The real reason why they aren't making an auction house

"
Rinzlow wrote:
World of Warcraft. 12 million players, auction house

I think, it is not the 'how comfortable the game is' which attracts people. It is 'how interesting the game is'. And in current state this trading you complain about is one of this game's features. I believe AH will be option only after 10+ updates, when game content will grow so huge that that kind of trading will slower your progress much more than it does now.
Last edited by filtre on Sep 16, 2017, 2:48:45 PM
"
X1Z1 wrote:
"
Damoochie wrote:
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
The current system is already exploited to its fullest, what is an AH supposed to make worse exactly?

Using scripts to instantly buy items priced low to then sell high. Yes, poe.trade has a notification system that can be used for this purpose but it's not instant and without the need for both parties to manually agree to the trade.

I'm all for an AH if the trade system thwarts these tactics... but, with any system that facilitates afk trades, it will be very difficult.

It's pretty close to instant already. Can you explain how instant buyouts would be so much worse?

Also, why does the system need to thwart these tactics? What's wrong with people flipping items?

"pretty close" to instant is still a far cry from what is possible via scripts in a full AH trading environment within PoE.

Flipping is bad because, as someone said here already, it'd become a battle of the scripts on certain gears and I'd say flippers would conjure up some diabolical shit to get rich off us xD
--------------- THE MOOCH --------------
Without low price fixing, flipping will be a much less lucrative activity than it is today because it will be much easier know the real value of that item you're trying to sell

The prices will have a much smaller variation because everyone will know the item's real value. Would you run a bot all day buying all items X below 300c only to sell them at 301c? Without price fixing it would be very difficult to get the monstrous profits current flippers get

Flipping may become easier with an automated trade system but profit from it will be MUCH harder
I truly think that people that against in game auction just complain about they may lose exploits that they used in current state.

Every negative things which you can call vs auction - already exist. But in game auction bring a lot of QoL to all players.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
the reason they are not making an AH is because they don't want one...never have.
They could have easily implemented one years back if they were even remotely interested in it (before the game got really popular and twats tried to exploit things)

"
IonSugeRau1 wrote:
I just want to say that I have over 1000 hours played in this game and I quit it two years ago because of having no efficient trading system.

you are doing it wrong.

"You are doing it wrong" .. oh really? How about illuminate me instead of just telling me I am doing it wrong?

If you can tell me in what ideal poe world all trading takes less then 15 minutes (both buying and selling) without ridiculously underpricing your stuff, be my guest.

Personally, I don't insist specifically on an auction house. If they can implement a method that works better then a shitty third party program... I would be satisfied.

Also ... if flipping is that big of a problem like everyone is crying here about ... well then... why not implement some sort of "game guard" system, requiring every player to put a code sent to their phone each time they intend to buy an item ?? EH??

Sorry but there is NO excuse for the current state of the game regarding trading. NO EXCUSE.
"Good luck on your naps Exile"
"
IonSugeRau1 wrote:

Also ... if flipping is that big of a problem like everyone is crying here about ... well then... why not implement some sort of "game guard" system, requiring every player to put a code sent to their phone each time they intend to buy an item ?? EH??

Yeah I'm sure that would be oh so popular.
"
Telzen wrote:
"
IonSugeRau1 wrote:

Yeah I'm sure that would be oh so popular.

I wouldn't be the biggest fan either but it would still be better then the current state. Nonetheless... like someone said before me... the price variation would be much smaller so there wouldn't be a real problem with these "flippers"
"Good luck on your naps Exile"
"
DoEFotGS wrote:
But in game auction bring a lot of QoL to all players.

To all BUT flippers/scammers, that abuse current flawed system and trick noobs...
That's why i believe, and those scumbags intentionally make posts against AH, to make it seem as players dont want it...
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
IonSugeRau1 wrote:

I wouldn't be the biggest fan either but it would still be better then the current state. Nonetheless... like someone said before me... the price variation would be much smaller so there wouldn't be a real problem with these "flippers"

Yeah, good flippers will still get good profits, performing a large amount of quick deals, even with low price fluctuation. Or, trying to control market prices (like, devluating exalteds first, then insta-selling tons of them for cheap, and gaining huge profit from skyrocketed price. But all those "tricks" require good economical knowledge and insight, and always involve significant risks. If one can consistently get profits in such environment, he may just as well go to Frankfurt's Stock Exchange, and earn real $$$ with his flipping skills.
In PoE, the real "skill" for most flippers is getting fast private indexer with automated PMs, setting some items for lower value on aleternate account (that never replies), and just insta-snipe valuable items post by tricked noobs, that's all. No risks, minimal knowledge involved, big and guaranteed profits.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
Rinzlow wrote:
World of Warcraft. 12 million players, auction house

That's a stupid comparison since items in WoW are bound. 99.99% of the gear that people actually want can't be traded.

"
Rinzlow wrote:

Diablo3 AH failed because it was RMT, huge mistake, I was there when it failed.

The gold AH was not RMT and was still an utter failure. I was also there when it failed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info