[3.0 HC/SC] The ORIGINAL Hybrid HoWA ST Raider [ALL CONTENT] [2:45 Shaper Run][Vids Included]

Hi mate, great built, I'm having big mana issues. Running now with 2 pots.
Any idea ? level 58 currently
Last edited by shALK3 on Sep 13, 2017, 4:59:47 PM
"
shALK3 wrote:

im always lvling with Thief's Torment, great lvling ring

later on u gonna have enough DPS to leech mana while attacking
Inva, back with another Ranger build, my man!! Thank you! After 3.0 my previous Frostblades Raider (thank you for that one!) was standing around with an empty passive tree, and lucky me I find this thread!

I put all the nodes in for HP/ES/Mom variant @ lvl 90, Esh'd myself some HOWAs and I'm excited. I didn't get in on the original HOWA hype so now I get to play with them finally!

Question, not really about this build. I know you roll a lot of ideas frequently. When you do that, do you ever "port over" good equipment from previous characters to your new theorycrafts or do you gear each of your babies from scratch? I'm not what you'd call a wealthy player by any stretch. Just curious how you do it. Do you build a cheap starter for the league and grind for money, how do you get such great gear consistently?

Thank you for all your work, I'm really looking forward to having fun with this one! My current goal is to get into red maps and at a point where I can grind comfortably there. And of course killing Uber Izzy, normal and Uber Atziri and eventually Shaper on my own one day. Have a stupendously great day, sir. Always wonderful to see your ideas!! TC!
/popcorn always, because people
"
"
shALK3 wrote:

Thanks! Will do that :)

One last thing, does enlighten support helps with how much mana reservation wrath takes? can I know the difference from level 3 to level 4 ? please.

Thanks
Last edited by shALK3 on Sep 13, 2017, 6:18:27 PM
"
shALK3 wrote:
"
"
shALK3 wrote:

Thanks! Will do that :)

One last thing, does enlighten support helps with how much mana reservation wrath takes? can I know the difference from level 3 to level 4 ? please.

Thanks

lvl 3 gives 92 mana multiplier
lvl 4 gives 88 mana multiplier

lets say u got 1500 mana

so lvl 3 + Wrath + HoT = 465 mana left
lvl 4 + Wrath + HoT = 510 mana left

but u don't rly need enlighteen unless u add empower, then lvl 3 enlighten would be nice
lvl 2 + Wrath + HoT + Empower = 150
lvl 3 + Wrath + HoT + Empower = 225
lvl 4 + Wrath + HoT + Empower = 270

https://poe.mikelat.com/ - aura reservation calculator
Last edited by Hejti on Sep 13, 2017, 7:13:23 PM
Thanks a lot Hejtero!

Can we add more Gem options?

Like for raiding and mapping.

Personally I'm kinda noob :D
"
deadamaranth wrote:
Inva, back with another Ranger build, my man!! Thank you! After 3.0 my previous Frostblades Raider (thank you for that one!) was standing around with an empty passive tree, and lucky me I find this thread!

I put all the nodes in for HP/ES/Mom variant @ lvl 90, Esh'd myself some HOWAs and I'm excited. I didn't get in on the original HOWA hype so now I get to play with them finally!

Question, not really about this build. I know you roll a lot of ideas frequently. When you do that, do you ever "port over" good equipment from previous characters to your new theorycrafts or do you gear each of your babies from scratch? I'm not what you'd call a wealthy player by any stretch. Just curious how you do it. Do you build a cheap starter for the league and grind for money, how do you get such great gear consistently?

Thank you for all your work, I'm really looking forward to having fun with this one! My current goal is to get into red maps and at a point where I can grind comfortably there. And of course killing Uber Izzy, normal and Uber Atziri and eventually Shaper on my own one day. Have a stupendously great day, sir. Always wonderful to see your ideas!! TC!

Hey, you're welcome! :)

If my new build can use the gear from the old build, I'll port over my old equipment to the new, otherwise I'll just sell whatever I can't use and use the currency from the sales to fund new characters.

I think I'm usually able to get great gear because I'm a seasoned min-maxer and know exactly what kind of mods I want on gear, and which piece to upgrade next. I've also played the game long enough to have a good idea of the market and know whether something I want is worth buying or if something is overpriced. The bulk of my currency is made by farming maps, farming shaper and selling il84 crafting bases. I also like to play efficient non-meta (but not necessarily weaker) builds because those are cheaper to gear up.

This league for instance - I initially wanted to remake my frost blades raider/pathfinder but changed my mind when I found out how popular it was. I instead played a self-cast crit dark pact zerker right from the start and was able to achieve great gear by week 2, having finished all content by the end of week 1. I cashed in around the middle of week 3 when dark pact's popularity exploded and sold off my gear for close to 150-200% profit to fund this char.

This HoWA character was geared up from scratch but it wasn't expensive or difficult to set up because there was abundance of supply and lack of demand so I had little competition for the gear I wanted. In fact, it cost me only around 8 ex (exalteds were 1 ex: 28 chaos at the time) and maybe 500 chaos or so to get my initial gear (shown in the second post).

I'm sure you'll be able to achieve your goals with HoWA! Thanks again! :)

"
shALK3 wrote:
Thanks a lot Hejtero!

Can we add more Gem options?

Like for raiding and mapping.

Personally I'm kinda noob :D

Hey, what kind of gem options do you mean? I tend to use the same gems for both mapping and killing bosses, if that's what you're wondering. That said, there are of course other options you can use while leveling depending on the colour of your sockets, such as Innervate, Added Lightning Damage, Onslaught, etc.

"
So i tried Guardians and Shaper on lvl 80

Minotaur was easy (life)
Phoenix - died once (extra dmg + life)
Hydra - died twice (but was ele weaknes and extra dmg + life)
Chimera - failed it (extra life, dmg and no regen, died twice becouse i run out of mana lol)

with normal mods its pretty easy

Shaper - i fucked up few times, but managed to kill him with 1 portal left

Gratz on killing Shaper while underleveled! Personally, I would recommend deactivating HoT if you're running a no regen map as that extra mana pool adds alot of QoL and ensures you don't run out of mana whirling around. Things will continue to get even better as your gear improves :)
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
I found a rare amulet on poe.trade but not sure if i should replace astramentis it only gives me like 5k more dps on slower proj and cost 3 EX

+20 to Strength and Intelligence
-----------------------------------------
+45 to Intelligence
+25% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
+54 to maximum Life
58% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
42% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills
craftedAdds 3 to 38 Lightning Damage to Attacks

"
I found a rare amulet on poe.trade but not sure if i should replace astramentis it only gives me like 5k more dps on slower proj and cost 3 EX

+20 to Strength and Intelligence
-----------------------------------------
+45 to Intelligence
+25% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
+54 to maximum Life
58% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
42% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills
craftedAdds 3 to 38 Lightning Damage to Attacks

it doesn't have res so it doesn't actually offer u anything extra in terms of gear flexibility so i personally wouldn't.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
I guess this is a dumb question, but I've never used the Vinktar flask. That increased damage is scary, but of course I guess the massive leech outweighs it?

I'm about to level my character now, so I can't test myself yet but how would you feel about going Wrath, AA, Enlighten 3 with MoM? Does that give more mitigation than just plain Wrath and MoM?

Oh, and I can't tell, what's the Charged Dash for?

Thanks again for your help and patience with questions ~
IGN- Vyvanne | Voxxvi (Tempest League)
Vyvanne's Odds and Bods Boutique - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1311497
Last edited by Vyvanne on Sep 14, 2017, 10:14:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info