Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.0] Wand’s Guide to Wanding – Comprehensive Overview of Wanders

"
vtepezh wrote:
"
coaa wrote:

Nah doesn't take that much at all. I bought my current wander wand for 50c and its around 20k tooltip above piscator. POB showing it way more over.

Basically you want the T1 lightning (essence craft), T1-2 crit and a spot for attack speed. This alone will almost always beat out piscator's and get even higher if your gear is good. Add in more elementas, WED etc and it just gets better and better.

Buy some essence of wrath, slap on some 84+ imbudes and in worst case you can lock prefix, scour off all but lightning dmg then dual craft crit, att speed, another element, wed etc and it'll beat it.

Well, i've played around in PoB with this example wand, which is what you'd expect to essence-craft/buy for a couple exalts (correct me if i'm wrong):

When i PoB-simulate dps of this on my build (raider) with barrage/all projectiles/max frenzies/all flasks up its within 1-2% compared to ok-ish rolled piscators, except piscators has that juicy ele pen.

I use this example (would be arguably p. expensive)

and barely get 10% dps increase over piscators

I guess it does really depend on ascendancy/gear?

Im using

got 3.4 Million Dps

and with a Perfect rolled Piscators just 3.3 and the rare wand is just about 20-30c

here is the PoB code

https://pastebin.com/Acu50SRa

Last edited by Tobinator on Sep 13, 2017, 8:43:58 AM
"
Tobinator wrote:
"
vtepezh wrote:
"
coaa wrote:

Nah doesn't take that much at all. I bought my current wander wand for 50c and its around 20k tooltip above piscator. POB showing it way more over.

Basically you want the T1 lightning (essence craft), T1-2 crit and a spot for attack speed. This alone will almost always beat out piscator's and get even higher if your gear is good. Add in more elementas, WED etc and it just gets better and better.

Buy some essence of wrath, slap on some 84+ imbudes and in worst case you can lock prefix, scour off all but lightning dmg then dual craft crit, att speed, another element, wed etc and it'll beat it.

Well, i've played around in PoB with this example wand, which is what you'd expect to essence-craft/buy for a couple exalts (correct me if i'm wrong):

When i PoB-simulate dps of this on my build (raider) with barrage/all projectiles/max frenzies/all flasks up its within 1-2% compared to ok-ish rolled piscators, except piscators has that juicy ele pen.

I use this example (would be arguably p. expensive)

and barely get 10% dps increase over piscators

I guess it does really depend on ascendancy/gear?

Im using

got 3.4 Million Dps

and with a Perfect rolled Piscators just 3.3 and the rare wand is just about 20-30c

here is the PoB code

https://pastebin.com/Acu50SRa

Interesting, I looked a bit into it (not too deeply).

The dps in the pastebin looked confusing too me, a bit conditional buffs are activated (onslaught, vaal haste, power charges, 3 auras with >100% mana reservation, the legacy "shocked" setting, not killed recently..)

I toned down some things a bit and came to 2.3mill shaper dps with imbued and 2.2 with piscator's. Somewhat surprising to me, I have to say, and probably a consequence of WO. Even with lvl 24 wrath (empower4-enlighten4-lvl 21 wrath) your wand seems to perform 3% over the perfect piscators.

With the perfect piscators being easily 200c+ it's safe to say that the piscator's + lycosidae combo isn't worth it for the endgame, and those who are planning to use the shield all the way through should swap to a rare wand as soon as possible.
Last edited by juerk on Sep 13, 2017, 9:23:37 AM
"
juerk wrote:

I toned down some things a bit and came to 2.3mill shaper dps with imbued and 2.2 with piscator's.

I see 1.78mil vs 1.72mil perfect piscators with my settings.

What i'm saying is that throwing multiple exalts at a rare wand is probably not worth it before
you've got dying sun/vinktars +2 barrage helm and at least decent gear everywhere else.
Last edited by vtepezh on Sep 13, 2017, 9:53:11 AM
"
vtepezh wrote:
"
juerk wrote:

I toned down some things a bit and came to 2.3mill shaper dps with imbued and 2.2 with piscator's.

I see 1.78mil vs 1.72mil perfect piscators with my settings.

What i'm saying is that throwing multiple exalts at a rare wand is probably not worth it before
you've got dying sun/vinktars +2 barrage helm and at least decent gear everywhere else.

yes but his wand didn't cost him multiple exalts. It was way cheaper than perfect piscators and still gives more dmg (for his particular setup with lycosidae).

I would never recommend to use his wand over perfect piscator's with a rare shield or esh's mirror.

I have yet to check various PoB settings for possible switches (T1 light T2-T3 fire or cold multimodded, T1 light-T1 cold/fire multimodded, single T1 lightning multimodded) and to estimate how easily those bases can be crafted/bought.
"
vtepezh wrote:
Probably bottom roll Piscators?
I'm p. sure you need a 20ex+ wand to see significant dps increase over a decently rolled Piscators, may obv. depend on your particular gear and ascendancy choice.

Just plug it into PoB, also Piscators has that 5% ele pen, which is p. much a 5% more multiplier.

Ok, I see the confusion now. Yes a PERFECT piscators (I consider perfect not only top rolls, but also culling vaal), is very very hard to beat without a wand that is legit 15+ex. The problem is a perfect rolled non culling piscators is over 200c right now, culling way more. With my 50c wand i'm still showing around 18% above a mid rolled piscators and almost 3% UNDER a perfect piscators non culling and even more under a culling. But then at that point in price, I minus well still not go for the culling piscators and invest in a crazy imbued that'll still pull ahead.

A whatever piscators is great for starting a wander, but imbued is gonna keep up and surpass it pretty quick unless you got a perfect one / insane culling one already.

At the end of the day if your budget is tight, 84 imbued, wrath it. Crap rolls? Lock prefix, scour, mastercraft it to almost perfection. Although this method is actually getting way more expensive as exalts are starting to raise in price significantly. At the start of the league I would do this 100% of the time but now that perfect piscators non culling are looking far more ideal.
Last edited by coaa on Sep 13, 2017, 10:28:14 AM

What would you recommend on upgrading Gear? I'll get a +2 Barrage Helmet next and switch one ring and wait for more 4 stat jewels.
Do you see a huge upgrade? All dps boosting Gems are lv21
Greetings
"
avenuee wrote:

What would you recommend on upgrading Gear? I'll get a +2 Barrage Helmet next and switch one ring and wait for more 4 stat jewels.
Greetings

Show off :P.

I guess you could at this point go for the mirror wand. Has 3 T1 elemental rolls T1 crit with crafted att speed.
Wasn't intended to be a "show off" sorry about that.

I want to boost my DPS as much as i can to have smooth and fast T16 fights. Need +2 Barrage helmet for that for sure, thanks for responding
"
avenuee wrote:

Greetings

At this point; +2 barrage helm, 21/20 HoI, 4 mod jewels, get a rare amulet / belt for shaper. After that, probably just a GG wand.

EDIT: You don't have the Frenzy charges on your tree, get those
IGN: Desreien / Wand / Science
#1 Wander Guide: 1979794
Last edited by Science on Sep 13, 2017, 3:08:03 PM
if his wand is not GG then what is ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info