[3.0] Wand’s Guide to Wanding – Comprehensive Overview of Wanders

"
sebasm wrote:
Hey guys, having a LOT of fun with this build! What shall I improve next? Any feedback on my passive tree?

Cheers!

For your tree, you waste quite a few points going up the right side for pierce / life nodes. You don't need the extra damage from dropping pierce on KB, you have more than enough using the pierce gem. Then at that point, no reason to take the life.

For your gear, get uber lab lightning damage on your boots. You have no life on your Opal, and no damage mods on your other ring. Lightning pen is more damage than Added Cold in barrage. 2 of your jewels are bad, try and get 3 mod jewels at least for those slots. Since you're playing as Ascendant Raider, you don't need Onslaught linked to HoI, you have 100% up-time on Onslaught because of your ascendancy.
IGN: Desreien / Wand / Science
#1 Wander Guide: 1979794
- check in PoB if +1 frenzy corruption on boots is maybe worth it

- spec out of pierce. Thats a lot of points when even 4-link KB clears everything, nevermind a pseudo-sixlink.
- path to cruel preparation or the duelist life nodes over revenge of the hunted,there are a lot of juicy damage nodes on the way

- rare helm with +2 barrage and rare amulet for max boss dps

Also p. sure you can improve your barrage dps by using supports outlined in the guide (coloring is probably a pain though )

Last edited by vtepezh on Sep 14, 2017, 10:57:55 AM
doublepost
Last edited by vtepezh on Sep 14, 2017, 10:21:51 AM
Thanks for the tips, guys!

The Barrage added cold is a leftover from Piscator's. I can Vorici the node colors to get a lightning pen in without breaking the 6link, right? :s

What to swap Onslaught with for the HoI link?
~ Comfortably Numb
"
sebasm wrote:
Thanks for the tips, guys!

The Barrage added cold is a leftover from Piscator's. I can Vorici the node colors to get a lightning pen in without breaking the 6link, right? :s

What to swap Onslaught with for the HoI link?

Yes, if you use Vorici 1B it will be an average of 437 chromes for 3B2G1R.

Nothing you can really drop Onslaught for, but it does open up another slot for something else. Up to you.
IGN: Desreien / Wand / Science
#1 Wander Guide: 1979794
Fixed my tree and gems, added Culling Strike to HoI and seems pretty good actually. Thanks guys, very noticeable improvement!
~ Comfortably Numb
Would call of the brotherhood be a good ring while levelling or would the 40% light to cold damage the setup?

Thanks for great guide.
Last edited by DonQuixotic on Sep 15, 2017, 12:12:02 PM
love the way to clear maps on this build but i have hard times with bosses

my gear:

what to upgrade first to become stronger guys
question to pose: what is your experience slotting in one or two Volley Fire jewels?
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
"
Daresso wrote:
question to pose: what is your experience slotting in one or two Volley Fire jewels?

No experience.
But you aren't getting the extra proj on your single target.
And barrage with 1-2 side projectiles conored to -maybe- the best AoE clearing skill in the game...
Not even mentioning the loss of jewel sockets.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info