[3.5] Ghostly Quad Totem HOWA. 10k ES, 77% Evade, 1.9 Mill Shaper DPS

"
kurto55 wrote:
Hi all,

Thank you for a great build and guide - easy to follow, especially the levellign gear suggestions. I am level 89 and have a question regarding ES.

I currently have ~7.5k ES, nowhere near 10k and was wondering if this is just from lacking some intelligence or am I misssing something else?

Can someone take a look at my character - name is Zarathuss

Many thanks!

You have the wrong type of atziri's splendour. It should have at least 500 ES.

"
Kongjarl wrote:
Hi,

I actually had this build for a while and it's so good and easy to play.

I only have questions about the flasks. With Purity of element and my jewels I'm 20-50% over lvl cap. That is without using The Wise Oak flask.
So my questions is, do we need Wise Oak and do we need Purity of element or can we replace it with maybe a dmg aura?

Wise Oak would not have 100% uptime at boss fights and is uses for ele penetration but not for resists capping.

"
Kongjarl wrote:
Hi,

I actually had this build for a while and it's so good and easy to play.

I only have questions about the flasks. With Purity of element and my jewels I'm 20-50% over lvl cap. That is without using The Wise Oak flask.
So my questions is, do we need Wise Oak and do we need Purity of element or can we replace it with maybe a dmg aura?

Wise Oak would not have 100% uptime at boss fights and is uses for ele penetration but not for resists capping.[/quote]

I understand what your saying, but I still have max cap, without purity of element and without Wise Oak. This is due to my jewels.
Is it better I change my jewels then?
"
Kongjarl wrote:
I understand what your saying, but I still have max cap, without purity of element and without Wise Oak. This is due to my jewels.

Ok, let's see:
Dragon Eye - 1 damage stat
Phoenix Post - 0 (!) damage stats
Pure talent without connecting to Scion start
Oblivion dew - 1 damage + ES
and so on
I do not see any good jewels at all in your tree. You can try import your char to PoB and compare how much DPS you get from them, from herald of thunder and from 4 stat good ones.

P.S. Also at shaper/elder fights totems resistances are important in order to they don't die quickly. This is one more reason to keep purity of elements.
Last edited by bogdan_dm on Sep 20, 2018, 8:33:40 AM
"
bogdan_dm wrote:
"
Kongjarl wrote:

Ok, let's see:
Dragon Eye - 1 damage stat
Phoenix Post - 0 (!) damage stats
Pure talent without connecting to Scion start
Oblivion dew - 1 damage + ES
and so on
I do not see any good jewels at all in your tree. You can try import your char to PoB and compare how much DPS you get from them, from herald of thunder and from 4 stat good ones.

P.S. Also at shaper/elder fights totems resistances are important in order to they don't die quickly. This is one more reason to keep purity of elements.

Great.. I go on a jewel hunt then :)
currently 94 at dhc
Did most of the game content(all excluding uber elder at that point)
Got min-maxed gear(no clarity jool, no 850 es armor, using vertex, not a rare helm couse i cant craft one yet ;))
sitting at 14.8k es with 390k boss damage at totem(ps i am using light pen instead of damage on full life couse its more consistent, and u lose roughtly 18% of damage)
Currenly delving at 270+, killed vaal delve boss with 0 effort, farming darkness is okay.
Last edited by LostSinner666 on Sep 24, 2018, 1:01:09 PM
What if i swap heralds to purity of elements then maxing resistance from jewels?
"
LostSinner666 wrote:
currently 94 at dhc
Did most of the game content(all excluding uber elder at that point)
Got min-maxed gear(no clarity jool, no 850 es armor, using vertex, not a rare helm couse i cant craft one yet ;))
sitting at 14.8k es with 390k boss damage at totem(ps i am using light pen instead of damage on full life couse its more consistent, and u lose roughtly 18% of damage)
Currenly delving at 270+, killed vaal delve boss with 0 effort, farming darkness is okay.

Your are always at full life! If not, your dead! You only have 1 in life. ES is not counted as life. So as long as your alive, you have full life.

So really advise you to use dmg on full life..
"
eol0923199300 wrote:
What if i swap heralds to purity of elements then maxing resistance from jewels?

(You mean purity of element to heralds?)
Herald of Ice is not optimal besause we have lightning damage and penetration from tree. Herald of Thunder will give us 20 to 81 lightning damage. In my case HoWA deals about 120-1200 ldmg. So it is not a great buff either (7% more).
On the other hand to replace PoE you will need at least 3 jewels. So you will lose 15% inc AS or 20+ Int and maybe some Dex. Secondary heralds attacks will be never trigger because of we never inflict freeze or shock. And you will lose totems resistances as well.

Also 2 usefull requests:
4 stat jewels with "ok" rolls - http://poe.trade/search/oyarimoruagari
3 stat jewels with resistances - http://poe.trade/search/otonirihahaomk (I dont like "+ to <some res>" because it mess up wise oak)
Last edited by bogdan_dm on Sep 25, 2018, 6:38:08 AM
Thank you very much for guide !

Today was my first Elder(yellow) + all 4 of his guardians, kill on hardcore !

Never did it before - Was easy :)

I got a question:

Wise oak - Isnt 15% lightning penetration better than all def ?

Added. 5 hours later i kill red elder on hc omegalul, nerf please ! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Last edited by quflamingo on Sep 27, 2018, 2:15:17 PM
---> IMPORTANT <---

MUST READ

You can generate frenzy charges via cold snap(not vaal cold snap) with cast when damage taken.
You can add to it increased area of effect ! (each quality of cold snap gem also increased radius by 0.5%)

P.s. at least i think this is important (-‸ლ)
Last edited by quflamingo on Sep 27, 2018, 8:09:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info