Elemental Equilibrium

I'm trying to figure out how this keystone works. Say I'm using doublestrike with a sword and shield. the sword has all 3 elemental damage types. What happens?

EDIT: aww I'm bummed. This doesn't work with three elements all at the same time :( I thought it would choose the resistances to buff and nerf randomly in that case.
Last edited by vvolf on Nov 7, 2013, 11:19:45 PM
I recently returned to the game to find out Wrath has gone from a flat reservation to a percentage reservation based aura.

My previous hardcore toon was a EA Marauder that took advantage of EE. I would run a level 1 wrath aura with zero +x_x damage mods on my gear. My rotation was close to the following:

1. Curse Flammability
2. Stack 5 fuses with Quill Rain
3. Spam Split Arrow+LMP+Chain Link to spread lightning damage across enemy packs and proc EE for the negative fire resistance.
4. Watch em burn!

For some reason in my excel notes I put that the build was crucial to not have any +x_x damage mods on gear. This doesn't seem right to me.

What negative impact will I receive if I run any form of +x_x cold/lightning damage on gear and still get the EE proc when I spam my split arrow? The alternative would be linking Added Lighnting Damage to my Split Arrow for the same result correct? Is one of these options better than the other in terms of maximizing the chance the EE proc will spread through the LMP/Chain link? Is there a downside? Obviously I lose a link if I use the ALD gem but in terms of getting the EE proc on as many mobs as possible is it worth it?

It seems to me that my previous notes should have read: "it is crucial to not have any +x_x fire damage mods on gear"
Last edited by jdweber1982 on Nov 13, 2013, 4:55:16 PM
Everything expect +fire damage on gear is total fine on a EA Char (Play one myself)

Some +cold and/or +light on any ring/quiver/... item is enough to trigger EE on every hit - just like warth aura did. Dont waste a gem slot on Split to get the same result (Split/Blind/LGoH/Chain works fine!)

"it is crucial to not have any +x_x fire damage mods on gear"
True!

I deal a dramatic 7-16 light and 3-5 cold damage on my quill and thats good enough to trigger EE with "vulnerable to fire damage" on every hit.
Last edited by return33 on Nov 14, 2013, 4:18:45 AM
Yeah, 1 point of elemental damage triggers EE just as good as 1k damage.

I did make some suggestions to change that, something in the vein of 'only a portion of followup spell equal to previous elemental damage done gets the bonus', you know, something to make us truly alternate elements instead of this.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Suggestion :
Elemental Equilibrium
+5% chance to Chilling/Freeze/Burn/Shock
Freeze Enemy : -50% lightning resistance, immu to freeze/chill
Shock Enemy : -50% fire resistance, immu to shock
Burn Enemy : -50% ice resistance, immu to burn
Enemy cant be (chill/free) / shock / burn at same time, new elemental status will remove old status.
Last edited by lightmoon on Nov 14, 2013, 4:46:32 AM
Why are you both so addicted to nerf a keystone to obvilion that isnt that popular anyway?

Leave EE alone it works fine !
Oh, it does but we're using it wrong, not that it's a big problem by itself but it kinda sits bad with me. If it worked the way I suggested it would be more fiddly but they could boost its effect to be really worth it. Well, it's supposed to be niche and fiddly.

Things that do not do what they're supposed to tend to offend my tender sensibilities. I'm similarly offended by IR getting no dex bonus and being taken by armor users as a free boost, but what can you do.

Last edited by raics on Nov 14, 2013, 6:19:33 AM
I use ice/light to make enemies vulnerable to fire.

Thats exactly the idea of the keystone isnt it? Use element X to get a better result with element Y while making X weaker. This way you have to change the element used on every attack.

Thats what i do? I change the element im using.

And if you change it to another way - what build would use it? The only builds that run that now are EA / Split or EA / LA builds.... its very niche now!
Precisely! It's most popular for that build because it's not fiddly, stack fuses and spam your debuff skill of choice until it blows. The only fiddly thing about it is avoiding fire on your attacks.

Anyone using it in full two-elemental spell setup? Not really. Even those that use it with spells are going one element + debuff totem, often with purely symbolic damage output and high fire rate and coverage.

"
return33 wrote:
I use ice/light to make enemies vulnerable to fire.

Thats exactly the idea of the keystone isnt it? Use element X to get a better result with element Y while making X weaker. This way you have to change the element used on every attack.

Thats what i do? I change the element im using.

And if you change it to another way - what build would use it? The only builds that run that now are EA / Split or EA / LA builds.... its very niche now!

If i dont want to use 2 elemental ?
Throws 2 shock totem then pump all passive to ice node.
Do i need change the element used on every attack ? No, i just spam 1 elemental then let totem do another dmg, even the totem deals 1 damage. 1 elemental EE build still work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info