The real reason why they aren't making an auction house

In my opinion, it's because they really don't know how to implement it without players breaking something or exploiting. So, make an MTX auction stashtab, in same way you did MTX currency tab.

1.) Can look like quad tab, work like premium stash tab (right click set price)
2.) Special bottom row is for currency received from sales
3.) People who want to sell more will buy more mtx auction tabs
4.) Listings can work the same way as event board in towns
5.) I would buy it, others would buy it, no scams, no price manipulation possible
6.) You see listing, it's 3 chaos, you put 3 chaos in window on other side there is item, works like trade, you click ok, chaos goes to owner's MTX auction stash, you receive item in your stash
7. You will have huge engagement of players, much like how WOW ended up with 12 million players, imagine cutting auction house and having 12 million players have to register on a website and list every single item they are trying to sell, obviously it was core feature of the game, much like moving around and shooting spells.

I think in all honesty, they don't want people to "upload" item in "temporary stashes" and never have to buy extra stashes for everything they accumulate over the season, guys, the solution is MTX Auction Tab for 150 points, and it has limitations in quantity of items, so you can sell bundles on MTX store...
Last bumped on Oct 2, 2017, 10:18:04 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Diablo 3 proved AH didn't work. Even if we dont count RMAH. It was just way too conveniant to use it. You where always better of getting loot from there.

Alot of items have dropped in value in PoE because more people trade now then a few years ago. The more people put stuff out there, the more things lose value.
Automatic trading functions like AH makes it even easier for a few people to control the market. Or AH bots buying shit.

Be careful what you wish for.
Last edited by WickedSausage on Sep 14, 2017, 4:31:20 PM
"
WickedSausage wrote:
Diablo 3 proved AH didn't work. Even if we dont count RMAH. It was just way too conveniant to use it. You where always better of getting loot from there.

Alot of items have dropped in value in PoE because more people trade now then a few years ago. The more people put stuff out there, the more things lose value.
Automatic trading functions like AH makes it even easier for a few people to control the market. Or AH bots buying shit.

Jesus the usual no brains are at it again.

1. It's not because Blizzard fked it up that other businesses will literally take the same approach and also fk it up.
2. Too convenient? That's what we're ALL doign right here, right now (can already see the hordes of angry SSF coming). Loot is 99.98% of pure shit. We already have some kind of auction house, it's just getting less usable each leagues that passes.
3. Things already had no value, poe.trade is just hiding it by allowing us to see only 99 items as well as having to sift through the many AKF / "not gonna reply" people.
4. Few people and bots already control the market, get your facts straight mate.

After I am not advocating for a pure AH but we should be able to trade fast and easily, instead of facing that miasma of pure shit.
Sounds good. And disable live search.
just add "trading house" no auction function. Problem solved. Or just leave price blank for people to offer in whisper.

Problem solved. You wanna sell 1 item for 1 chaos? sure buy out. Or leave it blank or whatever, pretty much how poe.trade work right now but in-game!
Anything less than a full blown in-game Auction House won't be good enough. We need to be able to put items up for auction, sell while offline, and buy maps/essences/currency in bulk from multiple people at the same time.

AH isn't going to have as big of a negative impact as some people think. If poe.trade proved anything is that a convenient trading system is good for the game.
"
Mischief67 wrote:
"
WickedSausage wrote:

Jesus the usual no brains are at it again.

1. It's not because Blizzard fked it up that other businesses will literally take the same approach and also fk it up.
2. Too convenient? That's what we're ALL doign right here, right now (can already see the hordes of angry SSF coming). Loot is 99.98% of pure shit. We already have some kind of auction house, it's just getting less usable each leagues that passes.
3. Things already had no value, poe.trade is just hiding it by allowing us to see only 99 items as well as having to sift through the many AKF / "not gonna reply" people.
4. Few people and bots already control the market, get your facts straight mate.

After I am not advocating for a pure AH but we should be able to trade fast and easily, instead of facing that miasma of pure shit.

Exactly, 90+life 2*40+ res belts are 1c, only difference the change would make is, that I could have vaaled 30 belt instead of 15 today.

So even pretty good gear doesn't have any value anymore.

2 years ago a belt like that would have been at least an exalt.
Last edited by krenderke on Sep 14, 2017, 7:38:21 PM
Guess the other 4968 threads weren't enough for you. Not gonna explain again why this is a terrible idea. Just stop it already. Go play something with an AH.
"
Miská wrote:
Guess the other 4968 threads weren't enough for you. Not gonna explain again why this is a terrible idea. Just stop it already. Go play something with an AH.

You don't want to explain because you can't.

AH is the future.
World of Warcraft. 12 million players, auction house
Diablo3 AH failed because it was RMT, huge mistake, I was there when it failed.
They probably don't know how to program this feature into the game, the player base would triple within a month, there would be more people playing the game. Of course some of the old veterans who would commit suicide if one day POE is shut down, wouldn't like Auctioning for nostalgic reasons. But I believe it would be a huge success, financially for GGG also. It's a company, board room meetings, strategy, planning, marketing, monthly bills, salaries, stock market value, investors etc... My guess is, they either don't know how to make it, or it would put a strain on their servers, they can always try it in one season, if it fails, it's gone the next, as with many of the experiments.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info