[3.0 HC/SC] The ORIGINAL Hybrid HoWA ST Raider [ALL CONTENT] [2:45 Shaper Run][Vids Included]

"
Vyvanne wrote:
I guess this is a dumb question, but I've never used the Vinktar flask. That increased damage is scary, but of course I guess the massive leech outweighs it?

I'm about to level my character now, so I can't test myself yet but how would you feel about going Wrath, AA, Enlighten 3 with MoM? Does that give more mitigation than just plain Wrath and MoM?

Oh, and I can't tell, what's the Charged Dash for?

Thanks again for your help and patience with questions ~

With Avatar of the Veil (Raider Ascendancy) you are immune to status ailments, so you won't be shocked by Vinktars and so will not take extra damage.

I would actually use Wrath with Enlighten regardless for the extra eHP. I wouldn't use Arctic Armour as our fast attack speed and movement speed means that we are hardly ever stationary and will be constantly on the move.

Charged dash is just for extra mobility for traveling across terrains; you can use flame dash instead since its instant. I just prefer charged dash because flame dash has a maximum distance.

you're welcome!

edit: but yes, prior to taking avatar of the veil, I wouldn't use vinktars
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Last edited by Invalesco on Sep 14, 2017, 10:36:43 AM

Vaal a lot without success. Might just self cast the ele weakness on bosses, packs fall down anyway and +1 to wrath + herald of ice + lvl 3 empower is basically a lvl 4 empower or i am seeing it wrong?

It's a good alternative not? for now, and if anyone want to buy them there 1c on trade.
Last edited by roetetoet on Sep 14, 2017, 10:53:43 AM
"
roetetoet wrote:

Vaal a lot without success. Might just self cast the ele weakness on bosses, packs fall down anyway and +1 to wrath + herald of ice + lvl 3 empower is basically a lvl 4 empower or i am seeing it wrong?

ya you might as well use orb of storms - CoH - ele weakness on bosses (the bonus damage will be higher anyway coz of the higher leveled ele weakness).

If you have a level 21 wrath and a level 3 empower in those gloves its basically gonna be a level 25 wrath in the end (level 26 wrath if you have a level 4 empower socketed inside).
Build of the Week 14
A tip for everyone if you serious mana problems.
Put one point in Mana Leech from Spirit Void.
"
Invalesco wrote:

With Avatar of the Veil (Raider Ascendancy) you are immune to status ailments, so you won't be shocked by Vinktars and so will not take extra damage.

I would actually use Wrath with Enlighten regardless for the extra eHP. I wouldn't use Arctic Armour as our fast attack speed and movement speed means that we are hardly ever stationary and will be constantly on the move.

Charged dash is just for extra mobility for traveling across terrains; you can use flame dash instead since its instant. I just prefer charged dash because flame dash has a maximum distance.

you're welcome!

edit: but yes, prior to taking avatar of the veil, I wouldn't use vinktars

Oh, right ! This shows how much I play rangers, I think I've only done maybe one or two since beta in 2011 lol...

Gems purchased this morning and now counting down the hours at work to go home and try this out!
IGN- Vyvanne | Voxxvi (Tempest League)
Vyvanne's Odds and Bods Boutique - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1311497
I did start running with MF and clear is still great atm got Bisco, Ventor and Sadimas but i think i can add another Ventor and still have enough dmg (27k GMP Ho with golem and auras) (running with Headhunter so that helps a lot)
Hey nice build. Can't seem to get more hp i feel a bit squishy (hc) any tips? Currently 3,2k hp and 1.5k mana reserved. Damage and leech is very good though.
Was thinking of going down to all those 5% life nodes below "shaper" , not sure if it's worth it probably lose alot of dps.
"
Hey nice build. Can't seem to get more hp i feel a bit squishy (hc) any tips? Currently 3,2k hp and 1.5k mana reserved. Damage and leech is very good though.
Was thinking of going down to all those 5% life nodes below "shaper" , not sure if it's worth it probably lose alot of dps.

Hey, what's your level and gear like? you won't need all those 5% life nodes below shaper. Based on our pathing alone, even excluding the melding cluster, we can still grab at least 221% increased life from the tree alone, and that's excluding the extra %Life you can get from jewels.

This image below shows the relevant HP clusters. You can always choose to give up some DPS for more life nodes for now KIV respec later on.

Build of the Week 14
I theory crafting a build very similar to this for HC, but eventually I came to the conclusion of having the split life / es is pretty pointless for the most part, especially when you can just focus on the life aspect and get much higher values. Not only that but you don't always have full ES, where as you would always have full life and you don't have instant leech on the ES.

All in all I think it's a really fun gimmick using Soul Teather, but at the end of the day I think you'd just be better off using a well rolled rare or a Belt of the Deceiver for more damage.
On a 5L, is lightning pen better than damage on full life even with way less tooltip DPS?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info