[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

"
PURDURABO wrote:
Mate you where here screaming about how dead this build was at the end of last league and calling everyone who disagreed with you an idiot who did not understand the game as well as you... And you ended up being dead wrong.

Funnily enough but I will bet you anything that at the end of 3.2 you will be right back in this thread screaming that this build is dead once again in 3.3 .

No, I wasn't wrong. This is Burning Spectres build, and it HAS been dead since.
Wickerman was nerfed to Burned Miscreation Unrighteous Fire levels - so completely useless, and TV is unplayable due to no clearspeed. These are the FACTS, hopefully you won't try to deny them.
Offering nerf was merely last nail in the coffin. And tomorrow in the patch notes you might see Dyadus Icetomb AG fix and/or TV single target fix, just as a finishing touch.
"
rhenk10 wrote:
I'm planning on going solar guards instead of TVs. What are the bis items for AG then?

Double dyadus? Double singularity?
Chest, gloves, boots and helm?

singularity imo useless for SG.
For SG Animated Guardian can equip aura giving items.
► Leer Cast
► Dying Breath
► Victario's Flight
► Zahndethus' Cassock
► South Bound

This gives us:
+18% curse effectiveness
+28% increased damage
+10% movement speed
+6% life regen while standing in consecrated ground

For TV Animated Guardian can equip.
► Leer Cast
► 2x Dyadus
► Victario's Flight
► IceTomb
► South Bound

This gives us:
+15% increased damage
+10% movement speed
+150% chill duration
+200% increased burning damage taken (or more burn basically)

░███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░
░█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░
░█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░
Last edited by Besovskii on Feb 28, 2018, 6:50:39 AM
"
Kentii wrote:
Played a variation of this build in Abyss HC, farmed shaper/guardians with it. Ran Ahn's Heritage so my max block was only 65% and I never felt squishy at all, actually one of the most tanky chars I've had. Planning on playing the same exact version, so I will basically lose 150-200 life on block and maybe 5-7% on my block.

65 is closer to 70 than 50. I was talking about reliability when going from 75 to 50.

How exactly will you lose 5-7% block? Would be nice to know. You lose 17 from BO getting cut in half, but since spell block is always a conversion from regular block, you actually lose more because the effect is compounded - you lose around 1.5x more spellblock.
If you are talking about making up for the reduced BO, well then you are losing damage and/or survivability elsewhere. Get real.

"
Kentii wrote:
This guy is just trying to get people off of the build he plays so items get a little cheaper.

Yah, that's a really cute story. You got me. What is this, the Alex Jones channel? Too many chemtrails on this flat earth. I'm working with the Illuminati to create subversion in the necromancer community. Amazing.
"
rhenk10 wrote:
I'm planning on going solar guards instead of TVs. What are the bis items for AG then?

Double dyadus? Double singularity?
Chest, gloves, boots and helm?

I haven't actually played this build yet, I plan to get experience with it this league as my starter.

I also plan around solar guards, and depending on how well they can kill endgame bosses, I might try either 2/2 SG/TV spectres, or 4 TV spectres with 3 flame golems in a hungry loop. I might try wickerman too, but I don't have high hopes seeing how many people say it's nerfed to uselessness. If I'll like none of these, I guess I'll try a new char with a different build.

My plan for AG is 2 singularity - which i'd change to 1 or 2 dyadus if I use any TV -, bringer of rain, zahndetus' cassock, a resist+life glove and victario's flight.

I'm still thinking about several ways I could build this, I think I'll see during gameplay how much survivability I actually need - I plan on going almost full survivability at first, but much of that can be changed to dps if I can still survive.
"
Lacceh wrote:
"
Kentii wrote:
Played a variation of this build in Abyss HC, farmed shaper/guardians with it. Ran Ahn's Heritage so my max block was only 65% and I never felt squishy at all, actually one of the most tanky chars I've had. Planning on playing the same exact version, so I will basically lose 150-200 life on block and maybe 5-7% on my block.

65 is closer to 70 than 50. I was talking about reliability when going from 75 to 50.

How exactly will you lose 5-7% block? Would be nice to know. You lose 17 from BO getting cut in half, but since spell block is always a conversion from regular block, you actually lose more because the effect is compounded - you lose around 1.5x more spellblock.
If you are talking about making up for the reduced BO, well then you are losing damage and/or survivability elsewhere. Get real.

"
Kentii wrote:
This guy is just trying to get people off of the build he plays so items get a little cheaper.

Yah, that's a really cute story. You got me. What is this, the Alex Jones channel? Too many chemtrails on this flat earth. I'm working with the Illuminati to create subversion in the necromancer community. Amazing.

ur capped at 75% block pre nerf
quik maffs 75-17(amount being lost post nerf)=58%
i was sitting at 65% block prenerf(-10% max), now im sitting at 58% block, i lost 7% to my block.

i could pull stuff out of my ass too and say i was only talking about normal block to begin with but hey, u can do that instead.

you have 1 valid point, and thats the fact that GGG could shit all over TVs and solar guards/AG w/ the patch notes. but saying this build is dead cuz of the offering nerf is stupid.
Last edited by Kentii on Feb 28, 2018, 7:17:43 AM
"
Kentii wrote:
ur capped at 75% block pre nerf
quik maffs 75-17(amount being lost post nerf)=58%
i was sitting at 65% block prenerf(-10% max), now im sitting at 58% block, i lost 7% to my block.

i could pull stuff out of my ass too and say i was only talking about normal block to begin with but hey, u can do that instead.

you have 1 valid point, and thats the fact that GGG could shit all over TVs and solar guards/AG w/ the patch notes. but saying this build is dead cuz of the offering nerf is stupid.

What was it exactly that I 'pulled out of my ass', make sure to let me know.

I explained multiple times specifically the reliability between blocking 2 or 3 hits out of 4 on average. Then you chimed in with your irrelevant 65% block which is in-between.

Most players aim for 70/70+, which is even in the title of this very build guide. They will lose roughly 17% block and 26% spell block.

Sure go ahead with your 58% 'normal block' build. Nobody cares.
"
Kentii wrote:

You don't get to arbitrarily declare which of my points are valid or not, everything I said was factual.

I never claimed that the build was dead because of the offering nerf, don't straw-man me.

This is a Burning Spectre build guide, and it's become as good as dead the moment they made Wickerman's damage utterly useless [1], and as a result TV's become unplayable due to zero clearspeed single-target only.
These are the facts, end of discussion.

[1] - 3.1.0 War for the Atlas Patch Notes: "Wickerman Righteous Fire damage has been lowered while spectred. These monsters were using a version of Righteous Fire not intended for spectres, and were dealing significantly more damage than intended as a result. This change brings them in line with other spectres who use Righteous Fire."
Would it make sense to combine TVs with Skelli Mages?
"
Lacceh wrote:

No, I wasn't wrong. This is Burning Spectres build, and it HAS been dead since.
Wickerman was nerfed to Burned Miscreation Unrighteous Fire levels - so completely useless, and TV is unplayable due to no clearspeed. These are the FACTS, hopefully you won't try to deny them.

This build is still fine and has a perfectly good clearspeed by dropping the WM and replacing it with 3 flame golems instead for the trash clear.
Last edited by PURDURABO on Feb 28, 2018, 8:40:01 AM
"
PURDURABO wrote:
This build is still fine and has a perfectly good clearspeed by dropping the WM and replacing it with 3 flame golems instead for the trash clear.

Last time I checked flame golems are not spectres, how exactly do you 'replace' WM with flame golems?
That's a different build, or at least a hybrid build, not a Burning Spectre build. Keep desperately grasping at straws, though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info