The real reason why they aren't making an auction house

"
andreicde wrote:
"
Rinzlow wrote:
"
zzang wrote:
There is only one reason why there is no AH in PoE. Automated Scripts. Basically botting scripts that buy low sell high as they did in the Real Money Auction House of D3. I know quite some people that made some bucks out of it with basic programming skills.

please explain to me when is there profit when you lose 50000 exalts of your own to drop the price of single exalt in this manner ? You do realize once you put something in trade right now, you don't have to sell it, but in AH, once it's sold, it's over.
Secondly for items, tell me again, in 3 month season where do you get 50000 exalts to buy all the items in order to jack up their prices. Where is all this currency coming from ? Right now, ingame flippers are doing price manipulation because they are able to post 1 exalts for 20 chaos and never have to sell anything.

Doubt he will be able to explain, as I mentioned before, the anti-ah folks usually are the ones that do the price fixing. Look at zzang huge explanation above to my post ''get informed'', so as I mentioned arguments with no substance.

Please no more people with 100h played and pretend they know what they are talking about.
Did i say anything about price fixing or do those 3 auction house lovers have problems with reading comprehension? Price fixing is a flaw of the current system. But a fully automated system have far bigger flaws which i have explained already.

If you dont see how a botting script that buys anything underpriced automatically and listing it for a higher price is bad for the game then there is no more to explain. It would boil down to who have the better auction house script and the better internet connection / infrastructure in his country. But i guess this is too hard to understand for auciton house advocators.

Go play another game with a auction house please.
Auction houses are aids
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
"
Miská wrote:
Please no more people with 100h played and pretend they know what they are talking about.

You are the one who doesn't know what he's talking about. It's obvious since you can't explain why you believe in what you do. Instead you try to deflect by questioning other peoples experience.
"
zzang wrote:
Did i say anything about price fixing or do those 3 auction house lovers have problems with reading comprehension? Price fixing is a flaw of the current system. But a fully automated system have far bigger flaws which i have explained already.

If you don't see how a botting script that buys anything under-priced automatically and listing it for a higher price is bad for the game then there is no more to explain. It would boil down to who have the better auction house script and the better internet connection / infrastructure in his country. But i guess this is too hard to understand for auction house advocators.

Pretty much everything that's in-demand and under-priced now is already bought off instantly and repriced higher by flippers. This happens because anyone can setup automatic notifications to let them know instantly when an under-priced item pops up. Not to mention private indexers and instant messaging scripts.

All botting/scripting in an AH will do is concentrate profits in a smaller group of people who are willing to cheat. Other than making it harder for a casual flipper to find under-priced shit to flip, nothing will really change. An average player won't really be affected by this. I think that's a fair price to pay for many quality of life changes that an AH would bring.

Also worth mentioning is that botting and scripting would have to be done from within the game. This means that it will be detectable and bannable. Unlike now where you can exploit the system with zero consequences.
Ok so AH is kind of a Pandora's box situation IMO. Particularly the automated nature of it and the certainty of it being exploited by those that have the ability.

I say improve the current system by making trade possible without the need to join a group and/or be in the same instance together (AKA cross instance trading).

I generally ignore low currency trade offers if I'm mapping in a group that's full. Sometimes the sale is worth me leaving the group or adding them as a friend temporarily to make the trade... but it's a pain in the ass! If cross instance trading was made possible then I would simply ask them to wait until I'm at my stash to initiate the trade.

Much easier without being too easy for GGG's aloof vision of trade.
--------------- THE MOOCH --------------
The current system is already exploited to its fullest, what is an AH supposed to make worse exactly?
"
zzang wrote:

If you dont see how a botting script that buys anything underpriced automatically and listing it for a higher price is bad for the game then there is no more to explain. It would boil down to who have the better auction house script and the better internet connection / infrastructure in his country. But i guess this is too hard to understand for auciton house advocators.

Catching botting would be much easier if the trade system was moved to within the game rather than outside the game.

Right now, GGG has a hard time banning trade bots because they've always gone on an indisputable evidence method rather than "hrm very likely he's botting".
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
The current system is already exploited to its fullest, what is an AH supposed to make worse exactly?

Using scripts to instantly buy items priced low to then sell high. Yes, poe.trade has a notification system that can be used for this purpose but it's not instant and without the need for both parties to manually agree to the trade.

I'm all for an AH if the trade system thwarts these tactics... but, with any system that facilitates afk trades, it will be very difficult.
--------------- THE MOOCH --------------
"
Damoochie wrote:
"
Johny_Snow wrote:

Using scripts to instantly buy items priced low to then sell high. Yes, poe.trade has a notification system that can be used for this purpose but it's not instant and without the need for both parties to manually agree to the trade.

I'm all for an AH if the trade system thwarts these tactics... but, with any system that facilitates afk trades, it will be very difficult.

It's pretty close to instant already. Can you explain how instant buyouts would be so much worse?

Also, why does the system need to thwart these tactics? What's wrong with people flipping items?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info