And the point of having 75/75 block...

"

I didn't say you were boasting. But you will understand once you face a Minotaur for the first time.

I just solo'd the minotaur and was not impressed. Maybe now all of you might reconsider how good block is.

Standard Forever
"
"
Draegnarrr wrote:

12k armour is pretty bad depending on your map tier, probably ok for early but 12k in T15 is about the same as not having any (I run 27k and still frequently get hit for 2-3k by trash) the % reduced phys stat is about the most misleading stat in the game and they really should rename it to % phys reduction pure (from basalt/end charges/soul of steel etc) and phys reduced from armour in 2 seperate stats or something.

Uh...you're talking out your rear. Lots of builds, heck most builds have less than 12k armor.
It very much depends on the build and gear lay out.
But ya, the sheet dmg reduction from armor is misleading. Basalt flask beats it silly. Assuming we're talking big hits which are what matters.
Done plenty of t15's and guardians with 3k armor. Done it with 25k armor. It depends on the build, gear and skill set lay out.

Also, you have to think about enfeeble, endurance charges, dodge etc. You're saying /insert arbitrary number of armour is what you need, which is totally wrong.

That isn't what i said at all, i said 12k was garbage for high tiers and is about the same as having none I didn't say you should have a number, just that 12k wasn't going to do much for you the rest are just words your putting in my mouth for some reason.
"
iamstryker wrote:
"

I didn't say you were boasting. But you will understand once you face a Minotaur for the first time.

I just solo'd the minotaur and was not impressed. Maybe now all of you might reconsider how good block is.

It really depends on consistent over time, that is, how many deaths would you incur in 100 Minotaur runs vs if you could do a single one deathless.

IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
nevermind

Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Sep 28, 2017, 10:16:19 AM
"
Nephalim wrote:

It really depends on consistent over time, that is, how many deaths would you incur in 100 Minotaur runs vs if you could do a single one deathless.

It's funny how people keep moving the goal post. You say block builds can't do something and when they do you just request to do something more difficult.

If I record a video doing the minotaur deathless you just ask me to do it 100 more times? I think I proved my point that block is a very strong defense if built well. I don't think anyone was ever claiming that block builds are the best builds in the game.

Edit: Also I never quit/alt F4 to keep from dying.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Sep 28, 2017, 10:18:46 AM
They aren't moving the goalpost they are pointing out that at some point it will randomly fail because it doesn't use the entropy system like evade.

So if you keep running minotaur eventually you'll get a string of bad luck from unlucky block rolls, take a bunch of hits and die whereas a stable defences character / leech sponge can reliably cheese it everytime.

Blocks a pretty great defence, so is dodge for that matter if you invest into it properly its just a little sad that it lets you down from time to time and that makes the investment feel bad.
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

It's funny how people keep moving the goal post. You say block builds can't do something and when they do you just request to do something more difficult.

If I record a video doing the minotaur deathless you just ask me to do it 100 more times? I think I proved my point that block is a very strong defense if built well. I don't think anyone was ever claiming that block builds are the best builds in the game.

Edit: Also I never quit/alt F4 to keep from dying.

People have done atziri deathless with a 1 life 1 es build but one run alone is not enough to prove the long term viability of a defensive or evasive mechanism.

I could make an evasion heavy strike elementalist do minotaur deathless at least once if I tried enough time but single instance viability is not what's in question. Block is not a meaningful defensive mechanism at it's current investment cost and certainly not in a game where mobs spike you for health than you have.

IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
ya its very much a layer right? Its an extra thing you put on top of other defenses.

but ultimately whats the point of having 75/75 block? lol, come on, thats a lol question really. You take 75% less attack and spell damage across an hours play, its fucking berserk strong to have 75/75 block, its obscene.
"
Nephalim wrote:

People have done atziri deathless with a 1 life 1 es build but one run alone is not enough to prove the long term viability of a defensive or evasive mechanism.

I could make an evasion heavy strike elementalist do minotaur deathless at least once if I tried enough time but single instance viability is not what's in question. Block is not a meaningful defensive mechanism at it's current investment cost and certainly not in a game where mobs spike you for health than you have.

Doing something easily the first time does prove a lot when people such as yourself are claiming that block is "worthless". If you think it's overrated or not needed or other builds are better then that's ok I won't argue but some of your posts are pure hyperbole against block. It's not even in the realm of "worthless". Also try not to only view from your perspective of playing a boss a bajillion times. There aren't a lot of players that care about that type of play. Getting to lvl 100 and clearing all content is more than the VAST majority of players ever even hope to achieve with any build.
Standard Forever
HE HAV 75/75
HE DOES BEACHHEAD
HE STEP IN BEARERS
HE SURVIV

Not sure if using this meme correctly.
Must have stepped like 5+ times on t15 bearers already.
Still in hc.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info