[3.4] ELE CLAW INQUISITOR | Farm Shaper on 3Link! + UberElder, UberAtziri | very Budget friendly!

Can someone help me with this build? I have invested far more than 5 ex and can barely even do t15's, yes I am new to the game and yes I need help badly
"
vReturnz wrote:
Can someone help me with this build? I have invested far more than 5 ex and can barely even do t15's, yes I am new to the game and yes I need help badly

Ok, I’ll try to help you a bit:

First, you claw is too slow, look for something with 1.9 AS and close to 8% crit chance.

Your rings are really bad too, look at the guide in the ring equipment session, but, all around you want flat damage, crit, crit multi and resistances for the ring. Diamond ring bases are really good at this.

Your belt need to change quickly, a good vyse will do wonders to you. Try to abuse the murderous abyss jewels, since they have flat life and TONS of excellent stats, like crit multi, flat ele damage crit chance and buffs like onslaught and AS.

Your glove is ok, but a maligaro or, better yet, a tombfirst would do WONDERS for you (not too expensive too). Again, jewels go a long way. Those are things I could see with a quick look até your toon, hope someone else can help more than me :)

Edit: grammar
Last edited by DiscoPandaXD on Jan 12, 2018, 10:36:34 PM
"
vReturnz wrote:

In order of importance:

WED - elemental damage with attack skills

1. Wildfire is in the wrong slot - the on in the middle near lightning and cold res doesn't give you bonuses. Switch it with the one on far left, close to 'Devotion'
(1.5 I'll mention it here - your other jewels are terrible, not even worth 1c. Look in the guide what you should look for. Upgrade all of them. You CAN also put abyssal jewels in the skill tree.)

2. Your claw is too slow. Try to get 1.9 attack speed, ~200 edps, and as much crit chance as you can afford.

3. Your boots enchant is irrelevant on inquisitor. Only 33% fire res is not good enough. And 30 mov speed is overrated. Tri 30+ res and 15% mov speed is much better. You can then get more dmg on rings with out sacrificing defenses.

4. Your belt. Same as above. 26% lightning res not good enough. Look for Stygian Vise with 2x 40+ res and WED. Get 15-30 c abyss jewel. 17% + increased dmg when killed recently is very strong. You can also get onslaught, crit multi, atk spd, life, edps, w/e really.

5. By changing boots/belt you can get a lot of damage in your rings. Look for any base tier 1 wed, life, flat lightning, res enough to get you capped 75% (it's much cheaper to not overcap, have 1 item to switch for ele weakness maps).

6. Amulet with 30+ crit multi, wed, flat edps. Your current one is okay, but multi>chance. Maybe get 1 resist there too, if you lack some after rings upgrade. 60 life is enough really.

7. Gloves just use maligaro's like in the guide. Getting better gripped is atleast 2ex (with crit, high flat, atk speed, life, 1res). Tombfist are also atleast 2 ex. And you have to invest in the jewels for them to be worth it.

8. Getting helmet enchant. For now you can buy 150% effect of lightning golem for 20c. Overall its better to have 2 proj on the helmet instead of dying sun. You can 1shot all t16 with guardians with out helmet enchant if you invest this money in other gear tho. I'm mentioning it, because you bought dying sun and it isn't really that great compared to 2 projectile enchant. You can free up flask slot and have 100% uptime for the same price.

9. Flasks. Bubbling Divine Life Flask Of Staunching is better than eternal. Vinktar's uptime is terrible and forces you to have shock immunity - it's strong only on bosses. . I'd use life - experimenters quicksilver of adrenaline - atziri - diamond of heat (freeze immunity) - alchemists jade/stibnite of reflexes (effect/evasion)
Is the "Hit's Can't be evaded" on Ornament of the East the same as "Your hits can't be Evaded" on Lycosidae?

Can someone also please explain "why" this is mandatory? Does the "can't evade" apply to the swing of molten strike and/or all the fire projectiles?
"
tysonstrange wrote:
Is the "Hit's Can't be evaded" on Ornament of the East the same as "Your hits can't be Evaded" on Lycosidae?

Can someone also please explain "why" this is mandatory? Does the "can't evade" apply to the swing of molten strike and/or all the fire projectiles?

Enemies can evade both, but balls are spawned whether the melee hit is evaded or not, so mostly what matters is that they can evade the projectiles (melee hit's damage is minor in comparison).

Cannot be evaded (or high accuracy) is mandatory in any crit attack build, regardless of the attack skill used, because enemies get to roll to evade crits twice. First they get to roll to completely evade, then they get to roll again to convert the crit into a regular hit. You get double-fucked by your miss chance.
Does it matter if you have a % life leeched from phys claw vs a flat health?
"
"
tysonstrange wrote:

Enemies can evade both, but balls are spawned whether the melee hit is evaded or not, so mostly what matters is that they can evade the projectiles (melee hit's damage is minor in comparison).

Cannot be evaded (or high accuracy) is mandatory in any crit attack build, regardless of the attack skill used, because enemies get to roll to evade crits twice. First they get to roll to completely evade, then they get to roll again to convert the crit into a regular hit. You get double-fucked by your miss chance.

So then, is "Hit's Can't be evaded" on Ornament of the East the same as "Your hits can't be Evaded" on Lycosidae?

"
tysonstrange wrote:
So then, is "Hit's Can't be evaded" on Ornament of the East the same as "Your hits can't be Evaded" on Lycosidae?

For our purposes, yes. The slight language difference is because lycosidae's effect is global, while ornament's only effects ornament. Since we use a shield rather than dual wielding that difference is irrelevant for us though.

Ornament is still kind of a bad weapon (slow, no ele), but if you can't afford lycosidae and don't have much accuracy it is certainly an option.

Path of building correctly calculates this stuff so if you want to see whether ornament is worthwhile over a cheap, faster ele claw with your gear, just try it out in PoB.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Jan 13, 2018, 12:29:00 AM
"
"
tysonstrange wrote:

For our purposes, yes. The slight language difference is because lycosidae's effect is global, while ornament's only effects ornament. Since we use a shield rather than dual wielding that difference is irrelevant for us though.

Ornament is still kind of a bad weapon (slow, no ele), but if you can't afford lycosidae and don't have much accuracy it is certainly an option.

Path of building correctly calculates this stuff so if you want to see whether ornament is worthwhile over a cheap, faster ele claw with your gear, just try it out in PoB.

Thanks.

I just wanted to know if it would suit as a cheap alternative until you can get the shield.

I was using one, 3L with frost blade, power charge on crit and ancestral call for stacking power charges in stead of orb of storms.

I'll just be using a high ele dmg rare claw ultimately though.
Sorry if this is answered already but it seems that there is little discussion on stacking accuracy instead of going for Lyco. Atm Lyco is 150c in AHC, wouldn't a high life, Eva, res shield be worth it to try and fit in some accuracy on rings/amulet? I'm not that into what type of numbers are needed for decent hit %, anybody tried doing this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info