[3.3] HrimShot - IceShot/Barrage Frenzy Raider (Shaper Down)

I haven't had a chance to look at this build with the new tree. The VP nerf is the only thing that would affect it probably, all the other mechanics haven't been changed.

As for the bleed issue, I'm not sure. I definitely was carrying a bleed flask, but I didn't notice more bleeds than usual or anything.
"
I haven't had a chance to look at this build with the new tree. The VP nerf is the only thing that would affect it probably, all the other mechanics haven't been changed.

As for the bleed issue, I'm not sure. I definitely was carrying a bleed flask, but I didn't notice more bleeds than usual or anything.

is there a chance to have the tree updated? pls <3
Last edited by Shinkuga on Dec 10, 2017, 3:41:35 PM
I picked this as my league starter build after playing around with ice shot by myself in the short mayhem race before 3.1 launched. I'm currently level 64 and I've found that VP and leech in general was just not sufficient healing. With VP and the leech nodes we can take, it's ~8% of your health per second. To that end, I noticed two things with the tree. A) There's a second flask healing node within easy reach, and B) Most of the points on the way to EO seem kinda pointless.

So I came up with this:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.1.0/AAAABAIBAQBeAO4FLQW1CC4M8g-rEYEUdRa_FyYY2xmOIWAi4iLqI_YkiyT9JpUqTSyFLOkwcTB8MgE31DnUOkI8vj7PQKBB0Ea3R-JKfUtXS3hNklFHUUxVS1b6WhpfcF-wYENh4mKsY6dnoGyMbj1vnm_ycFJ08XcHd9d4-XqEeu99W311ft1_K4GsgwmDbYTFhrOHE4d2idOMNo19jbmNv5smm42btZykoJ-kOaXLqXmsR7IZtMW95r6AwOPBScLswzrIzMjcykrPetCt02_TftQj2NXdRt2o32_jn-Rq51To1u0_7YPuDu9674_xs_1u_h3-uv_e

The goal would be to get an eternal life flask with fast recovery and charge generation on crits (or increased recovery on low life). Unless my math is off, that'd be roughly 1700 life per second with the two flask nodes + belt affix. Additionally, because the jewels this league are just ridiculous, there's 5 jewel sockets taken, with another 3 in range by level 100.

I'm still pretty new to PoE, so I'm not sure just how much damage is lost vs EO, but this seems like a viable option. Please let me know if there's anything glaringly wrong with it. There's probably some items that would make this work even better, but I don't know them all yet.

(I'm not currently using barrage, so no Point Blank is mostly a damage loss when just using Ice Shot)

Edit: As you can see from my profile, I haven't yet invested in this new direction. I'm going to save my passive points until I've downed Kitava and then decide on a direction.
Last edited by DaelinD93 on Dec 10, 2017, 7:42:28 PM
"
DaelinD93 wrote:

I'm still pretty new to PoE, so I'm not sure just how much damage is lost vs EO, but this seems like a viable option. Please let me know if there's anything glaringly wrong with it. There's probably some items that would make this work even better, but I don't know them all yet.

Google Path of Building. There's your answer. Have fun!
So should we take more Critical Strike Chance for Elemental Overload to work? (40% more Elemental Damage if you've Crit in past 8 seconds, No Critical Strike Multiplier)

I'm currently deciding whether to use Drillneck or Soul Strike as my Quiver (these are the best unique quivers for this build?)
Put your build into Path of Building, and then you can calculate how much crit chance you need for EO:

Since EO lasts for 8 seconds, first you see how many attacks you get in that much time.

totalAttacks = attackRate * 8

Then, you want to see what the chance is of getting totalAttacks # of non-crits in a row.

nonCritChance = 1 - critChance
nonCritChance^totalAttacks

which gets you a final formula if you combine it all:

(1 - critChance) ^ (attackRate * 8)

Let's say your attackRate is 3.86 and crit chance of 9.7% (which is what my build's PathOfBuilding link shows).

(1-(1 - 0.097) ^ (3.86 * 8))
= 0.043

So, 0.043 is the chance we don't get a crit in 8s with those numbers, meaning we have an EO uptime of 1 - 0.043 = 0.957 = 95.7% uptime of EO.

For example, upping my crit chance to 14% would give a 99% EO uptime. Honestly 90%+ EO uptime is sufficient, so you can tweak your crit chance/aspd around that.
I'm really enjoying this build, and the new abyss jeweles for it are cheap & SUPER strong. Recommend it!
Would a Herald Of Ice + Curse On Hit + {curse} setup be useful and if so is it better to use Poacher's Mark/Warlord's Mark/Assassin's Mark?

Also would the new uniques Hopeshredder Ranger Bow and Impresence Onyx Amulet (Cold) be helpful?
My wife is playing this build on her first character and is really enjoying it. lv83 so far.

She's running out of mana quite frequently however. How did you get your mana regen so high? There doesn't seem to be much on the passive tree or gear. Any tips?
The mana leech node (going up to Vitality Void) gives you enough to sustain. If you haven't gotten that yet, you could get one point of Mana Leech (near Essence Sap node). If you don't have that either, I believe I just used a Thief's Torment ring until I did.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info