1 shot 95% of game content

"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

Players already choose the most rewarding and easy content, where they dont need to kill bosses, just "fodder".

It's not the abscence of a "boss", it's the obscene amount of XP this map provides.

Good luck getting anywhere with that guy.

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
Do you know what is the most popular way to grind in Harbinger league? It's Beachhead rotations. And Beachhead map doesnt contain bosses, its "final encounter" consists of huge waves of trash mobs coming at you.
Players already choose the most rewarding and easy content, where they dont need to kill bosses, just "fodder".

There are trash mobs (fodder) no matter where you go, bro. Like Peterlerock said, Beachhead rotations are more about the exp provided than the drops, otherwise, if you're looking for drops, you can easily go to other crowded maps with plenty of 'fodder' and loot away, especially now that a Bisco's Collar amulet exists: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Bisco%27s_Collar (it pays for itself, granted you were to buy one outright)

Not only that, killing a single boss, as explained by me on Page 5 (have you even re-read it? NO!) is roughly the equivalent to killing 20-40 trash monsters (with maybe a 0.1-0.2% chance to get good items per trash monster by default).
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Sep 30, 2017, 4:29:22 AM
i ask to my self why monster are so weak overall and all die in 1 shot vs the same type of the damage , so i go look poe monster data base and after looking this is very obvious this section miss a lot of work monster have very very limited customization https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Zombie
everything is generic , my opinion if you make 1 click it your mouse and you kill everything
in the area this is not looking good for the game , i think poe need to work on monster stats and customize damage resistance because now is a joke ,best example last time i play it 1 bow user and my marauder never have the time to run and reach monster is bow just clean all the map in 1 shot idk but is look dump running for nothing , so after i say to my self this is terrible how the game is aoe noob , so after i told him take your 93 marauder and he die 5 min after
Oo let be honest here my main issue in this game
1- aoe is so unbalance for melee vs range and caster , melee just dont have the time to run too the monster they are already dead , so to put higher damage type resistance on monster will let me something to kill something
2-1 shot everything is really one issue playing in group melee just feel useless
3-1 shot everything is really not challenging and feel boring overtime

my solution give monster better type of resistance and for the 35 year i play rpg immunity never cause me any issue this game already have so many dps conversion type be versatile will reduce the over the top dps , peace
play my first rpg on the intellivision :)
Chris Wilson"I want to make sure that melee classes are as good as they can be"
Last edited by charley222 on Sep 30, 2017, 9:10:48 AM
"
charley222 wrote:
i ask to my self why monster are so weak overall and all die in 1 shot vs the same type of the damage , so i go look poe monster data base and after looking this is very obvious this section miss a lot of work monster have very very limited customization https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Zombie
everything is generic , my opinion if you make 1 click it your mouse and you kill everything
in the area this is not looking good for the game , i think poe need to work on monster stats and customize damage resistance because now is a joke ,best example last time i play it 1 bow user and my marauder never have the time to run and reach monster is bow just clean all the map in 1 shot idk but is look dump running for nothing , so after i say to my self this is terrible how the game is aoe noob , so after i told him take your 93 marauder and he die 5 min after
Oo let be honest here my main issue in this game
1- aoe is so unbalance for melee vs range and caster , melee just dont have the time to run too the monster they are already dead , so to put higher damage type resistance on monster will let me something to kill something
2-1 shot everything is really one issue playing in group melee just feel useless
3-1 shot everything is really not challenging and feel boring overtime

my solution give monster better type of resistance and for the 35 year i play rpg immunity never cause me any issue this game already have so many dps conversion type be versatile will reduce the over the top dps , peace

Peace, he says. PEACE. He wants to nerf everyone but melee and he says PEACE.

This is war, son, WAR! But if it's any consolation, I will be way off-screen when I attack you. You won't even know it was me, and I'll probably one shot you. :P
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Oct 2, 2017, 5:28:47 AM
"
grepman wrote:
"
Cool, then just nerf the top-end. Fine with me, even though I probably count as "top-end" given that I can kill Shaper pretty comfortably.

what you dont get is that while they can nerf the top end (and they should), they cant nerf the time investment part.

... why not?

"
grepman wrote:
judging by your last two sentences in your post, you dont want to invest time in a game that requires (however artificially) time investment. for some reason you feel entitled to have access to everything in the game "as long as I haz skill". Im already tired of repeating myself here, but still- it doesnt work in poe.

Again: Why not? I do want to nerf the time investment, yes, because I think it is dumb. I play computer games for quite a while now, and only recently have games started with this artificial time investment bullshit. I mean, in both Diablo1 and Diablo2 there was no RNG- or time-investment-gated content. Sure, for other reasons PoE is superior, but there was nothing that artificially said "you have to play for 30 hours before you may attempt this content". At least as long as I played them, not sure what happened after D2 1.09.

Other games I play, like Brood War or SC2, or even Cities: Skylines, which intrinsically requires time investment, never chose to waste my time. PoE does. Why? And why would anyone think that is a good thing?

Personally I think it is part of the free2play aspect of the game, and one thing this game has told me is to not again invest time in any free2play title. Besides being more expensive in the end, the likelihood of the game artificially wasting your time for some dumb reason is just too high.

"
grepman wrote:
"

Oh yes, there is. I know my build can beat Uber Atziri, but I can't. I would love to learn how to beat her. So far I managed to figure out how to do the dual Vaal Oversoul and the trio deathless, but I cannot figure out how to do Atziri herself.
this is just because of your lack of experience.

Clearly true - and I would love to get more experience. But the game tells me I may not. Why? I do not know.

I could of course make some other build that can just ignore the mechanics and kill her. Would not even be that hard I assume. Did it before. Just... where is the fun in that?

"
grepman wrote:
content isnt made out of rubber. they cant make it as fast as we can consume it. its precisely why it should be gated. if you had unlimited uber sets, you would run them until you got good and then you beat her and then its not exciting anymore.

And then I would find other, meaningful goals. Like doing it on another character. Doing it as melee. Doing it on Hardcore. GGG should trust more in the content they make, it is great, and most of it is very replayable. Atziri is still great fun, especially the first time on each character. Love it.

"
grepman wrote:
shouldve just stated this in the beginning for me to avoid writing all this.
you dont want to make time investment, yet want your content to be constantly challenging. this is not only unrealistic, it also is a pretty evident instant-gratification thing which you try to justify with the whole 'but I haz skills' thing. poe has never been, is not, nor will be about skills but mere time investment.

But it could be. And as this is the "feedback and suggestions" section, my feedback to the devs is: Make your game more about skill and less about time investment. Have more trust in the content you created.

They have taken some steps in the right direction already, like un-gating most of the top-end unique items, and creating the Labyrinth (just wish my client was more stable and I could actually run it more).

The reason you think that time investment is a necessity has more to do with your limited scope of imagination than with PoE.

Other games I play are constantly challenging. Try SC2 on the ladder, you get constant challenge all the time, with no time investment. From the first game you play. Awesome stuff. Yes, you may argue that that is PvP, which is different - but you can get the same, constant, free challenge by playing against computers and adjusting the number and strength of the computers until they match your skill level. It is free, no time investment needed.

A difficulty slider in PoE would also help.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Oct 2, 2017, 6:34:12 AM
"
Xavathos wrote:
he says. PEACE. He wants to nerf everyone but melee and he says PEACE.
This is war, son, WAR! But if it's any consolation, I will be way off-screen when I attack you. You won't even know it was me, and I'll probably one shot you. :P[/quote]

if you call son this make you around 70 of age :) the reason i use the word peace is for the kid are disagree and become emotionally involved because they understand anything and become toxing in discussion :) i hope you understand now :) btw you say (He wants to nerf everyone but melee) let me answer you monster also have the option to have physical resistance Oo also you say ( I will be way off-screen when I attack you. You won't even know it was me, and I'll probably one shot you. :p ) thankyou for this comment this is 100% why this game have terrible bad balance design and PVP ultimate fail in this game vs d2 have the best pvp in arpg before 1.09 , the poe pvp show how the game have bad balance , this is why you dont ear much about pvp in poe because is a total failure to balance , the day poe will have balance pvp is the day this game will be balance and a most perfect in my book oH and btw PEACE :)
play my first rpg on the intellivision :)
Chris Wilson"I want to make sure that melee classes are as good as they can be"
Last edited by charley222 on Oct 2, 2017, 10:02:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info