3.11 -- Righteous Fire Juggernaut / Chieftain (Outdated and Abandoned)

"
AluWare wrote:
Hey guys, this is my second league in POE and need some help to improve my gameplay.

My EE doesn't procc and have a lot of problems with boss damage. I tried it with spell totem and scorching ray but seems not better. Also, when i change to spell totem i cant survive maps.

Maybe im doing something wrong, or need better items. I dont know. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Here is my actual gear:

1)remove orb of storms
2)add cold/light damage to attack, your shield charge will proc EE (on rings, amulet or abyss jewel)
3)Pyre is cheap ring and will give you more dps (or essence craft your ring+amulet)
4)jewels with 5-7% life + 1 source of damage are cheap and will give you more dps
5)more life = more dps
6)use weapon with ele damage
7)its not the best boss killer build
Last edited by GiveDiretide on Mar 11, 2018, 5:10:31 PM
"
GiveDiretide wrote:
rolled "20% reduced Vitality Mana Reservation" Enchantment on helmet
can we somehow use it in out build?
I'm now at 43% (PoF) + 28% (V) mana reserved

Mind Over Matter perhaps, for even more tankyness, if ur mana reserve cam handle it.

or maybe a Blasphemy Flammability/ or Despair.

just putting the thought out there, if u have the mana spare one of those might be worth at least the experiment, (For Science! as they say)

let us know how u go.

"
Fe4ril wrote:
Isn't 'Arohongui, Moon's Presence' + 2 minor nodes better than 'Ngamahu, Flame's Advance' and 'Hinekora, Death's Fury' in Chieftain ascendancy? You're losing 10% fire pen, 10% increased strength (which gives like 100 hp) and 10% chance to cover enemy in ash on hit. You're getting "Enemies near your Totems deal 8% less damage" and "Enemies near your Totems take 16% increased Physical and Fire Damage). To cover unique enemy in ash (and apply EE) you'd have to use the pure lightning weapon or use another spell to apply it. Arohongui allows you to equip stronger, single target weapon (like doon or doryani) for difficult bosses and still apply EE with shield charge.

It probably is. I may try it. You can still proc Ash on shield charge with a brutality setup. It still counts as a hit, regardless if it does damage or not. But you have a much harder time proccing Elemental Overload. I dont think EE is that hard to proc. I use a lvl 1 ball lightning cwdt for cursing and it just spits those out. You would have EE on most things. It would either die before it could do 500 dmg to you, or it would get EE proc'd. But you can still spam shield charge to proc Ash.

But is it worth it? You either have to stay with the Fidelitas, or use a brutality set up and have a lot less EO procs. You could maybe find the links to do another cwdt spell with increased critical. But you will have to give something up for that. Thats probably the real issue with brutality shield slam; its not going to crit. So your EO comes solely from spells, which probably dont have the links for an increased critical. It might.

But back to the topic. On my character(lvl 87 Chieftain RF), on trash I would lose 3% dmg going your route. Against bosses, I would lose 6% dmg. The only thing you might notice is being less tanky vs trash(becuase you do lose 10% strength and 10% phys dmg taken as fire), maybe not killing name mobs as fast since Ash will proc on them, and casting a totem is as bad as casting orb of storms on some rare mob. lvl 1 cwdt procs a lot; itll probably always have any mob you dont run over in 1 second EE'd because they will hit you one time and proc it. Esp. if you decide to just run 2 to be safe. As it stands I dont need a big weapon atm, so I'm still just fidelitas'ing around. When I decide to upgrade I may go the Moon's Presence Route. You dont lose much, you still do quite a bit more damage than jugg and still have a ton of regen.
"
Morphl1 wrote:
"
GiveDiretide wrote:
rolled "20% reduced Vitality Mana Reservation" Enchantment on helmet
can we somehow use it in out build?
I'm now at 43% (PoF) + 28% (V) mana reserved

Mind Over Matter perhaps, for even more tankyness, if ur mana reserve cam handle it.

or maybe a Blasphemy Flammability/ or Despair.

just putting the thought out there, if u have the mana spare one of those might be worth at least the experiment, (For Science! as they say)

let us know how u go.

rerolled, looking for damage or aoe
Hey give i started this toon today bought all the gear you listed for doing rf at level 20. For some reason rf still eats my hp and im level 28 and i cant out regen rf for some reason even with 110 fire resist :/
Doing this build for the 2nd league in a row, but going Jugg this time. I'm also interested in the previous question on why the Jugg tree doesn't try to get any +max endurance charges. Some of the nodes are very convenient it seems, but if there's some math I'm unaware of (totally possible), I'd love to know!

Thanks for updating this awesome guide!
"
crazytrain334 wrote:
Hey give i started this toon today bought all the gear you listed for doing rf at level 20. For some reason rf still eats my hp and im level 28 and i cant out regen rf for some reason even with 110 fire resist :/

"
You can start leveling with RF at level 20, but you'll have to meet some requirements. You will also be degenerating life quite a bit, so you'd have to use healing potions regularly to stay alive.

If you don't want to deal with degeneration, you can switch at level 36 instead. At that point, you should be able to sustain fully.
"
Reklaw wrote:
Doing this build for the 2nd league in a row, but going Jugg this time. I'm also interested in the previous question on why the Jugg tree doesn't try to get any +max endurance charges. Some of the nodes are very convenient it seems, but if there's some math I'm unaware of (totally possible), I'd love to know!

Thanks for updating this awesome guide!

I recommend getting end charge with regen per end charge behind it. You could also get the other two if you want to be able to handle large physical hits better, but i feel like i have enough phys mitigation atm so i threw those points into life nodes. I would definitely get all of the end charges if you are running two Kaom's Way rings though, since they give you 0.8 regen per end charge.
"
crazytrain334 wrote:

doesn't matter 110 fire resist or 200, it's all about breaking that 75 cap with maximum resistances
"
GiveDiretide wrote:
"
crazytrain334 wrote:

doesn't matter 110 fire resist or 200, it's all about breaking that 75 cap with maximum resistances

ah ok dont know how to break the cap how do you break it sorry for the odd question im still not great at poe. And also didnt see the degen part and waiting till 36 gotcha

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info