players, as it is their birthright. Newsflash; it isn't.

Yes, I want a better trading tool in PoE. We NEED one. But we do not need a trading tool with instant buyouts, where the effort needed for trade ~0. There need to be limits to trade for the sake of the game, even though you want to trade and sell fast.

I'm not going to pull numbers out of my ass here, but the amount of listed items are going to skyrocket if we get an AH a-la D3. The accessibility of gear will be MUCH higher, and the prices of all non-BiS items will be ~0. It's naive to think that GGG won't be forced to regulate droprates and in-game progression based on this AH.

And we do not need that. Even though you might run to PoE trade every time you feel somewhat undergeared, there are a lot of us that like to grind for gear, even though we do not play self found. We like to do things ourselves, and only buy when it's really needed.

GGG knows this. The moment a trading tool close to what D3 had, with instant buyout and close to no effort what so ever sees the light of day, it WILL be the center of everything, and "a game with trade" becomes "trade to play". In lack of better words: Fuck that.

And if I wasn't clear. YES, I want a better trading tool. Yes, we need it. But we do not need an automatic AH with instant buyout.

I'm very excited to see the whining that will happen when/if GGG decides to implement a new trading tool, because it WILL be more limiting than PoE trade, and the public API WILL be gone.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Add a way to trade without switching instances. That's all we really need. Could be email-like. Could be a trade window. But it can't require that I invite someone to join me in my hideout, or require that I burn a portal on a map I'm running. Nope.

But adding a "dump-it and come back later for my coin" isn't going to work for a game like this.
"
Danielskiv wrote:
"
And the AH suggestion is reasonable and constructive?

Yeah, I've already written arguments for in one of the previous pages. What is against?

"
It's not, sorry to shatter your dreams. I don't want to an AH in this game and so won't many others.

Hmm, it is not, because you said so. Seems legit. May I ask why? Is it because of one of the reasons I brought up in the post you just quoted?

"
And I am actually not gonna repeat myself why anymore.

If that is your justification...

"
Tired of talking to people who care about nothing else then their own convenience.

Is it just my own convenience? You are speaking on behalf of "many others". But I also see people complaining about price fixers and afkers thanks to which you have to spam a number of people in order to buy a random thing, not necessarily a 6x t1 rare weapon that only three people have in a league, where two of them are afk, and the third has "just sold" it or does not even reply.

This is just ridiculous. I've been playing many different games, yet only here I've observed a negative stance towards improvement for unknown reasons.

Someone prove me wrong at last.

You simply don't want to understand what PoE stands for. The economy is a vital part of the game. It's not ment to be for your convenience. People use AFK and price fixers as easy excuses while they just want automation to make your life abit more convenient. Trade can make you good currency, IF you put the effort in. It's part of the game, just like farming is. That you don't like that, is your problem really. There will NEVER be an AH in this game.

Not to mention your cross league trading suggestion, it's fucking hilarious. If you don't even understand why standard can't be allowed to trade with leagues, then any simple matter is beyond you.

And btw, I'm not saying the current trade system is perfect. They will try and fix that. Very very carefully. Wouldn't want to break the 1 thing that keeps this game alive.
Last edited by Miská on Oct 10, 2017, 8:25:31 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Sure... why not. Worked the last 100 times I've explained this:

Right now, there's about 1 item in 100 being offered for trade because the other 99 items are on accounts belonging to people who don't want to bother trading them. It's not worth the hassle.

Remove the hassle and those 99 items are going to be put on the market... and in order to sell them, they have to either be the best available (hardly likely) or priced to sell.

Demand for these items is low... so prices drop to a point where they're valueless.

So, what we end up with is a game where you buy what ever item you need rather than deal with the problem of finding one. That's boring as fuck and the game dies.

Currently, you can still trade for what ever you want, but there's a cost associated with it in time and hassle. You want that cost removed. Understandable. But the second and third order effects of removing a cost need to be understood.

Where are you getting these numbers from? How do you know how many people trade now and how many will trade with an in-game AH? And are you saying that this applies to all items? So 99/100 people who find, say, Kaoms Heart or Shavs, don't sell it?

Also, since you claim that a lot of people don't sell their items due to inconvenience of it, wouldn't that mean that there are as many people who don't bother buying as well?

"
Phrazz wrote:
I'm not going to pull numbers out of my ass here, but the amount of listed items are going to skyrocket if we get an AH a-la D3. The accessibility of gear will be MUCH higher, and the prices of all non-BiS items will be ~0. It's naive to think that GGG won't be forced to regulate droprates and in-game progression based on this AH.

Isn't that the same as pulling numbers out of your ass?
"
X1Z1 wrote:

Hey, I pulled them out of my nose. Can't really blame me for the fact that you can't spot the difference. But I like your contribute to the debate.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
X1Z1 wrote:

Hey, I pulled them out of my nose. Can't really blame me for the fact that you can't spot the difference. But I like your contribute to the debate.

Pointing out that you showed nothing that backs up your argument, other than some stuff pulled out of who knows where, is my contribution.
AH is not going to be feasible since there is no set conversion for currency in this game.
Last edited by MiniST on Oct 11, 2017, 1:32:18 AM
"
X1Z1 wrote:

Pointing out that you showed nothing that backs up your argument, other than some stuff pulled out of who knows where, is my contribution.

Back my argument? As I see it, more items one the market = lower prices is more of a fact than an argument. And we're almost already at that point where everything else than the really sought after items are worth ~0.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info