Do I need to have a naked slave woman shackled to my mana pool?

"
kwahip wrote:
"
paraspam wrote:
Oh no! The poor privileged middle-class white guy is telling us to just deal with it.

Is this supposed to be directed at me? I say this because I've not given out my sex, nor my race, nor what class I belong to.

Also if it is directed at me, two of them are incorrect assumptions :).

I think he/she's just out to troll. Adds nothing to the discussion, just wants to get a reaction.
12/12/12 - the day Germany decided boys are not quite human.
"
Avireyn wrote:
"
kwahip wrote:
"
paraspam wrote:
Oh no! The poor privileged middle-class white guy is telling us to just deal with it.

Is this supposed to be directed at me? I say this because I've not given out my sex, nor my race, nor what class I belong to.

Also if it is directed at me, two of them are incorrect assumptions :).

I think he/she's just out to troll. Adds nothing to the discussion, just wants to get a reaction.

You would be surprised how many radical feminist types dismiss any argument simply because men are mentioned/referred to in the argument, tho I suspect you are right in this case.
Last edited by kwahip on Feb 28, 2013, 11:50:17 AM
Don't even begin to start this shit in PoE, I've had it with you hardcore feminists on the net.
From Anita to Patricia to Patrick at giantbomb.

CALL ANITA
Le Mankey Face amirite guise :---------------------------------------)
"
Zifna wrote:
Hey there Path of Exile team!

I've heard a lot of great things about this game and decided to check it out. Though I've been gaming for decades, I'm also part of a demographic that's been growing substantially in recent years - female gamers.

As a woman, I appreciate when games are created with me in mind - not front and center necessarily, but somewhere on the horizon. I know that there are still more men than women playing games. What's more, I know that there are a range of women. Some won't be bothered by the naked slave woman, and others may even be turned on by that kinda thing.

But it'd be disingenuous to pretend that all women ought to be be comfortable with the degradation and enslavement of other women. And it makes me a little uncomfortable to look at a half-full mana bubble supported by that poor tortured soul. Every ability cast makes me feel somewhat complicit in her abuse. =(

Couldn't we just have mana bubbles? Or at least an option for plain mana bubbles?

Thanks for hearing me out! It's such an everpresent UI element that it's hard to just ignore. :)

It's just an art choice. As a male, I would not even think to be butthurt about little twink boys being chained to my orbs. It wouldn't even cross my mind as something to be upset about. The female body is a classical ... like, beautiful art subject. I don't know words. :s
They're only chained because of the dark, oppressive-like atmosphere of the game. If they were just splayed all over the orbs without chains involved would you be less upset?
This is a complete non-issue imo.
I demand to have the humanoid enemy skin replaced so that they look like unicorns as I'm not comfortable with the current layout. Also I am offended seeing how I'm not able to find any proper white or proper black people in the game, feels like I'm taking a shit on my ancestors every time I stab one of those greyish or brownish looking humanoid enemies.

I don't mine the naked slave woman though.
Alright, I know what we should do: free the mana orb girl, chain OP in her place
Hey guys and girls! When do we get to debate the torturing, mutilation, and extremely cruel, unusual, and inhumane medical experimentation on innocent men and women that occurs in Lunaris Temple?! All at the hands of an incredibly wicked female!

I'm excited.

The ui excellent art work will be the least of their concerns at that point~.
Last edited by StockSyn on Feb 28, 2013, 11:57:02 PM
"
Alright, I know what we should do: free the mana orb girl, chain OP in her place

This is just plain sick, and way more disturbing than any of the content in this game. Seriously? How is this even acceptable behavior on these forums? This reflects EXTREMELY poorly on the developers for allowing disgusting behavior like this to slide.

I'll give this person the benefit of the doubt and assume they're not actually into torture and enslavement, but even if this is just some kind of "joke," at BEST, this person is saying that they really do want this game to be a boys only club, and any women who is offended in any way, well, they don't deserve to be here!

As a heterosexual male, this attitude, which pervades through this thread, DISGUSTS ME. I want this game to be MORE attractive to girls than guys, because guys will play it because it's a great game. No one thinks you're cool for insulting and degrading women on the internet. Give it a rest please, I like hanging out with girls! Stop trying to drive them away, I promise you this doesn't secretly turn them on. Shit like this really makes me question the sexuality of the poster, and the prevalence of this kind of garbage on the internet astounds me.

After watching my wife give birth, I am thankful for my penis, each and every day. But reading this kind of garbage makes me sad to share a gender with these sexist, insensitive, possibly closet homosexual assholes.

"
lpcoduti wrote:
But reading this kind of garbage makes me sad to share a gender with these sexist, insensitive, possibly closet homosexual assholes.

what the fuck is your problem?
Last edited by kellypoe on Mar 1, 2013, 1:42:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info