Elemental Equilibrium

If I hit a group with Power Siphon while using
(all three ele dmg at the same time) would that boost all three resistances by 25% or randomly boost one for 25% and lower other two for 50%?
IGN: Boyan
"
Boyan wrote:
(all three ele dmg at the same time) would that boost all three resistances by 25% or randomly boost one for 25% and lower other two for 50%?

It will boost all elemental resistances of the target by +25%. Only the elements not present in the hit get -50% resistance.
I use it on my cast on crit Fireball + Arctic Breath.
It's pretty strong.

My tree :

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABX0FtQXTCGcOSBGWFr8X2BmiHNwelCQ8JpUnqSj6LagwcTGeMgk1kjgbOkI64TsoQYdGcUlRSshLeEwyTeNQQlVLVupaUlptXfJe-mHiYqxsRm17bqpwUnBWcNVybH_GgseDCYfbiEKI8YqvjDaQG5MnmK2aE5tdnaOdqqIuplenNKdcqJqpbqw_rFmxkLQMtUi18rc-t9bAUcHFxqLN6tA51CPWndtZ29TcV92o3vbkCOdj53To1vId8kXyl_Pq-ej8q_4K_o8=

"
Ezhiel wrote:
"
Boyan wrote:

It will boost all elemental resistances of the target by +25%. Only the elements not present in the hit get -50% resistance.

That's entirely not true.
If a single attack/spell has one or two elements present, EE grants +25 to those present, and -50 to those not present.
If a single attack/spell has all three elements present, then EE does nothing; each of the three elements essentially cancel each other out.

Even though the math doesn't add up, as written is should grant +25-50/+25-50/+25-50, or -25 each. But, as far as I can remember, there has always "hidden" condition for when all all three elements are present, as it's every easy to stack all three damage types on an attack, and a keystone would then essentially be a free -25 all res with no downside.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
CanHasPants wrote:

That's entirely not true.
If a single attack/spell has one or two elements present, EE grants +25 to those present, and -50 to those not present.
If a single attack/spell has all three elements present, then EE does nothing; each of the three elements essentially cancel each other out.

This hasn't been the case since the start of Open Beta when EE was changed to its current state. Hits dealing all three elements will overwrite other equilibrium effects, increasing all elemental resists by 25%.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Darkfyre wrote:
or like this:
+25% fire
+25% cold
+25% lightning

for a total of: +25% fire, cold, lightning??
With the new way it works since Open beta, this one.
You dealt Fire, Cold and Lightning damage, so those types get +25% resistance.
There are no types of elemental damage that you didn't deal, so no types get -50%

You never need to add things up for different types, you just need to know which types you did deal with that hit, and which types you did not, and apply either a +25 or -50% respectively.
"
CanHasPants wrote:
as written is should grant +25-50/+25-50/+25-50, or -25 each.

Re-read Equilibrium. It quite clearly says monsters would gain +25/+25/+25. As Zoid mentioned, that is also what actually happens nowadays.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
CanHasPants wrote:
as written is should grant +25-50/+25-50/+25-50, or -25 each.

Re-read Equilibrium. It quite clearly says monsters would gain +25/+25/+25. As Zoid mentioned, that is also what actually happens nowadays.

Ah yeah.. I should really look this shit up before I post. I have this really bad habit of forgetting updated mechanics, even though they've been that way for quite a while now.. Not the first time I've done that either!
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Excuse my ignorance, I just want something quick cleared up:
The elemental resistance increase and decrease the mob suffers matters for every other player, right? You can screw over a group by doing all three types with EE, right? It doesn't just effect your damage, but the damage of everyone else as well?

Me and some friends are considering running a group of 4 people focusing on fire damage, and 1 guy switching between lightning and cold damage using EE.

This would leave the mobs with a constant -50% resist to fire for the rest of the group, right?

Thanks for your time.
"
Dryvnt wrote:
Excuse my ignorance, I just want something quick cleared up:
The elemental resistance increase and decrease the mob suffers matters for every other player, right? You can screw over a group by doing all three types with EE, right? It doesn't just effect your damage, but the damage of everyone else as well?

Me and some friends are considering running a group of 4 people focusing on fire damage, and 1 guy switching between lightning and cold damage using EE.

This would leave the mobs with a constant -50% resist to fire for the rest of the group, right?

Thanks for your time.

Yes, it affects other party members and yes to your planned scenario (assuming the lightning/cold guy is the only one who selected the EE keystone).
I don't know if this has been asked before.

Would EE proc if a char with ancestral bound cast a spell manualy at enemies?
also...
Would ALL totems proc EE or would only spell totem proc it?
Last edited by Herbalman on Jul 10, 2014, 6:39:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info