The real reason why they aren't making an auction house

"
Sickness wrote:
"
torturo wrote:

Basically, money is the only reason why PoE has stone age trading in 2017.

No. The reason is that if trading is too quick and easy it takes away from the gameplay experience. This was proven by D3 and confirmed by PoE.trade.

And it's confirmed on Xbox that shitty AH that you can't buy anything that would be an upgrade + low droprate as f.ck makes most of players stop playing.
"
Sickness wrote:
"
sofocle10000 wrote:
At this moment, not even a full blown AH might not be worse, as already all of GGG fears became real due to poe.trade.

Statements like this just reveals that you do not understand the issue.
Is it really so hard to think of it as sliding scale and not binary?

Should I bold might as neither me or you have certainty regarding the state of the game with a full blown AH implemented?

We might have a surprise and not see the "status quo" change, except regarding the devaluation of items when comparing to the current one where poe.trade rules...

And that sliding scale goes both ways, an full blown AH would also have enough benefits, the question will be if they would offset the negative aspects...

And I was always requesting asynchronous trading with sufficient limitations in place, as a full blown AH with lower options regarding search selection would only place even more strain on the itemisation that mostly revolves around uniques instead of rares...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Oct 2, 2017, 1:11:55 PM
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
"
h3llraiserlol wrote:
had 2 pieces of unique shield from the beachhead, and decided to buy another 2 to complete unique.
it took me only 117 whispers to buy that 2 pieces...

everyone who defends current trade system just can go eat some shit

This sounds like complete bullshit so I had to check for myself.

Made sure "Online Only" and "Buyout" were both set to yes, searched for a shield piece (first piece to be exact), third listing was from yesterday priced at 1c, messaged the seller and they replied immediately.

You are either lying or don't know how to use poe.trade.

I think you could both be right. There is something fishy about the whispers via poe.trade: Some days I get the items I want within a few whispers and some days I whisper 20-30 people (and not the cheapest offers, either) without getting a single reply or even AFK.
Same with offers on my items. There are days where I sell a dozen items within the first quarter hour of loggin on and others where I don't get a single whisper all sunday. And then there are days where everybody who whispers me has the wrong league.

I would not be suprised if there is a sporadic bug in the API/POE.trade/chat mechanic.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
Great suggestion OP

100% behind you on this.
"
Docbp87 wrote:
There is a pretty massive difference between automated buyouts/instant-click-and-get-it AH, and the process that trading currently requires, which is why GGG is okay with it. If PoE.trade and a click-buy-AH were "basically the same thing" then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Yes, there is a huge difference.

You can just list stuff for prices you won't sell them for to influence the market, which you would'nt be able to, if you'd really have to sell stuff you do list for a certain price.
Last edited by basta1982 on Oct 2, 2017, 10:18:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info