And the point of having 75/75 block...

how many times must it be said, block and dodge BY THEMSELVES arent enough. neither is evasion and armour by themselves as defenes

block and dodge are excellent defenses when paired some mitigation techniques which are readily available

enfeeble
armour
flat phys reduction (endurance charges, pantheon passives, basalt, toh, etc)
kintsugi
LC
fortify
max res
ascendancy damage reductions

etc...

the point of max block or dodge is to greatly reduce the chance to get gibbed by many average hits happening in a short span of time. in case of dodge, coupled with blind and evasion, attacks hit you so rarely it allows you recovery time.

when breach came out, guess what builds could tank them before the nerfs ? block builds.

yes, instant leech is better, but if you want to use an outlier cheater defense thats completely different from the rest of defenses in the game, you already lost the argument because nothing really comes close to instant leech in point by point investment and never will.
"
krenderke wrote:
There shouldn't be any difference I know of, spell dodge does nothing either against DD.

Mapmods like inc dmg as x element, inc aoe, -maxres, increased monster life, the level of the map and the type of monsters detonated determine how much dmg it deals to you.

DD deals the corpse's 4% maxhp as fire dmg, on a level 80 map the avg monster life is 2times higher, than on a level 70 map, so you see how absurd the scaling can be, especially if you pair it with other mapmods.

I got done the other night on my essence drainer.

Killed shore boss, ez game, walked over opened his chest, spawns skeles, contageon, essence drain, they all die... and so do I, instantly, with 14k energy shield full legit 1 hit.

Beyond map, skeles from chest spawned a globe which spawned a beyond rare monster who instantly corpse exploded the boss....

lolol.

I wasnt even mad, usually if I die on a high level build im pretty pissed off, I swallow it down and accept it but Im bitterly pissed on the inside. This deathw as just dumb, Im an idiot to not see the potential for that to happen in that map. but ya, shaped shore, its a t13? Whatever I got hit for it was over 14,007 damage in a single hit, no -max, no real funky stuff, no rapid string of hits, just a legit 14k hp 1 shot.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
krenderke wrote:
There shouldn't be any difference I know of, spell dodge does nothing either against DD.

Mapmods like inc dmg as x element, inc aoe, -maxres, increased monster life, the level of the map and the type of monsters detonated determine how much dmg it deals to you.

DD deals the corpse's 4% maxhp as fire dmg, on a level 80 map the avg monster life is 2times higher, than on a level 70 map, so you see how absurd the scaling can be, especially if you pair it with other mapmods.

I got done the other night on my essence drainer.

Killed shore boss, ez game, walked over opened his chest, spawns skeles, contageon, essence drain, they all die... and so do I, instantly, with 14k energy shield full legit 1 hit.

Beyond map, skeles from chest spawned a globe which spawned a beyond rare monster who instantly corpse exploded the boss....

lolol.

I wasnt even mad, usually if I die on a high level build im pretty pissed off, I swallow it down and accept it but Im bitterly pissed on the inside. This deathw as just dumb, Im an idiot to not see the potential for that to happen in that map. but ya, shaped shore, its a t13? Whatever I got hit for it was over 14,007 damage in a single hit, no -max, no real funky stuff, no rapid string of hits, just a legit 14k hp 1 shot.
they need to remove DD from beyond mobs or any other mobs that can spawn instantly.

as long as they dont pop up randomly, Im ok with it not being block-able or dodge-able
I think Poe is the only game where mobs deal more damage than you have HP
Need more brains, exile?
"
Kastmar wrote:
"
Jojenmaihem wrote:
... when the mobs can still bypassing the block like you have 5% and still killing you in seconds (because Armor here don't work even with 12k/80% red. phy)

Is truly a fun game experience... we are entitled to make only meta builds nobrain like DP?
Yes game is now kill...before be killed.

Been like that since forever. Most things that kill you even die afterwards.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
MasterTBC wrote:
I think Poe is the only game where mobs deal more damage than you have HP

lol it's stupid indeed, just max out dps and enough hp to survive lesser hits.
GGG designed the game around the player needing to ALT f4, it's not suprise it's become such a shit show if you actually want to play as anything other than a pew pew ranged character.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:
GGG designed the game around the player needing to ALT f4, it's not suprise it's become such a shit show if you actually want to play as anything other than a pew pew ranged character.

They started where Diablo III left
Did a chimera earlier today with my block character before my internet went out. Boss was really easy but I almost died to the adds. The map had 2 or 3 dmg mods. I don't have stun immunity and the adds kept stunning me.

Also did a pretty rippy Colosseum map that triggered my double boss prophecy.

Both maps deathless but definitely had some close calls. IMO the best item I had during chimera was a stibnite flask. The blind is just too good for melee.
"
"
iamstryker wrote:
I haven't done a T16 yet but I have done T15.

I'm sorry to break it to you, brother, but T15 is nothing. There are three T15 maps that are particularly dangerous: Overgrown Ruin, Dark Forest and Core. The rest are a joke.

T15 and T16 are like Normal Atziri vs Uber Atziri. Completely different worlds.

Come back when you have completed one deathless.

Once again I wasn't boasting. I was responding to his comments because HE brought up T-15 and T-16 maps.

In regards to your comment I will be sure to return once I have solo'd a T-16 map.
Standard Forever

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info