[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

"
Baldrick wrote:
So I finally found my first lev 16 map, the phoenix boss. And, I got absolutely destroyed.

He seemed to cast some explosion spell that I was not able to get away from. Got him about to halfway before I ran out of portals.

I was under the impression that my TVs were going to melt all bosses. And since others have done so, apparently I am doing something wrong.

Any advice? Hopefully I manage to find another map before the end of the league. Don't really feel like buying them since I only have 21c to my name.

I also lost my animated guy.... sigh..

Here is my gear

I'm not sure what I can tell you to help out with Phoenix... In my experience he is the hardest of the guardian fights. You need to keep an eye on the mechanics of the fight, dont roll increased aoe, or his huge kaboom takes up the whole room, and simply stay away from his splosions...
I have a full Phoenix map clear recorded if you want to look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hJO86Sp-I8
Shaper clear:
https://youtu.be/boqS_lRuwI4

As for your gear... Are you sure you need the 6L for golems? They seem to melt everything just fine in a 4L, or if you are feeling adventurous try this:

Also Grim is right... You kinda need AG in a +2 helmet assisted by empower, or Shaper and Guardians eat him up :(

If you want to compare, the rest of my gear is in the spoiler tags
Spoiler

Last edited by Sawtyss on Jan 27, 2018, 5:31:24 PM
"
TeaAddict wrote:
I've been doing maps for a few days, and nothing has felt slow yet. I changed some gems around due to some stuff I read on Reddit and just what seemed to work better for me. I probably need new rings, or any other ideas?

If you're going to use the energy shield recharge trick, you should probably buy some ES gear. :) Running it on just a hybrid helm and boots is kind of weak.

You have no spell block. A shaped amulet or shield with % of block chance applied to spells is going to make a world of difference. So will a Rumi's flask.

With Bone Offering up, you shouldn't need to rely on healing flasks very much. I only carry one. The rest can go into utilities - you're absolutely going to need an elemental flask for later content - flame for uber / phoenix, etc. You can safely drop the quicksilvers, you should rely on whirling blades for all movement.

You're right about your rings, both of them should really have life and mana on them. Your jewels, too - look for jewels with life / mana, then minion % damage.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Atm im going pretty nice, i guess after kitava it will be harder, but wondering, wich spectres would u get? I've atm Wicker Man, solar guard and idk if get another solard guard or another wicker man, what would you get? And wich items from my build would you change asap? Thanks in advance!
"
grimjack68 wrote:
If you're going to use the energy shield recharge trick, you should probably buy some ES gear. :) Running it on just a hybrid helm and boots is kind of weak.

You have no spell block. A shaped amulet or shield with % of block chance applied to spells is going to make a world of difference. So will a Rumi's flask.

With Bone Offering up, you shouldn't need to rely on healing flasks very much. I only carry one. The rest can go into utilities - you're absolutely going to need an elemental flask for later content - flame for uber / phoenix, etc. You can safely drop the quicksilvers, you should rely on whirling blades for all movement.

You're right about your rings, both of them should really have life and mana on them. Your jewels, too - look for jewels with life / mana, then minion % damage.

Yeah, the ES trick. I just figured I'd want to keep the spectres around, or maybe find a nice ES chest piece with the colors I want.

I have that unique spell block amulet, I just chose this cause of +1 curse.

I stuck with Bones for the extra spectre though.

Still looking out for rings though. And to be fair, I don't really use Bone Offering, just Spirit offering.

I guess in some situations, I'd want to swap over to bone though.
"
Baldrick wrote:
So I finally found my first lev 16 map, the phoenix boss. And, I got absolutely destroyed.

He seemed to cast some explosion spell that I was not able to get away from. Got him about to halfway before I ran out of portals.

I was under the impression that my TVs were going to melt all bosses. And since others have done so, apparently I am doing something wrong.

They will, but all endgame boss fights are all about the mechanics. Watch lets play videos and learn their rotations. Especially Phoenix is really easy for our build. If you want to FaceTime them you need to maximize your defenses and get the best out of your gear. You can have a look at my chat to get an impression. And even there is room for improvement...
Last edited by willo77 on Jan 27, 2018, 5:25:50 PM
Does the chest gems setup work without using animate guardian? using 3 tukohama and 1 wicker
RS + burning dmg + minion dmg + minion and totem ele resist + ele focus + swifty affli

Before I was using 4 solar guardian, and I was doing well, but I had no damage to kill the shaper, so I'll switch to the tukohama and wicker to try one more time.
"
Carcelero wrote:
Atm im going pretty nice, i guess after kitava it will be harder, but wondering, wich spectres would u get? I've atm Wicker Man, solar guard and idk if get another solard guard or another wicker man, what would you get? And wich items from my build would you change asap? Thanks in advance!
Depends on what you want to do. Wickermen are a leveling spectre at best since the 3.1 nerf, I wouldn't consider using them for even mapping. The choices today seem to be either Tukohama's Vanguards or Solar Guards. TVs excel at bossing, SGs excel at clearing. I'm currently using 2 of each type. The caveat there is that they need different gem setups, so you'd need to run one in your chest and one in your helm with some elder / shaped mods.

If you are going into mapping - and with your gear that's what I'd expect, I'd seriously suggest switching to pure solar guards and running raise spectre / greater multiple projectiles / spell echo / minion damage / elemental focus / controlled destruction. Switch to a Vis Mortis with 5L as soon as you can, and drop controlled destruction until you can afford a 6L.

I'd also suggest dropping your 2 socket belt for a single socket belt with life / resists, and pick up your jewel sockets asap.
"
TeaAddict wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:

Yeah, the ES trick. I just figured I'd want to keep the spectres around, or maybe find a nice ES chest piece with the colors I want.

I have that unique spell block amulet, I just chose this cause of +1 curse.

I stuck with Bones for the extra spectre though.

Still looking out for rings though. And to be fair, I don't really use Bone Offering, just Spirit offering.

I guess in some situations, I'd want to swap over to bone though.
I'd use the spell block amulet over an additional curse. Bones is well worth keeping - if I were looking for ES gear for your character, I'd look for gloves and helmet for sure, maybe shield, maybe belt. If you can swing the resits, maybe an Essence Worm with Discipline?
"
Fummon wrote:
Does the chest gems setup work without using animate guardian? using 3 tukohama and 1 wicker
RS + burning dmg + minion dmg + minion and totem ele resist + ele focus + swifty affli

Before I was using 4 solar guardian, and I was doing well, but I had no damage to kill the shaper, so I'll switch to the tukohama and wicker to try one more time.
Absolutely, that's the right gem combo for Tukohamas Vanguards and wikermen. If you're going to try shaper, I'd suggest 4xTVs, skip the wikermen.
So, with tukohama shield you lose all mana and its converted to blood magic thus ,aking mom completely useless. is there any suggestion on replacing that lost survivability or is it just something to deal with when gaining that much more damage?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info