[3.X?] ALL Content! Lv100 Huy's OG Summon Raging Spirits Necromancer Guide - .:The Druid:.

Hi I have a quick question, I am playing this build and I like it btw. Am I supposed to be auto attacking? With all of the skills I'm using it leaves no room for it on my bars.

Also, do the SRS retroactively get flesh offering buff if the buff is on me? Or do I have to recast it every time I summon more new ones?
Last edited by venroh on Apr 5, 2018, 12:36:29 PM
Hi guys,

Returning player and found that my 2 IIQ gems were suddenly worth something :P

Sold them and bought the following gears, enjoying mapping (up to T6-9) right now...

Would be grateful for any advice on how to improve the build - I was able to open Apex of Sacrifice (to fight Atziri), but I wasn't able to kill it

Wanted to ask - What should I prioritize in upgrading my gear? I have about 7exa for use if need be

Here's my gear.. Thanks in advance!

Is this hardcore viable? If so what would you change if anything at all for hc?
"
venroh wrote:
Hi I have a quick question, I am playing this build and I like it btw. Am I supposed to be auto attacking? With all of the skills I'm using it leaves no room for it on my bars.

Also, do the SRS retroactively get flesh offering buff if the buff is on me? Or do I have to recast it every time I summon more new ones?

If you look here, you can see how I set up my buttons: Atlas

Should not be Auto-Attacking, and aside from re-applying auras after death, those can be shuffled back as well. You can interchange the Vaal skills as needed.

Obviously what those keybind end up being/how they're laid out depends on how you like it. I've always liked LMB being Shield Charge and RMB being SRS.

As for Flesh Offering, you know I'm not 100% on it. I believe it does apply as a blanket to any minions present. As long as you're moving along, casting it on what you just killed and have a nice rolling wave of SRS for mapping it should be just fine.

Hope this helps!
Check me out on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/brittleknee
All of my builds are here: https://tinyurl.com/y5vwayk2
Hello!

I'll get straight to my question before boring with info:
With the character I have now (SRSoketh), would switching things around to follow this build be better, worse or about the same as far as damage / defenses / speed?

The Scourge wouldn't be much to get, I have a 6 socket Belly I'm trying to 6 link, I think I'd need about 31 Regrets (that I have) to swap passives, and otherwise I only have about 150c or so to spend to get/craft the rares.

I'm asking because as much as I love the idea of SRS and keep trying to make one every league I play, I always end up not liking the characters. From mana issues, to having SRS feel slow with cast speed or Spell Echo, to having mapping feel slow/clunky (without movement speed plus with the delay before the skulls actually move/attack), to not having a lot of SRS specific gear to go for (I'm terrible for crafting rares). I tended to use other summons with SRS and eventually just play another character instead. Last time I tried Skeletons, this time I'm doing SRS/Zombies with The Baron. As much as I like Zombies for map clear with Slam insta-killing packs, their annoyingly ADD AI that causes them to stop attacking and come to me when I dodge attacks is getting frustrating. I want to either get rid of the Zombies and go pure SRS, or stick with The Baron and add in Spectres/Animate Guardian to just stand there and buff SRS.

I originally looked at this guide and was going to follow it before getting to level 40 or so. At that point my mind went "you know, you always switch from pure SRS to SRS + something else, might as well build with that something else in mind now". I've played for at least 3 leagues so far, so I'm not completely new to the game, but I'm far from experienced. I'm a noob when it comes to crafting, so I'm hoping even with badly crafted rares the build still works well enough, lol.

For anyone that has a look and offers opinions/advice, thanks a lot! Just someone a little above noob trying end-game content for the first time and figuring my current build won't cut it. I tried and failed horribly at Uber Atziri, though I expected I would, but how bad the character fared was really sad.
"
brittleknee wrote:
"
venroh wrote:

If you look here, you can see how I set up my buttons: Atlas

Should not be Auto-Attacking, and aside from re-applying auras after death, those can be shuffled back as well. You can interchange the Vaal skills as needed.

Obviously what those keybind end up being/how they're laid out depends on how you like it. I've always liked LMB being Shield Charge and RMB being SRS.

As for Flesh Offering, you know I'm not 100% on it. I believe it does apply as a blanket to any minions present. As long as you're moving along, casting it on what you just killed and have a nice rolling wave of SRS for mapping it should be just fine.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the insight. I was using the Vaal Lightning Trap for a while but honestly I like Vaal Clarity a lot more. I'm still working on my flesh offering uptime but I'm having a lot of fun mapping so far and haven't ran into any major problems other than dying when I get too cocky Shield Charging into packs. Normal Elder was a breeze and I'm looking forward to taking this build to the end game.
hey :) quick question:

why take the tree nodes "Puppet Master" and "Herd the Flock"? (both top left)

why do they need more life/ele res? I do not notice them dying while playing

thx b4hand for the answer
"
hawleyyau wrote:
Hi guys,

Returning player and found that my 2 IIQ gems were suddenly worth something :P

Sold them and bought the following gears, enjoying mapping (up to T6-9) right now...

Would be grateful for any advice on how to improve the build - I was able to open Apex of Sacrifice (to fight Atziri), but I wasn't able to kill it

Wanted to ask ...

Continued playing my witch for a bit - I started some red maps and when I was fighting the bosses I usually end up more than 2 times xD

I'm not sure how I could improve so I won't die to redmap bosses that much. Though I did chisel & vaal those red maps...

I feel like I reached a bottleneck with my SRS witch... guess I'll keep playing some more red maps and pay attention to map mods more xD

Any advice on my character (profile made public) would be much appreciated!
Last edited by hawleyyau on Apr 12, 2018, 9:52:41 PM
"
Xardas1988 wrote:
hey :) quick question:

why take the tree nodes "Puppet Master" and "Herd the Flock"? (both top left)

why do they need more life/ele res? I do not notice them dying while playing

thx b4hand for the answer

Initially these were taken to help keep the SRS alive until you got Empower 4. Its also great for the leveling process, especially if you use Zombies or something as meat shields. As the SRS approach Level 26, they'll each have like 10k+ health, and its not needed anymore, you can drop these two nodes for jewel slot, more life, etc.

However, post-ascendecy revamp, it seems like the SRS are beefy enough to drop those passives after getting Empower 4, no +1 Belly needed.

I'm even currently experimenting with dropping one of the duration nodes, too, since that was also buffed.
Check me out on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/brittleknee
All of my builds are here: https://tinyurl.com/y5vwayk2
What is a decent alternative armor for srs? I only play HC and currently am still using Tabula at level 80 LOL.
Last edited by NecropK on Apr 14, 2018, 3:45:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info