[3.5] Ghostly Quad Totem HOWA. 10k ES, 77% Evade, 1.9 Mill Shaper DPS

"
WaffleT wrote:
"
Jaennai wrote:
Tried 2 set uber elder, seems not possible due to ancestral warchief totem range (both Concentrated Effect/Area). Shaper constantly killing totems with beam and bolts while trying to hit elder. Totems live aprox 1-2 seconds near elder before they die, due to placement speed they only hit once then dies. I barely took %40 health from both bosses before all portals used.

We need another solution or another 6 link setup for this. @WaffleT any suggestion?

If its as bad as you say then this boss might just be a boss that totems don't really work on, google only results in 1 totem build taking it down and couldn't do it deathless.

It surprises me the Heiro stuggled that much as between this and the scion molten strike variant of this build I would have considered the heirophant the more reliable boss killer due to its range but as far as my memory goes 2 people from each build posted their uber elder spawn and the heirophant players failed where the scion players succeeded.

Thats a real shame, I recognise that this fight has alot more bullet hell that takes down totems but I thought the heirophant would have near unlimited sustain since it can kite and get all its ES back without flasks or attacking. I did not manage to get the fight to spawn for myself so sorry I won't be much help with tips

this style build has no problem with uber elder deathless, heres a vid of me killing it deathless back in march

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqeRdCnray4&t=4s

my build is different to waffles though, i didnt realise waffles exsisted until after i had created my build
Last edited by scott4040 on Apr 16, 2018, 7:26:41 AM
"
this style build has no problem with uber elder deathless, heres a vid of me killing it deathless back in march

my build is different to waffles though, i didnt realise waffles exsisted until after i had created my build

WHat is your build ? can we have more infroomation? pastebin or other! thanks
"
scott4040 wrote:
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
Jaennai wrote:
Tried 2 set uber elder, seems not possible due to ancestral warchief totem range (both Concentrated Effect/Area). Shaper constantly killing totems with beam and bolts while trying to hit elder. Totems live aprox 1-2 seconds near elder before they die, due to placement speed they only hit once then dies. I barely took %40 health from both bosses before all portals used.

We need another solution or another 6 link setup for this. @WaffleT any suggestion?

If its as bad as you say then this boss might just be a boss that totems don't really work on, google only results in 1 totem build taking it down and couldn't do it deathless.

It surprises me the Heiro stuggled that much as between this and the scion molten strike variant of this build I would have considered the heirophant the more reliable boss killer due to its range but as far as my memory goes 2 people from each build posted their uber elder spawn and the heirophant players failed where the scion players succeeded.

Thats a real shame, I recognise that this fight has alot more bullet hell that takes down totems but I thought the heirophant would have near unlimited sustain since it can kite and get all its ES back without flasks or attacking. I did not manage to get the fight to spawn for myself so sorry I won't be much help with tips

So you use incandescent heart instead. Is your tree a lot different? I think it must be since you seem to have a lot more ES. Or maybe you just got more int/ES on jewels?
Last edited by Orbitalx on Apr 17, 2018, 10:58:52 AM
Does the plus 1 max res from unnatural calm mess up wise oak?
"
Orbitalx wrote:

So you use incandescent heart instead. Is your tree a lot different? I think it must be since you seem to have a lot more ES. Or maybe you just got more int/ES on jewels?

A clarity watchers eye or atziri's reflection would account for that ES. Or just really high level.

Hard to say what their tree is like but with the same items (taking the incandescent heart option) I don't think it can be that different. Thanks for the video scott4040

"
Orbitalx wrote:
Does the plus 1 max res from unnatural calm mess up wise oak?

Nope. I also wondered that but apparently not
Last edited by WaffleT on Apr 18, 2018, 4:05:31 AM
"
Halls of The Grandmaster have been cleared. I made a post about it earlier in this thread, but I made a few updates to the build. This tweak is just for halls, but it also works well in mapping, etc.

Helm---Run increased enfeeble enchant
Chest---Block chance reduction support, Concentrated Effect, Elemental Damage, Damage on Full Life, Elemental Focus---I took out ruthless for pvp.
Phase run helps with movement. I run it in the claw socket.

Two curses: Enfeeble, Poacher's Mark. The 2nd curse was acquired using a +1 curse astramentis---not cheap.

The goal is to reduce incoming damage/accuracy, strip down block chance, and be mobile. Don't be afraid to play it safe and tacitly. One fight lasted ten mins.

This was my 3rd attempt at halls tweaking gear around a bit...and it was almost deathless. I got aggressive at the end. I posted a more detailed play style a few pages back. Anyhow, it's possible, and, likely farm able.

**I do have a lot of currency into this build, so it definitely isn't cheap...but I think a clear can still be achieved making minor changes.

I did HoGM with this build on my 3rd try, 2 deaths.

My trick wasn't a +1 Curse Astramentis, it was a 1c Balefire xD

Socket Spell Totem into the Balefire along with Increased Duration, and stick a Frost Bomb in somewhere. This combination allows you to thrown down a couple of normal Warchief totems, and a couple of level25 Scorching Ray totems, and a frost bomb, as you kite around the harder-to-kill heroes. Your damage is greatly reduced for those fights (replacing your HoWA woth the Balefire) but that's OK, the Scorching Ray and Frost Bomb is just there to stop their regen and whittle their health away.

And yes, this is with Reduced Block Chance socketed in a spare Atzir's Splendour chest which I bought specifically for HoGM. It's only a 5L but it does the trick.

I don't have a helm enchant or Phase Run.

So far I've done everything with this build except Uber Elder which I haven't unlocked yet.
This build felt great leveling until about 60-66ish. But once you can put on the gear at I think level 66 or 68, and you switch to CI, it is really really good. I did Uber Lab at level 70 and the 2 other people with me died so I did Uber Izaro at level 70 with 3 person HP. It was not too hard. So far I am level 86 and I have only 3 deaths. 2 were leveling and I died to a cold boss when I had 25% cold res. My own fault. The other death was a 2 shot from t13 core malachai with a ton of extra damage and inc aoe. I think I got hit by 2 mines really really quick.

This build is really really good. At level 86 I think I have about 800-900k shaper dps and 9.4k ES. I love int scaling builds because they feel really good with each additional passive point. I have done phoenix and hydra both deathless already at level 86. I have builds with more damage but definitely not the same level of survivability. Plus it is pretty cheap :) Thank you for this build.
Last edited by Orbitalx on Apr 18, 2018, 5:09:57 PM
"I did HoGM with this build on my 3rd try, 2 deaths.

My trick wasn't a +1 Curse Astramentis, it was a 1c Balefire xD

Socket Spell Totem into the Balefire along with Increased Duration, and stick a Frost Bomb in somewhere. This combination allows you to thrown down a couple of normal Warchief totems, and a couple of level25 Scorching Ray totems, and a frost bomb, as you kite around the harder-to-kill heroes. Your damage is greatly reduced for those fights (replacing your HoWA woth the Balefire) but that's OK, the Scorching Ray and Frost Bomb is just there to stop their regen and whittle their health away.

And yes, this is with Reduced Block Chance socketed in a spare Atzir's Splendour chest which I bought specifically for HoGM. It's only a 5L but it does the trick.

I don't have a helm enchant or Phase Run.

So far I've done everything with this build except Uber Elder which I haven't unlocked yet."

Nice, Morgue. Yeah, that sounds like a bit of fun as well and I'm glad you cleared it. I've had five more clears since then and have found that part of it is honestly experience...it's actually really fun. I'm going to give your variation a go because it seems to be another cool tactic! I'm glad you got the clear.
My next step is Uber Elder. I have him open, but have lost two sets of portals so far. I think its my mechanics. I'm a also tinkering with the build a bit. Thanks for sharing!
Scott4040 Wrote:

"this style build has no problem with uber elder deathless, heres a vid of me killing it deathless back in march

my build is different to waffles though, i didnt realise waffles exsisted until after i had created my build"

So, I tinkered with what I thought was Scotts variations...I dont think I have everything down, but I did switch to an Incandescent Heart, and changed out blind for:

Orb of Storms, faster casting, increased critical strikes. This allows you to lay down orb and get a nice dps boost from totems procing lightning, and keep your dps up all while remaining mobile. For a 4th gem I would recommend increased duration.

Anyhow, with the IH and the Orb of Storms mod, DPS shoots through the roof in maps and on boss encounters...survival is roughly the same imo, because unless you have super expensive gear, the loss of ES just isnt worth the chaos to elemental damage reduction. It took me from 14k to 12.2, but thats more than enough ES for my build. A very nice boost and a bit different of playstyle from blind. I like it.
Last edited by Trainspotter80 on Apr 18, 2018, 10:14:44 PM
"
Scott4040 Wrote:

"this style build has no problem with uber elder deathless, heres a vid of me killing it deathless back in march

my build is different to waffles though, i didnt realise waffles exsisted until after i had created my build"

So, I tinkered with what I thought was Scotts variations...I dont think I have everything down, but I did switch to an Incandescent Heart, and changed out blind for:

Orb of Storms, faster casting, increased critical strikes. This allows you to lay down orb and get a nice dps boost from totems procing lightning, and keep your dps up all while remaining mobile. For a 4th gem I would recommend increased duration.

Anyhow, with the IH and the Orb of Storms mod, DPS shoots through the roof in maps and on boss encounters...survival is roughly the same imo, because unless you have super expensive gear, the loss of ES just isnt worth the chaos to elemental damage reduction. It took me from 14k to 12.2, but thats more than enough ES for my build. A very nice boost and a bit different of playstyle from blind. I like it.

Yeah i much prefer orb of storms, i also dont use wrath and instead run disc + purity of ice+fire+lightning.

my first uber elder kills were with bad gear and 9k ES and my advice to anyone trying to increase your survivability on uber elder with this style of build is to get TOTEM LIFE.

it sounds weird because that doesnt help YOU survive at all but the less times you have to stop to cast your totems, the more attention you can pay to other things. when i was farming ubers with this build during the start of the league my set up had 96% totem life.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info