Do I need to have a naked slave woman shackled to my mana pool?

I love seeing women in chains personally, whoever made the ui is a hero.

As a male gamer I'd love to see guys in chains too (?).

Never mind that. Erm, if we have to be equal to everyone, if you have two orbs, one should contain a male image, the other a female. Makes perfect sense to me. Two women? You'll get issues. Two men? You'll get even more issues because of their majority.

The game is mature indeed, I could see an animation of a man being tortured as I spend my mana and listen to his screams and wouldn't really care. You have a level 1 ability that's called "Detonate Dead", that should be even more impressing. And indeed, Solaris 3 is quite the experience (I couldn't have loved it MORE, it's not humanly possibly).

P.S.: Nice job on everything so far GGG!
Last edited by Vrye on Feb 27, 2013, 4:43:17 AM
"
Zifna wrote:
Hey there Path of Exile team!

I've heard a lot of great things about this game and decided to check it out. Though I've been gaming for decades, I'm also part of a demographic that's been growing substantially in recent years - female gamers.

As a woman, I appreciate when games are created with me in mind - not front and center necessarily, but somewhere on the horizon. I know that there are still more men than women playing games. What's more, I know that there are a range of women. Some won't be bothered by the naked slave woman, and others may even be turned on by that kinda thing.

But it'd be disingenuous to pretend that all women ought to be be comfortable with the degradation and enslavement of other women. And it makes me a little uncomfortable to look at a half-full mana bubble supported by that poor tortured soul. Every ability cast makes me feel somewhat complicit in her abuse. =(

Couldn't we just have mana bubbles? Or at least an option for plain mana bubbles?

Thanks for hearing me out! It's such an everpresent UI element that it's hard to just ignore. :)
You shouldn't be comfortable with almost _ANYTHING_ that happens in Path of Exile. You are on an island full of murderers, necromancers, zombies, tentacle monsters.. the list goes on.

The orb art is thematic and not at all out of place.

Maybe you should consider it your role in life to keep your mana orb empty and lessen her burden; or better yet, play a blood magic character so the mana orb never gets used.
Turn off your feminist glasses please OP

>Kills mostly males the entire game (bandits, zombies, most of the ebony soldiers)

>complains about girls in shackles

"
But it'd be disingenuous to pretend that all women ought to be be comfortable with the degradation and enslavement of other women.

Would you complain if it would have been men, that were enslaved?
It seems you only care about it because it's women who are enslaved, so you are okay with slaves as long it's not women or what?

Sounds super hypocritical to me.

I guess you either have a problem in general with the violent nature of the artstyle of the game or you are just being in favor of one sex over the other.
Last edited by KenshiD on Feb 27, 2013, 5:21:01 AM
GGG could have UI's with custom graphics as a microtransaction.
Last edited by Blattdorf on Feb 27, 2013, 6:50:26 AM
Honestly? This discussion is stupid.
As said by GGG, the game is inspired by medieval designs, if they follow this line of reasoning, can not create enemies Asians, blacks, women, disfigured, maimed, endangered animals, aliens, this always involve prejudice.
Like I said, this is stupid, people play a game hardcore and want to see what? Butterflies? Pokemon? Are you serious?
Soon they will complain to Sony about Kratos being chained in his game.
Last edited by crishark on Feb 27, 2013, 7:49:22 AM
I play this game for almost 2 months now and without you pointing out, I wouldn't even have recognized the naked slave woman shackled to my mana pool.

Good games are better than naked women made of pixels.
"
I love seeing women in chains personally, whoever made the ui is a hero.

My little tribute to Diablo 1 aka why Diablo 3 is the worst part of the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP2ejhudUlU

ig: Witchfire_The_Unholy
"
Blattdorf wrote:
GGG could have UI's with custom graphics as a microtransaction.

Im sure that paying money to remove what some people consider to be sexist and/or degrading to women is not an ideal solution...
I think that would start even more problems

Now having a streamlined UI, that is free under the UI options of the game, wouldnt be a bad idea. As I dont mind the naked slave woman, I would say put it at a low priority though

Edit:

As for having different artwork as a microtransaction though, im all for it! Im not sure who the UI guy on the team is, and if that would be an option... but I would spend money on it... even if nobody else got to see it.
Last edited by Grimkorrigk on Feb 27, 2013, 9:38:21 AM
I've been playing since OB and s bit through closed beta and that's the first time I actually noticed that there are naked women supporting my life/mana orbs. :D
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info