[3.5] Ghostly Quad Totem HOWA. 10k ES, 77% Evade, 1.9 Mill Shaper DPS

I searched the thread but couldn't find much info on delving.

How well does this do in 3.5/Betrayal delve? Is it good for fossil hunting in side areas? For going deep? Both?

Ideally, I'd like to be able to get to around depth 600 or so and start exploring a bunch.
Is it possible to sharper with 5 links?
Just not getting the damage i would like with this, granted i am still only 75, any suggestions on gear and such?
Shaper should be very doable on a 5 link assuming you dodge effectively.

If your damage feels low check your gear with int on it (boots, shield, neck and % on belt and weapon) and make sure that it has a high int roll. Boot enchant also gives a huge boost to dps and cannot be overstated. It's pretty easy to get so try for that if you're missing it. if you don't have a 6 link that should be a priority, and make sure u are using conc effect on bosses not increased aoe. good jewels are also a big boost to dps and are pretty easy to find 4 mod ones cheap because this isn't a super popular build.

As far as delving, it doesn't deal with darkness very well because it relies pretty heavily on recharge. If u use flares liberally when exploring side paths, you shoud be ok. I skipped delve and am currently working on getting to greater depths but i imagine you will be able to handle some pretty extreme depths as long as you stay in the light.

Darkness and extreme clear speed are the only 2 things i have found that this isn't my favorite build for. Clear speed is ok but if u want 1 minute map clears, you should probably go with a pathfinder.
"
Bornforexile wrote:
Just not getting the damage i would like with this, granted i am still only 75, any suggestions on gear and such?

I looked at our build and your tree is all wrong. you have crit nodes when this build uses elemental focus. You have life nodes and by 75 you should have chaos inoculation. you took elemental damage nodes instead of intelligence nodes and this build scales off of intelligence.

If you copy the exact tree in the guide and get the right gear i guarantee you will perform far better
"
Bornforexile wrote:

I looked at our build and your tree is all wrong. you have crit nodes when this build uses elemental focus. You have life nodes and by 75 you should have chaos inoculation. you took elemental damage nodes instead of intelligence nodes and this build scales off of intelligence.

If you copy the exact tree in the guide and get the right gear i guarantee you will perform far better
I'm using this build and currently level 89. It performs fine for the most part however I cannot get 4 totems at once. I cast totem and 2 shoots out, I cast again and 2 more shoot out but 1 dissapears. Apparently I can only have 3 totems on the screen at a time. Did I miss something?
"
WreckedIt wrote:
I'm using this build and currently level 89. It performs fine for the most part however I cannot get 4 totems at once. I cast totem and 2 shoots out, I cast again and 2 more shoot out but 1 dissapears. Apparently I can only have 3 totems on the screen at a time. Did I miss something?

Guessing you're missing +1 totem on shield?
With the 3.5 update, number of totems got nerfed, but you can still have 4 , if you tweak the build a bit. I opted out of Ancestral Bond on the skill tree, and substituted Multiple totems support on the 6 link armor, replacing Ruthless support. I now have 4 totems & dps is still pretty strong, even though Multiple totems support cuts dps down by 21%. I tried 3 totems, and with ultimate Ascendancy, I could even use 5 totems, but 4 seems to be the sweet spot. My only problem is I'm lvl 92 now, and I'm getting one-shotted by Syndicate on upper tier maps, like T13-16. Tho I still have some Int nodes to get on my tree. Also I'm constantly respawning my lightning minion, I even added minion life support, which helps, but he tends to die quickly.

All in all a fun build, but needs tweaking a bit for 3.5
Last edited by RedneckDummy on Jan 28, 2019, 7:58:08 PM
I've been playing with this too. I used a queens hunger chest, a vertex with +2 to socketed aura gems with vaal discipline in it. I changed the ascendancy a little and use multiple totems like you have. The suggested fourth ascendancy seems useless with multiple totems so I grabbed the node that generates charges and scales totem damage off it. The endurance charges might help with survivability and I swap in immortal call sometimes.

I end up with 5 totems. Because of the uber lab add lightning enchant on my boots I'd prefer not to dps so use bladeflurry to crit on bosses and tougher packs.

Just picked up a watchers eye with faster es recharge while affected by discipline and phys to lightning conversion which should benefit nicely.

The queens hunger loses out about 75 es total and ends up under on resists. So far wise oak brings me well over cap and it works. At worst I'll put more resists in gems. In trade the offerings give lots of good stuff for us. Plus bloody gory explosions nonstop while corpses are around. Fun.

I'm planning to head to 90ish and play with path of building a little to optimize.

I had the thought of putting in a 4 link to do damage with instead of blade flurry. I'm not sure if there are good options.

I have maybe 4 exalt in the build. I've gotten lucky with my hotm rolling 12%intell and 12% dex, but the Christmas light chest recommended in the guide has eaten 500 fusings that I'm not counting in that.

Overall very fun. I'd like to play with another int stacking howa ci build next league too. Id love to try an occultist, but molten strike enchant and gear is crazy right now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info