[3.0 HC/SC] The ORIGINAL Hybrid HoWA ST Raider [ALL CONTENT] [2:45 Shaper Run][Vids Included]

"
UndertheGun wrote:
I have tried each of them once and each time it felt like my dps was really low. My spectral throw also seemed really short compared to the videos you made of the build with the slower projectile.

Your hideout GMP DPS is about 25k, which is just slightly short of my first guardian video when my hideout GMP DPS was 29k.

https://youtu.be/7EPiipjrG7M

Getting the added lightning damage enchant on your boots will help alot with your guardian kills.

Additionally, if your main goal is to kill the guardians, you may want to grab point blank to help with that.

With regards to your spectral throw distance being really short compared to my videos - that's primarily because I have the 30% ST decel enchant which increases the distance travelled. Another option for increasing your ST distance is to get a helm with the faster ST proj speed enchant.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader

Hi, i have finally found one :D do you think its better to craft with Essence of spite or Alteration ?
"
Kisame88 wrote:

Hi, i have finally found one :D do you think its better to craft with Essence of spite or Alteration ?

Gratz! I think its better to craft with essences of spite, at least at the current prices. Shrieking essences are good enough.
Build of the Week 14
"
Invalesco wrote:
"
Kisame88 wrote:

Gratz! I think its better to craft with essences of spite, at least at the current prices. Shrieking essences are good enough.

I have try with the Deafening but it cost a lot ( 2 exalted of that and really nothing good), so yeah i'm going to try with the Shrieking now thanks :)
"
Invalesco wrote:

I think the best option at this point would be to save up for a good chest, then you can upgrade the rest of your gear accordingly. The danger is that if you spend alot to upgrade your other pieces of gear before your chest, you might find it difficult to cap your res when you do eventually upgrade your chest. If you're quite happy with your chest though then the next thing to upgrade would be your boots (try to get more INT on them), followed by your rings.

what should i look for on the next chest?
I thought this one is pretty decent.
Is it the missing energy shield?
"
Morta1 wrote:
"
Invalesco wrote:

I think the best option at this point would be to save up for a good chest, then you can upgrade the rest of your gear accordingly. The danger is that if you spend alot to upgrade your other pieces of gear before your chest, you might find it difficult to cap your res when you do eventually upgrade your chest. If you're quite happy with your chest though then the next thing to upgrade would be your boots (try to get more INT on them), followed by your rings.

what should i look for on the next chest?
I thought this one is pretty decent.
Is it the missing energy shield?

Your current chest is pretty decent offensive-wise. Ya its the missing energy shield - if that doesn't bother you then don't worry about it, move on and upgrade your boots.
Build of the Week 14
73 :D HHC ,having some fun running lower map.

You said st deceleration gives faster distance,i thought it only made the proj go slower?

I am using st speed
for the map clear but for some odd reason i feel its kinda meh. It goes way too far and having only 13k dps makes it a pain for rare. I didnt even try boss cause,im running beach only and dont wanna bother with freeze.

So deceleration give distance but allows you to hit twice cause slower speed? I have never ever played st and im trying to figure out a balance between going full boss and map clear. My endgoal is shaper but this wont happen anytime soon on this one.
"
Deadbringer wrote:
73 :D HHC ,having some fun running lower map.

You said st deceleration gives faster distance,i thought it only made the proj go slower?

I am using st speed
for the map clear but for some odd reason i feel its kinda meh. It goes way too far and having only 13k dps makes it a pain for rare. I didnt even try boss cause,im running beach only and dont wanna bother with freeze.

So deceleration give distance but allows you to hit twice cause slower speed? I have never ever played st and im trying to figure out a balance between going full boss and map clear. My endgoal is shaper but this wont happen anytime soon on this one.

ST projectiles stop traveling, i.e. reach the end of their trajectory when they reach 0 velocity. So in that sense, slower deceleration will allow it to travel further.

Lets look at this way:

Car A starts off at 100 km/h and applies brakes, decelerating at a rate of 4000 m/s2
Car B also starts off at 100 km/h and applies brakes gently, decelerating slower at a rate of 3000 m/s2

Which car will travel further? It will be Car B, because it took longer to brake fully and reach 0 velocity.

The same logic applies to ST as well in that sense.

ST projectiles when linked with slower projectiles can usually hit enemies around 3-4 times without the ST deceleration enchant. With the ST deceleration enchant, it can hit enemies up to 4-5 times, so thats approximately 25% more damage in that sense.

Without slower projectiles linked, ST will likely only be able to hit up to 3 times near the end of the trajectory.

The reason you feel its kinda meh with the faster proj enchant is likely because your DPS isn't yet high enough to one shot mobs. Once it gets high enough, you'll find that your clear speed is indeed improved by the faster proj enchant because what the enchant does is to reduce the time delay between your shooting off the projectile and it hitting the monster, and reduction in delay = faster clearing, assuming your DPS is high enough to not have to wait for the projectile to return. You'll also be able to offscreen mobs with the longer distance travelled by your ST projectile.
Build of the Week 14
Very informative. Thanks. So gonna get some more deeps node,fix my trash rings for more deeps and hope for the best.

Do people craft opal rings spamming alt/regal/ex or just alc/scour or like/essence of spite and pray(7c a pop)

Have a 20ex budget but everything i bought need to be rolls correctly. everything has what it needs but everything has crappy rolls.

Spoiler

amulet is just a filler,i wanted to try and use bisco but getting the right resist made it impossible.Theres literally 0 descent opal rings. One was 8ex but thats like 600scour/alc ,and my mind tell me i can probably do better by myself. Everything else would need more life and resist. One of the claw could be better.

Only 4 jewel slot so far ,2dex to int and the other two are like 6life/3as/int 10damage/9dex and int/8AS claw.
Last edited by Deadbringer on Oct 11, 2017, 6:25:33 PM
"
Deadbringer wrote:
Very informative. Thanks. So gonna get some more deeps node,fix my trash rings for more deeps and hope for the best.

Do people craft opal rings spamming alt/regal/ex or just alc/scour or like/essence of spite and pray(7c a pop)

Have a 20ex budget but everything i bought need to be rolls correctly. everything has what it needs but everything has crappy rolls.

Spoiler

amulet is just a filler,i wanted to try and use bisco but getting the right resist made it impossible.Theres literally 0 descent opal rings. One was 8ex but thats like 600scour/alc ,and my mind tell me i can probably do better by myself. Everything else would need more life and resist. One of the claw could be better.

Only 4 jewel slot so far ,2dex to int and the other two are like 6life/3as/int 10damage/9dex and int/8AS claw.

You're welcome!

Its probably going to be less of an issue of lack currency and more an issue of availability of gear. Personally I would aim to upgrade your chest first then take things from there. That would make balancing res much easier. The last thing you want is to spend alot on crafting a ring etc, having a GG chest pop up on trade and then realising that your resistances are not capped.

Don't worry too much about using Deafening essences of Spite for your Opal rings. Shrieking essences are decent enough. Those should be cheaper than 7c a pop.

You can use jewels with res as placeholders for now until the rest of your gear is upgraded to your satisfaction. That is what I tend to do so as not to brick my character, and also to ensure that I can keep farming until the right gear pops up.
Build of the Week 14

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info