3.11 -- Righteous Fire Juggernaut / Chieftain (Outdated and Abandoned)

"
Aramil wrote:
What about Bubonic Trail with 2 Abyss Sockets?

With the current setup these boots give me:

+100 Maximum Life (from Abyss Jewels)
+5% Increased Maximum Life
+30% Increased Movement Speed
Death Walk (which I use with burning damage + increased area of effect)
+2% Life Regen while Moving (from Abyss Jewels)
+30% Increased Damage (I currently have 3 different Abyss Jewels)

I think these could be a better choice than Kaom's..

What do you think?

How does the death walk work with EE? Does it screw it up? Im curious to know too.

-----
On the other topic, Im pretty surprised that there is no mention about bisco+ventor anywhere in the build (at least I didn't see any), since this can easily support it with 1 or possibly 2 ventors.
"
jehovax wrote:
"
Aramil wrote:
What about Bubonic Trail with 2 Abyss Sockets?

With the current setup these boots give me:

+100 Maximum Life (from Abyss Jewels)
+5% Increased Maximum Life
+30% Increased Movement Speed
Death Walk (which I use with burning damage + increased area of effect)
+2% Life Regen while Moving (from Abyss Jewels)
+30% Increased Damage (I currently have 3 different Abyss Jewels)

What do you think?

How does the death walk work with EE? Does it screw it up? Im curious to know too.

-----
On the other topic, Im pretty surprised that there is no mention about bisco+ventor anywhere in the build (at least I didn't see any), since this can easily support it with 1 or possibly 2 ventors.

From Mark's Post:

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Theoclymenus wrote:
EDIT - Another question!
Do minions (or totems) that you create trigger EE?
Minions - No. Minions are completely separate and are doing their own attacks. They don't have your passive tree.

So I guess explosions done by mosters work the same and don't trigger EE... since they don't have yout passive tree... but I'm not 100% sure.

EDIT: Death walk does trigger EE. I asked on the "Gameplay Help and Discussion" Forum and got an answer by a valued poster.

To counter this we can use the Brutality gem. The 2 Abyss Socket version would still be great even without the damage added by Death Walk.
"There are worlds that lie beyond the edge of my page, the edge of my understanding. Worlds of wonder. Worlds of terror." Aramil - Cartographer to Emperor Chitus

2018 Fan Art Contest Top 20: view-thread/2186731 ||| 2014 T-Shirt Contest Winner: view-thread/759460 ||| "Lost Worlds" Div Card Creator
Last edited by Aramil on Jan 12, 2018, 8:46:49 AM
Why are we using Molten Shell, doesn't that mess up EE?
Last edited by Crutox on Jan 12, 2018, 9:41:02 AM
"
Aramil wrote:

What do you think?

I like em. You can stack a lot of increased damage, among other useful mods.

30% increased damage
28% while holding a shield
40% if killed recently

An extra socket, and movement speed is also quite nice, and open up some new possibilities. All that at the cost of about 250 max life is quite a good deal. I was concerned about losing unwavering stance and freeze immunity, but it turned out not to be a big issue. Berserker's Rite of Ruin seems to cover stun immunity quite well, and freezes just don't happen that often.

Unfortunately they cost a shit fuck ton. Not really gonna be an option for most people.
"
Crutox wrote:
Why are we using Molten Shell, doesn't that mess up EE?

It doesn't proc often, and when it does, it gets overwritten by Shield Charge quickly.
I know this question has been asked before but I'll ask again:

Would it be ok to go Chieftain instead of Zerk?

My reason is, I kinda have a potato computer, and the transitions between maps for me are kinda slow (like 10-20 sec) so often I find myself mobbed to death while the loading screen is still on. With warcry being a healing skill, I won't even have the chance to press the button, so instead I have to rely on massive regen and HP pool. (or I could go CI/ES, but it's REALLY expensive)

1) Can I level with this build and then switch to this one? Or would switching to chief in this build be ok (I'd rather have more survivability TBH)
2) Chieftain - would it be ok to take the second "life regen, fire dmg" node above Ngamahu instead of Arohongui? I think it'd be better to add more regen and fire dmg instead of wasting a node on totems. And, if I understand it correctly, picking Hinekora won't do anything since fire leech/pen doesn't apply to RF.

So I decided to start RF early and I'm currently able to outsustain the degen, but my damage seems lacklastur.

Is there other abilities, early jewels, or support skills that I should be using to fasten my clear speed?

My character is available to be viewed: MemechaelTheWarchief.
"
sqvirel wrote:

Chieftain is the worst ascendacy out of the three. If you want more passive regeneration and tankiness, go Jaggernaut.

Unrelating > Unyielding > Unbreakable

And grab "life regenerated per second per endurance charge" passive, it's next to "Stamina" (go through it). Everything else stays the same.

You'd be giving up a lot of damage and clear speed though. Also, if you take Warcry usage into consideration, then Berserker actually has better healing as well.

You should really invest in an SSD. It doesn't need to be big, just big enough for windows, programs and a few games. It's worth every penny. The loading times will be cut by a lot. I can't recommend it hard enough. It's like upgrading a rock to a rocket.

"
rhah wrote:
"
Aramil wrote:

What do you think?

I like em. You can stack a lot of increased damage, among other useful mods.

30% increased damage
28% while holding a shield
40% if killed recently

An extra socket, and movement speed is also quite nice, and open up some new possibilities. All that at the cost of about 250 max life is quite a good deal. I was concerned about losing unwavering stance and freeze immunity, but it turned out not to be a big issue. Berserker's Rite of Ruin seems to cover stun immunity quite well, and freezes just don't happen that often.

Unfortunately they cost a shit fuck ton. Not really gonna be an option for most people.

I'm currently using a defensive setup.. but yes, with the right abyss jewels you can get a lot of increased damage. Since they give me 30% ms, I replaced brightbeak with a nice rare karui sceptre. With 1.8 aps it is quite close to the speed of brighteak, while giving me 120% increased damage.
"There are worlds that lie beyond the edge of my page, the edge of my understanding. Worlds of wonder. Worlds of terror." Aramil - Cartographer to Emperor Chitus

2018 Fan Art Contest Top 20: view-thread/2186731 ||| 2014 T-Shirt Contest Winner: view-thread/759460 ||| "Lost Worlds" Div Card Creator
"
sqvirel wrote:
I know this question has been asked before but I'll ask again:

My reason is, I kinda have a potato computer, and the transitions between maps for me are kinda slow (like 10-20 sec) so often I find myself mobbed to death while the loading screen is still on. With warcry being a healing skill, I won't even have the chance to press the button, so instead I have to rely on massive regen and HP pool. (or I could go CI/ES, but it's REALLY expensive)

1) Can I level with this build and then switch to this one? Or would switching to chief in this build be ok (I'd rather have more survivability TBH)
2) Chieftain - would it be ok to take the second "life regen, fire dmg" node above Ngamahu instead of Arohongui? I think it'd be better to add more regen and fire dmg instead of wasting a node on totems. And, if I understand it correctly, picking Hinekora won't do anything since fire leech/pen doesn't apply to RF.

You can sustain pretty much everything with chieftain, tried both chieftain and zerk, the damage you get is barely noticable at maps lower than T 13-14. The clearspeed against trash mobs is about the same, they won't melt in half a second second, they will melt in 1 second........ This of course depends on your gear

The clearspeed against boss fights gets noticable, but still it's not life threatening. Chieftain offers the best passive playstlye in my opinion, either if you are lazy, want to do lazy lab runs over and over, or lower fast map runs, or just don't have a good enough pc. It offers much more survivability compared to zerker. Have not tried the jugger yet, but I will give that one a try as well, since it also give you more defense, more regen and is less punitive against mistakes.

In any case, I have done pretty much all the maps with chieftain, so you can safely play that if you wish, done red elder as well, died once because of a stupid mistake and I was still not that familiar with the elder fight, just know that towards end game content it will start to show it's weakness, as in the dps that you lose.

It's up to you, go chieftain or jugger, but you can rest assured that you will not lose out on anything, till about tier 13-14 maps. From then, after you get yourself decent enough gear, good survivability,go zerker and go for guardians, shaper, uber atziri and so on. Oh and yes Hinekora is a no, because leech like you said does not apply to RF.
Last edited by Nosferat on Jan 13, 2018, 11:15:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info