[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

highest value abyss jewel stats?
"
Sawtyss wrote:
"
Korrikalari wrote:
Okay some questions.

1) Are the reccomended flasks really just the tri resist ones with the life and phys res? What about when after a bit hit you are almost out of mana? How do you recover it?

2) What should I look for in the Abyss jewels? HP+Taunt+Hinder and what else?

3) I bought my +1 curse anvil some minutes ago and for the life of me I cannot decide which 2 curses I am going to use.

Offensively Despair and Flammability are solid options
Deffensively Temporal Chains and Enfeeble are solid options.

3 of those are blue and TC is green so I cannot do TC for trash mobs and swap to another one. Suggestions? Thanks.

Thanks!

Out of curiosity why despair over ele weakness?
Despair would only ever actually have an effect on bosses, and a minor one at that (its take increased damage afterall, so simply a + to monster damage) compared to a MORE modifier from elemental curses :o

Decided to run Enfeeble + Flamability in the end. Enfeeble actually helps me survive a lot.
So I finally found my first lev 16 map, the phoenix boss. And, I got absolutely destroyed.

He seemed to cast some explosion spell that I was not able to get away from. Got him about to halfway before I ran out of portals.

I was under the impression that my TVs were going to melt all bosses. And since others have done so, apparently I am doing something wrong.

Any advice? Hopefully I manage to find another map before the end of the league. Don't really feel like buying them since I only have 21c to my name.

I also lost my animated guy.... sigh..

Here is my gear
Last edited by Baldrick on Jan 27, 2018, 2:42:13 PM
"
"
28: If you didn't goof around, you should hit Death Attunement and the extra spectre right about the time you hit 28. Get Flame Sentinels in The Solaris Temple. Slot it in a BBGR 4 link. Specter + LMP/GMP + Minion Damage.

Why do we slot it BBGR when we only use 3 slots? What is coming for the red one ?

"34: Once you hit 34 put a flame golem in the red spectre slot."
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
I've been doing maps for a few days, and nothing has felt slow yet. I changed some gems around due to some stuff I read on Reddit and just what seemed to work better for me. I probably need new rings, or any other ideas?

"
Korrikalari wrote:
Okay some questions.

1) Are the reccomended flasks really just the tri resist ones with the life and phys res? What about when after a bit hit you are almost out of mana? How do you recover it?

2) What should I look for in the Abyss jewels? HP+Taunt+Hinder and what else?

3) I bought my +1 curse anvil some minutes ago and for the life of me I cannot decide which 2 curses I am going to use.

Offensively Despair and Flammability are solid options
Deffensively Temporal Chains and Enfeeble are solid options.

3 of those are blue and TC is green so I cannot do TC for trash mobs and swap to another one. Suggestions? Thanks.

Thanks!
Flasks are really flexible in this build. I'm personally using:

I'll swap out one for a fire flask for uber atziri, phoenix, but most of the time I don't even hit them.

Jewels are kind of complex... you want to boost your effective life first, so life / mana, then you want to boost your minions damage or abilities, so % increased minion damage or taunt on hit. You need to be careful though, because stuff like "adds x to x fire damage to minions" really doesn't help Tukohama's Vanguards.

Pick curses that will help with bosses. Everything else is going to die before you can apply the curse. If you're concerned about surviving the encounter, run 2 defensive curses. Feel free to swap curses for specific bosses, too - for instance, Atziri will reflect curses, so use curses that have no effect on yourself - like enfeeble. You don't swap curses mid-map though, this is a recolor your gear at the start of the run kind of thing.
"
gebashOrt wrote:
Hey,

for Solar Guards: I think that anger (+geno) is a very big dmg boost. Beside Essence Worm ring, should I run a aura with MoM or respecc MoM?

thx
You are correct, it is a decent damage boost. However, it will ruin Elemental Equilibrium, which is a bigger damage boost, unless you pair it with Generosity, which would mean it won't fit in an essence worm.

So, you would have to un-spec Mind over Matter. That's a pretty big hit to your effective HP.

You could mess with the tree to run more life and no mana, but it's going to be a pretty big change.
"
Skua99 wrote:
Hello, I have been playing PoE for a number of years but during each league I get into the same rut. I follow a plan to just run shaped maps, get to around level 90, get bored and start a new character. I have never tried to kill any of the end-game bosses. My goal this league is to kill at least one (not sure who) and experience some of the end-game content. This time my mapping strategy has been just to run all the maps and not worry about concentrating on just a few shaped ones. I am currently at level 86 and working my way through the tier 11 maps with absolutely on issues.

For Spectres I have been running 2 x SG's from a 5-link chest and 2 x TV's from a sudo 6 link helmet. This combination has been working well for me and I am having no problems with the low level Red Maps or their bosses.

My first question is should I be using the Advancing Fortress or switch to the Scourge Claw? The claw would give me more damage, but I would lose some block, life and need to put Stone Golem somewhere else so I can add back in my fortify (currently running Stone Golem, Whirling Blades and Faster Attacks).

My second question has to do with Zombies and my AG. They share the same four link (AG, Zombies, Minion Life Support and level 3 empower). If I switch over to the claw I would probably replace the Zombies with my Stone Golem. But if I stick with my Advancing Fortress, is there something that I can use instead of Zombies that will help my AG? Or should I just stick with the Zombies (the only reason I want to get rid of them is that there is just to much stuff happening on my screen)?

My last question is what should I be looking at changing to get myself ready for some of the end-game content? Plus can someone give me hint on which end-game boss I should be concentrating on first?
Pick up a scourge. It's worth it, and with the rest of your gear I'll bet you are still at max block with your Rumis up. You can probably boost it a bit with a tempest shield gem if you can find the room.

You can safely drop your zombies - and probably your AG as well. Neither of them is going to survive very well in high tier maps anyway, and your spectres will still be able to handle any content even without them. I can normally only get my AG to survive guardians / shaper in a 4L +2 minion gems helm, and you are using your helm for spectres. Alternatively, I have put my AG in my shield so I can unsummon him with weapon swap if his life starts to drop.

As for end-game bosses... if I were to rank them in terms of difficulty, (for this build, anyway) I'd say Council, Breachlords, Guardians, Uber Atziri, Shaper, Hall of the Grandmasters.

I'd run them mostly in that order if you have the currency to buy the entrance fees. If not, just do them as they come up, with one exception - save Hall of the Grandmasters for when you are high level with no experience for sure, because that one is a level above anything else.
"
Phonics wrote:
highest value abyss jewel stats?
Watcher's Eye, of course. ;)

If you're looking for the highest value combinations of affixes on normal jewels, anything with t1 life and 3 x t1 damage rolls.
"
Baldrick wrote:
So I finally found my first lev 16 map, the phoenix boss. And, I got absolutely destroyed.

He seemed to cast some explosion spell that I was not able to get away from. Got him about to halfway before I ran out of portals.

I was under the impression that my TVs were going to melt all bosses. And since others have done so, apparently I am doing something wrong.

Any advice? Hopefully I manage to find another map before the end of the league. Don't really feel like buying them since I only have 21c to my name.

I also lost my animated guy.... sigh..

Here is my gear
So, a couple things.

Bring a flame flask for fights with flame bosses.

What are your resists? How much health / mana do you have? What kind of map mods were you running?

Ensure you have summoned your spectres in shaper's realm or the last room of Oba's so they are max level.

During the fight, keep casting desecrate and bone offering. Block is our major line of defense.

The only way I've gotten my AG to survive the end game bosses is in a +2 helm with fortify, empower 3+, and minion life. Alternatively, I've put him in a shield so I can unsummon him with weapon switch when his life starts to drop, or just not brought him into the fight at all.

Now for some strategy tips. The big hit that's killing you is likely his fire bomb. He will stick his swords into the ground, channel for 4s, and the bomb goes off. You'll be hit with a 50% fire resist penalty before the bomb. You want to be as far as possible from him when it goes off, and have your fire flask in effect, and be ready to hit your heal flasks.

This move is pretty obvious, and you have lots of time to prepare - 4s is plenty.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info