Elemental Equilibrium

"
manaa3 wrote:
hi,
If i anderstand, the gameplay is to have 2 spells with differents elements and to alternate them.

Am i right ?

yes. good combination is for instance spark totem + fireball (shock + burn), arctic breath totem + arc (freeze + shock) ....
you can also use this nodes for elemental builds with traps, pick 2 elements, and alternate between the 2 trap types, ur essentially always getting 50% more dmg that way, and elemental weakness also goes hand in hand with it.

just putting this out there because not many ppl are using traps and mines, less no damage LA users and more real damage builds (1/15 LA users actually deal decent damage in a group of 6)
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629
Did they ever put in a minimal damage threshold to trigger the debuff? In other words, can spells with low damage such as Frost Wall apply EE?
"
sushicide wrote:
Did they ever put in a minimal damage threshold to trigger the debuff? In other words, can spells with low damage such as Frost Wall apply EE?

The minimum threshold is 1 damage.
(ie. Ancestral Bond breaks it)
any suggestions for a decent fireaoe to start the fight with? fire traps with inc aoe? fireball with inc aoe + l/gmp + faster cast? tried firestorm so far which kinda sucked.

i just care about hitting enough mobs not the actual damage so its just for trigger purposes.

IGN: Doenertier // Timezone: GMT+1 (Germany)
Just want introduce or support the idea of disabling ally buffs (e.g. anger/wrath... or just all of them).

I have a 81 explosive arrow EE Marauder, and I'm a little bored of soloing with him.
Using an orb of regret to remove the keystone is an option, but I do want to utilize the -50% res..
Asking everyone to turn of anger is an option, but that just lowers the overall dps, and i'd probably need to be the group leader or be in an organized team to get it done.

Implementing this on/off switch should not be too hard to code, but then again...what do I know?

Hope this get's considered :)
Cheers.
ign: Dissoizi
"
dissonancell wrote:
Just want introduce or support the idea of disabling ally buffs (e.g. anger/wrath... or just all of them).

I have a 81 explosive arrow EE Marauder, and I'm a little bored of soloing with him.
Using an orb of regret to remove the keystone is an option, but I do want to utilize the -50% res..
Asking everyone to turn of anger is an option, but that just lowers the overall dps, and i'd probably need to be the group leader or be in an organized team to get it done.

Implementing this on/off switch should not be too hard to code, but then again...what do I know?

Hope this get's considered :)
Cheers.

Picking up a cold snap + increase AoE + faster castinbg might be a good way to squeeze in a EE flip between loading mobs with fuse charges and the fuse charges exploding, if the option to disable others' anger aura et al never becomes a thing.
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on May 15, 2013, 11:58:17 AM
1 Question:

Does "ignited" enemies (that are burning currently), re-apply Elemental Equilibrium and as such are getting 25% Fire resist while they burn, or they need to be hit with spell/skill for EE to get trigered? If not, then i can assume that they will burn for MORE damage if EE is not reapplied by burning, if i hit them for any other element spell.

1 Suggestion:

Elemental Equilibrium as it is now, is weaker then Elemental Weakness Curse. Needs a SLIGHT buff such as 75% lose resistances, and +50% gained. Something along those lines would do better in my opinion. And would Drastically change game play, as keystones should do.

Cheers for the best developer team, and best game so far out there!!
ivanGrozni
"I prefer to be outnumbered and outgunned. That way, the odds are even.."
I am curious. Lets say i got Freezing Pulse, Lesser Multi Shot and Elemental Equilibrium. Now I hit a mob with all 3 projectiles simultaneously.

Will the mob now get
a) full damage from one projectile and additional resistance against the other two
or b) full damage from all projectiles?

So is this counted as one source of damage? (this would also be interesting for the freezing duration calculation)
Every projectile is a separate hit. This will always be the case, because two hits cannot land simultaneously; they are always applied in order.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info