[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

What are your guys thoughts about using a ring with Warlord's Mark?
Warlord's mark is not useful at all with this build.

In terms of curses what is very nice for this build are the defensive ones to add another layer of defences to the build: Temporal Chains and/or Enfeeble.

And the ofensive ones are Elemental Weakness and Assassin's Mark. And to a minor extent Frostbite too.
HC SSF Harbinguer : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 94 (RIP).
STANDARD : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 97 (ALL CONTENT DONE)
Last edited by lourun_coria on Sep 26, 2018, 5:03:58 AM
"
lourun_coria wrote:

In terms of curses what is very nice for this build are the defensive ones to add another layer of defences to the build: Temporal Chains and/or Enfeeble.

And the ofensive ones are Elemental Weakness and Assassin's Mark. And to a minor extent Frostbite too.

I understand why the other curses are important, but would you mind explaining why Warlord's mark is "not useful at all"?

From what I understand, it gives us:

* Life and mana leech
* Physical damage reduction (from Endurance charges)
* Elemental resistances (from Endurance charges)
* More chance to stun enemies

This curse is gonna be applied when we hit monsters if we use an elder ring.
Last edited by gearlles on Sep 26, 2018, 5:47:06 PM
"
gearlles wrote:
"
lourun_coria wrote:

I understand why the other curses are important, but would you mind explaining why Warlord's mark is "not useful at all"?

* Life and mana leech

To apply the curse you would need to hit the mob yourself, your totems will not be able to do this. Since you deal no dmg yourself you won't be leeching, only your totems.
Endurance charge generation is already available through your accendancy.
If I'm going for a bosskiller that should be able to do shaper on ~4 ex budget (+ 2 statsticks that didn't sell up to now), is this the right place?

Those are the statsticks.

Last edited by cybertier on Sep 27, 2018, 12:39:27 PM
"
tsjatupa wrote:
"
gearlles wrote:
"
lourun_coria wrote:

* Life and mana leech

To apply the curse you would need to hit the mob yourself, your totems will not be able to do this. Since you deal no dmg yourself you won't be leeching, only your totems.
Endurance charge generation is already available through your accendancy.

And Endurance Charges generation would be for your totems and not for you.
Hi Thi3n

I really enjoy your YouTube vids and guides, very informative but particularly like how you do it solo and still progress reallly well. Learnt lots from you as a solo player myself.

I am wondering, GC miner sabo or scion is another very popular play style and appears to fill the same build objectives as yours - be a comfortable league starter and do all content safely.

Is there a reason you don’t do GC mines? What is the main reason you go totem instead of mines? I believe GC mines has more damage? Which is tankier? Also it seems to have better end game scaling cos you can go LL GC mines for a tanky version. Basically looking for your opinion on how the two compares, advantages and disadvantages of each.
Also of the two, which would you say is a better Uber lab runner? I ask because I think it’s a good way to earn currency in league starts.
Hi,
whats better now in 3.4 ? Arc totem or GC totem ?
Hi,
used this build as I got stuck with my CA CI trickster I started the league with and I missed using cold skills.

So far everything went well. Red Elder is down deathless, uber elder is waiting for me and I love shattering mobs everywhere I go.

I started with the Spiritual Aid & - Command and Lord of the Dead but switched over to Phase Acrobatics as my survivability was too low. Added another layer through wise oak and watcher's eye with 20% damage taken gained as mana.

Went for a maximum - cold res build with a fossil crafted helm (-9%) and frostbite (-44%) blasphemy through Impresence and stacked cold penetration through cold pen gem, watcher's eye, wise oak and weapon (37% + 12% + 14% +8%).

So far I am at depth 330 and surviving without much hassle. 5150 Life and 2017 unreserved mana (782 reserved from clarity, blasphemy frostbite and hatred). Damage is there and I will try to take this build to reach depth 600 with some improvements:

- looking for a fossil crafted belt with elemental damage / cold damage
- lab enchant on boots (just switched to kaom's roots)
- looking for better weapon(s)
- long term update would be to switch to Atziri's Reflection and change the build up completely but I currently don't have the currency
- level cast when damage taken & IC to around level 10 so it triggers a bit later
- might rework sockets as blood magic for whirling blades might not be needed with the watcher's eye and replace it with culling strike
- improved jewels

Gear:

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should change? Really like the guide and love all the in depths explanations!
Last edited by Maaarc on Sep 28, 2018, 6:31:59 AM
Please, practical example about Penetration:

I'm using Elemental Weakness 20% Quality = -44% Elemental Resis
Cold Penetration Gem Lvl 20 : 37 Cold Penetration
Weapon : Damage Penetrantes 20 Cold Resistance

Then I need to know exactly how it works with normal enemies, guardians and Shaper/Elder:

Normal Enemy : 0% Enemy Resis -44% Elem Weakness Curse -57% Penetration = -101% Cold Resistance

Normal Boss : 30% Enemy Resis -17.6% Elem Weakness Curse(0.4*44%) -57% Penetration = -44.6% Cold Resistance

Shaper/Uber : 40% Enemy Resis - 8.8% Elem Weakness Curse(0.2*44%) -57% Penetration = -25.8% Cold Resistance

Am I right doing calculations here? Please Help.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info