Elemental Equilibrium

So from what I've read in this thread I assume that totems can trigger my EE. Is that correct?

Also if I do elemental damage that is 0 does it still trigger EE?
Totems use Skills as if you were using them; everything that applies to your hits, applies to their.

Zero damage is no damage, and no damage has no element or type.
(it does count as a Hit, triggering Culling and Blind, but it's still no damage)
well technically it's not impossible to program it so that 0 dmg is technically elemental dmg that just does 0 dmg. Just making sure since I don't know about the intricacies of it.
Last edited by ighnaz on Jun 26, 2013, 12:56:03 PM
"
ighnaz wrote:
If you deal 0 elemental damage, then you didn't deal elemental damage
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
ighnaz wrote:
If you deal 0 elemental damage, then you didn't deal elemental damage

On a related note, is it possible for monster resistances to bring a non-zero amount of damage to 0?

As an example: I have Elemental Equilibrium, and with the 50% Less Damage modifier on my Quill Rain, I deal a piddly 1-2 cold damage on hit. If I run into a monster with, say, 75% cold resist, and roll only 1 cold damage, would the resulting 0.25 damage be rounded down to 0 or rounded up to 1? The answer will make a fairly large difference when EE is taken into account.
IGN: RadiantSolaris
1 damage to 75% resistance will not deal damage.
Mark, does 0.5 round down, or up?
I'm assuming 0.49 rounds down and 0.51 rounds up.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Integer division - decimals in the final value are ignored, effectively always rounding down.
I'd like it if taking EE meant I wasn't able to gain elemental damage auras from teammates. Yeah it'd be a nerf but on the other hand if I'm fighting something and someone else comes in to try and help, even with my insane attack speed that often lets me deal out EE in groups, I can't trigger it thanks to their aura.

Or, the much nicer sounding suggestion on page 1 of only applying the highest damage element, or at least ignoring elements that did an incredibly small amount of damage in comparison to the main one.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
One big problem I have with this Keystone is the fact that it applies instantly, effectively reducing the effectiveness of it when used with spells like Fireball or Arctic Breath. LMP Fireball or Arctic Breath used with EE reduces the damage dealt by the spells individually, because of the AoE explosions and seperate hit times of the projectiles.

A quick solution to this would be to introduce a very short delay (200ms-500ms) between hitting something and applying the debuff. This would make EE a lot more attractive and useable.

I'd appreciate any developer input on this.
Last edited by Kuhni on Jul 11, 2013, 1:01:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info