And the point of having 75/75 block...

I realize on paper what you're saying makes perfect sense. Now go do uber lab and with zero armor cringe hard at the trap damage and tell me armor does nothing. Even 2000 armor helps on traps and most certainly helps smooth damage intake getting smacked by 30 or 40 mobs in a pack.

I'm not arguing armor is pretty bad. I'm saying the statement 12k armor is "garbage" is a rather strange thing to say when most builds have less than that.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Oct 1, 2017, 10:45:13 PM
"
Cataca wrote:

at 15k armour, a 8k hit is getting mitigated by 15%.

Why does it always have to be huge numbers like 8k, 10k?
How many monsters in this game even hit you for 8k pure phys?
I'm usually getting hit for 2k,3k,4k, even by bosses, with almost no armour at all.

Besides that, mitigating 15% of 8k is the difference between life and death, when you're running around with 7k life.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"

You continue to maintain 12k armor is 'garbage" yet most builds have that, if not less. Is that puting words in your mouth?

Your making the assumption that because builds have that or less that they built for that armour, its a side effect of wearing gear and mild scaling - does it work in a high tier map? No, does it mitigate large physical hits? no, i saw you mention traps below only trap that is reduced by armour is spikes, the reduction is tiny (because they hit you for like 50% of your health base) and the bleed isn't reduced.

If 12k armour was what you needed on a build everybody would run a + 100% armour granite flask and be immune, they don't because you need considerably more for it to have any impact.

My RF guy has 12k armour he'd be dead in seconds if i relied on it even on a white map, which is why its supplemented by a granite, basalt and formless inferno so I can spike up to 30k+ with a good chunk of flat absorb, if pots aren't up I won't charge into a pack its as simple as that.
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
Cataca wrote:

at 15k armour, a 8k hit is getting mitigated by 15%.

Why does it always have to be huge numbers like 8k, 10k?
How many monsters in this game even hit you for 8k pure phys?
I'm usually getting hit for 2k,3k,4k, even by bosses, with almost no armour at all.

Besides that, mitigating 15% of 8k is the difference between life and death, when you're running around with 7k life.

The point is not that 15k is useless its that investing to get 15k is useless, if you invest in armour your going for 40k+ if you don't your scaling your defences in some other way, lightning coil, potions, evade hybrid, end charges etc and all of those are much cheaper skill pt wise and general more effective.
"

I realize on paper what you're saying makes perfect sense. Now go do uber lab and with zero armor cringe hard at the trap damage and tell me armor does nothing. Even 2000 armor helps on traps and most certainly helps smooth damage intake getting smacked by 30 or 40 mobs in a pack.

I'm not arguing armor is pretty bad. I'm saying the statement 12k armor is "garbage" is a rather strange thing to say when most builds have less than that.

Trap dmg still does not get mitigated by armor, so no idea what the hell you are talking about.

If I could choose I would rather have 0 armor on my build, but sadly I won't cough up 30 exalts for an evasion helmet with the enchant I need.

Only reason to stack armor other, than side effect of having inc armor on the life nodes is if you play an aegis build, which I'm trying to do at the moment, sadly I don't think I will like it more, than any builds, that deal 5 times the dmg with less specific gear.

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/eqw8Ue77
not that deceiver+indomitable+enfeeble results in taking less dmg from monster crits, than from regular hits, so stacking reckless defense is not that reckless anymore
Last edited by krenderke on Oct 2, 2017, 11:37:07 AM
"
krenderke wrote:
"

Trap dmg still does not get mitigated by armor, so no idea what the hell you are talking about.

If I could choose I would rather have 0 armor on my build, but sadly I won't cough up 30 exalts for an evasion helmet with the enchant I need.

Only reason to stack armor other, than side effect of having inc armor on the life nodes is if you play an aegis build, which I'm trying to do at the moment, sadly I don't think I will like it more, than any builds, that deal 5 times the dmg with less specific gear.

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/eqw8Ue77
not that deceiver+indomitable+enfeeble results in taking less dmg from monster crits, than from regular hits, so stacking reckless defense is not that reckless anymore

Uh...yes armor DOES mitigate trap damage. the initial hit is physical damage. Others or other aspects of the damage are dot, so it doesn't help. I notice a very real difference on traps on a armor based character vs evasion. A huge difference.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Oct 2, 2017, 1:46:52 PM
Every trap deals physical damage over time, they don't hit, with the exception of that meat curret snapping thing which in fact hits you, the rest just deals dmg over time during collision.
Last edited by krenderke on Oct 2, 2017, 2:03:21 PM
"
krenderke wrote:
Every trap deals physical damage over time, they don't hit, with the exception of that meat curret snapping thing which in fact hits you, the rest just deals dmg over time during collision.

Right? those things melt you with no armor. Also those spinning things I think. In any case, some of it is physical and armor helps. evasion characters are complete cringe in lab.

Again, my posts are being a bit misconstrued. I know armor is meh, but dont tell me theres no difference between zero and even 6k, especially in lab.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Oct 2, 2017, 2:17:11 PM
No, those things don't do anything to me, the only reason I don't actively farm the lab is because I don't like it.
Last edited by krenderke on Oct 2, 2017, 2:24:43 PM
What do you mean they " don't do anything" to you? lol

Evasion based characters take much more damage navigating traps vs a Armour one, it's a fact man. Not sure why we're having this conversation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info