[3.0] Wand’s Guide to Wanding – Comprehensive Overview of Wanders

"
habkor wrote:
Nice overview.

Two further suggestions:

(1) Atziri's Step is a good alternative for the boots slot, especially when using Queen of the Forest and speccing into Phase Acrobatics. It's also budget friendly and can be bought with enchant.

(2) Greater Multiple Projectiles tends to outperform Slower Projectiles when not using Dying Sun.

Thanks for reminding me to add Atziri's Step as an option. Was planning on it but forgot.
As for GMP, you are correct.
I've added GMP as an option instead of slower projectiles, and added Atziri's Step also.

"
habkor wrote:

Other than that, do you have any opinion on using Duelist/Champion as class/ascendancy? The position on the tree is quite good, the ascendancy provides nice bonuses to damage and evasion, and permanent Fortify should greatly enhance survivability with the typically limited life pool of life wander builds.

I did a little bit of testing on PoB with Champion. Using a QotF in and starting with my Deadeye tree, it actually looks decent on paper. 2.424m DPS vs Shaper, 5.5k life, and 168% MS with Onslaught up. I'd have to test it ingame, but it might be an option.
IGN: Desreien / Wand / Science
#1 Wander Guide: 1979794
How's Yriel's Fostering when compared to QoTf? Worth replacing?
"
JoopO wrote:
How's Yriel's Fostering when compared to QoTf? Worth replacing?

You need 18k evasion for QotF to match Yriel's Fostering in MS. Only really worth of PF because of all the flask effectiveness you get with Jade flask up.
Have you played around with PoB for Scion Elementalist/Raider. I've been playing with a few builds and hesitating on what to go for and I really love Raider's free frenzy charges. I figured 100% uptime on 5-6 frenzy would offset the 1 proj from Deadeye, no? Wouldn't need onslaught in HoI anymore so maybe something else to include in there, like innervate if it still works on the ice explosions, or just put Vaal Haste with CWDT if HoI doesn't use 4 sockets.

I'm doing all my tests with the crap gear available to me so I'm curious what an actual endgame geared char would look like.
Looks fantastic I'm bout to try it out. Wondering how well Raider deals with ele reflect though. Probably avoid ele reflect maps for sure but everything else is safe?
"
Namcap wrote:
Have you played around with PoB for Scion Elementalist/Raider. I've been playing with a few builds and hesitating on what to go for and I really love Raider's free frenzy charges. I figured 100% uptime on 5-6 frenzy would offset the 1 proj from Deadeye, no? Wouldn't need onslaught in HoI anymore so maybe something else to include in there, like innervate if it still works on the ice explosions, or just put Vaal Haste with CWDT if HoI doesn't use 4 sockets.

I'm doing all my tests with the crap gear available to me so I'm curious what an actual endgame geared char would look like.

I just tested Elementalist / Raider in PoB, and it's actually much better than Elementalist / Deadeye. When I was building Ascendant, I must have missed the free onslaught, but that 20% attack speed during bosses such as Shaper makes a huge difference. I've updated the guide to match these findings. Thanks for catching that :)

"
makaveli158 wrote:
Looks fantastic I'm bout to try it out. Wondering how well Raider deals with ele reflect though. Probably avoid ele reflect maps for sure but everything else is safe?

I would definitely avoid elemental reflect as Raider, unless you switch your left ring for Cybil's Lament. Elemental reflect rares are no problem, you can easily out leech the reflect. I would also avoid no leech maps lol
one of these worth mutli modding?
"
iMythic wrote:
one of these worth mutli modding?

I wouldn't personally multimod any wand unless it has 2T1 rolls, or T1 light and T2 fire/cold.
Love this guide. Gear section well explained. ty
Your Ascendant skill tree links to a broken/outdated one.

Edit: Never mind, disregard.
Last edited by x3Starlight on Aug 29, 2017, 12:42:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info