[3.5] Ghostly Quad Totem HOWA. 10k ES, 77% Evade, 1.9 Mill Shaper DPS

Scott,
This makes perfect sense...especially the totem life. This is a circumstance where people are learning the mechanics of the fight and putting down totems DOES hinder movement patterns. I hand't even considered that, nor did I even think about running ice, fire, light, but that will get your resists up and even for Wise Oak, and our dps can be overkill at times.

Thanks for sharing your variation of the build on this forum...I think everyone appreciates your input...and another major thank you to WaffleT for maintaining the momentum and helping everyone figure out how to have fun and clear content.
"
scott4040 wrote:

Yeah i much prefer orb of storms, i also dont use wrath and instead run disc + purity of ice+fire+lightning.

my first uber elder kills were with bad gear and 9k ES and my advice to anyone trying to increase your survivability on uber elder with this style of build is to get TOTEM LIFE.

it sounds weird because that doesnt help YOU survive at all but the less times you have to stop to cast your totems, the more attention you can pay to other things. when i was farming ubers with this build during the start of the league my set up had 96% totem life.

Very interesting I did consider triple purity cutting sanctuary and getting sovereignty and Influence but since I have a watchers eye with the pen I couldn't bring myself to cut wrath. On my character the change is 25% less damage but +5% max resistances or 20% less elemental damage taken

Interestingly thats about the same ratio in tree value too. If I cut damage nodes like heart of thunder, sanctity and a jewel socket in order to pick up pure ES like Arcane focus and Written in blood then I also lose 25% damage and gain 20% more ES. I think that might be a bit better value then purities due to it dealing with physical hits and scaling with ES regen and recharge. Doing this to keep wrath is only worthwhile if you have the 15% wrath pen watchers eye though.

Swapping to Incandescent heart seems best value to gain elemental defenses losing the least damage. If I swap into the chest, swap jewels into resistance ones and cut damage nodes until my ES is back up to its previous state I lose less damage then either of the other 2 options and it gives 25% less ele damage taken rather then 20%

Quick question do we know if shaper beam 'hits'? It looks kind of like scorching ray and degens so if it doesn't count as a 'hit' then incandescent heart can't convert it and won't decrease its damage

96% totem life is impressive. The tree only really has 3 accessible totem life nodes that are not taken so I have to assume thats mostly on jewels. Its not a stat I had cared about but when I last ran this build uber elder didn't exist so I didn't need to spec for it
Last edited by WaffleT on Apr 19, 2018, 3:39:46 AM
Killed t11 elder deathless (and bosses up to it) as level 82 with 5l and level 18 gems. Super easy build, clearspeed is not supergreat but it's good enough and this is a bosskiller not a speedclearer. I personally added in my claw a cwdt+immortal call.

Would've loved if there was some info of how to clear faster (except for area decrease/increase gem swap), maybe some shenanigans with the leftover 3link.

Also couldn't find if you should kill/save bandits but found it later in the thread in replies.

9/10 excellent guide
Last edited by Lejvingdude on Apr 19, 2018, 6:21:02 PM
So, I picked up a nice BiS last night...help me theorycraft this guy:

So far I have paired it with

I have also equipped a Self-Flagellation...so, essentially, yes 20% damage per curse...its absurd.

So far this addition is so incredibly OP, I can't imagine it remaining in the game in its current state.

Help me play :).
"
So, I picked up a nice BiS last night...help me theorycraft this guy:

So far I have paired it with

I have also equipped a Self-Flagellation...so, essentially, yes 20% damage per curse...its absurd.

So far this addition is so incredibly OP, I can't imagine it remaining in the game in its current state.

Help me play :).

How did you afford that Reflection?

Current prices are 200ex upwards, and there are only 3 on poe.trade.

One of them has 3 white sockets... and isn't corrupted. This seems... odd.

"How did you afford that Reflection?

Current prices are 200ex upwards, and there are only 3 on poe.trade.

One of them has 3 white sockets... and isn't corrupted. This seems... odd."

First off, I acquired the shield for 150ex

Secondly, I'm not sure what you're implying, but it seems rather rude...odd in exactly what way? How I've grinded and acquired my currency? Would you like a list of all the 6ls I've rolled, lab enchants, crafting, and mapping, and +1 curse rolls and everything in between?

"

First off, I acquired the shield for 150ex

Secondly, I'm not sure what you're implying, but it seems rather rude...odd in exactly what way? How I've grinded and acquired my currency? Would you like a list of all the 6ls I've rolled, lab enchants, crafting, and mapping, and +1 curse rolls and everything in between?

I don't think they were accusing yours of being odd but the one they saw listed on poe trade that had impossible contents. Probably just a poetrade display bug but it does make a "wtf is that" reaction

In terms of asking how you got yours I think people are still hoping there is a shortcut to get one since its rarity is way higher then it should be. Its a great item but I don't think its better then 3-6 headhunters or whatever its at. Its just hope, not to diminish your achievement.

In terms of what to do with it I think you've got it. The soul mantle + soul flagellation combo is OP. I'd probably cut a bunch of damage nodes to take ES nodes since you're damage will be high with that combo
I guess the wording threw me off guard, but I can understand the logic behind why it was approached in that manner. The prophecy is incredibly rare, and among my friends list I know firsthand of people spending over 20k coins and then some.

In regards to the 3 white socket Reflection...there is actually a recipe to roll up 3 white sockets on the shield. The recipe calls for an Albino Rhoa which we know are so very, very common...

Anyhow, I've been playing with the Soul Mantle+ Flag and it's insane for damage and absolutely beautiful for maps with curse affixes. It really, really shines in HoTGM and I can easily clear the halls and actually carry someone.

Anyway, I didn't mean to have a cranky ol butthead response, I think I just took it the wrong way. And, as always, thank you for the perspective Waffle.
Got helm enchantment "15% increased Elemental Hit Attack Speed".
Does it influence on totem speed/damage?
Do I need to save this enchant or try to get some with "Ancestral Warchief Totem" ?
Thanks for advises!
Last edited by A1XP on Apr 25, 2018, 2:01:19 PM
"
WaffleT wrote:
I don't think they were accusing

^^

What Waffles said.

I think it's awesome that you have been able to acquire 150+ ex :D

The 3-white socket recipe was unknown to me, thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info