[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

How fast in maps does this build clear compared to others? T15
Theamazonbasin
Once Again topic AG, as a quick summary:

Best in slot items:

2x Dyadus
Icetomb or Belly of the Beast?
Rainbowstride
The bringer of Rain
southbound gloves

socked in helmet:

+2 lvl to minions rare helmet

gem links:

for better response/testing let's say empower lvl 3, AG lvl 20

AG - minion life - empower - fortify for shaper/guardians? --> is Additional accuracy needed instead of fortify?
AG - minion life - empower - melee splash for map clearing?

1) any1 tested these options with skullhead instead of +2 rare helmet, and is skullhead also enough for shaper/uber atrizi/guardians? otherwise we can swap a +2 rare helmet for the bosses if not

2) any hints/ideas for the chosen items?

thanks in advance!

Since the build has a block focus, would "The anvil" amulet be a good choice if I use rithpith for shield?
Last edited by DanyStormborn on Oct 23, 2017, 6:40:05 PM
Is it worth buying a 6-Link Vis Mortis ? :)
"
fabs2901 wrote:

Look at your support gems in gloves... Why you use curst on hit without curse?...

Anyway:
1:Any other weapon is better option than The Scourge?
2:For clear maps better Solar Guards (x4) or Wicker mans (x4)
3:On boss which one setup is better 3xTV 1x WM or 4x SG?
Last edited by JustMane on Oct 23, 2017, 7:38:12 PM
"
Atum84 wrote:
Once Again topic AG, as a quick summary:

Best in slot items:

2x Dyadus
Icetomb or Belly of the Beast?
Rainbowstride
The bringer of Rain
southbound gloves

socked in helmet:

+2 lvl to minions rare helmet

gem links:

for better response/testing let's say empower lvl 3, AG lvl 20

AG - minion life - empower - fortify for shaper/guardians? --> is Additional accuracy needed instead of fortify?
AG - minion life - empower - melee splash for map clearing?

1) any1 tested these options with skullhead instead of +2 rare helmet, and is skullhead also enough for shaper/uber atrizi/guardians? otherwise we can swap a +2 rare helmet for the bosses if not

2) any hints/ideas for the chosen items?

thanks in advance!

I used skullhead over a minion gem for a long while( well I still do but I have a +1 gem level ullr so +2 minion helm is useless for me now)

He can still survive stuff even without + gem level gear however you do need to babysit him every now and then, phoenix crits can hurt him for instance.

I messed around with various items for the longest time, as a result I ended up with a fairly offensive setup ( again my AG is level 26 at this point so survival is no longer an issue).
Imo if you are going through the trouble of having, an AG with you, you should at least make sure you get the most out of it. For me this meant equipping him with dual dyadus and an Icetomb along with a 4th link accuracy, or alternately faster attacks( I find melee splash to be, mostly, irrelevant since you won't have AG contribute to map clearing and the only time splash potentially sees use is during uber atziri trio. An argument can be made for Zahndetsu's cassock over Icetomb since it provides a good amount of survivability to AG and your minions, but so far the only times my AG died were times of huge damage spikes or unblockable damage over time effects, during either zahndetsu's has limited benefit other than the great amount of chaos res it provides.
"
Psyonix wrote:
Fun build. First time playing a summoner that isn't SRS. Just a few questions for anyone who knows:

1. Is there a noticible difference with Tukohama's Fortress against shaper? (As opposed to say, going full block with rathpith globe).

2. Those of you using TF, mind sharing your tree?

3. I took OP's Vis Mortis tree and dropped the block nodes and some mana nodes to get Necro Aegis. Is that an okay route?

4. I have considerably less life (but some ES) and seemingly no mitigation other than flasks and bone offering. How do you compensate for this?

5. Basically, if I'm going to farm shaper, what, in your experience is the best gear/tree/spectres to use?

Going max block with Advancing Fortress in lieu of The Scourge I can kill all 4 guardians deathless with relative ease (3x TV, 1x WM). I'm wondering if I should sell the scourge and Tukohama's Fortress and keep using the block variant.

1. Yes, as long as you also have Necro Aegis. This is a great option if you are playing softcore and don't mind getting killed every now and then, as your defences will be significantly lower. IMO, this option is approaching glass cannon status.

2. I'd path to NA from Elemental Equilibrium, through Foresight. Pull off life / mana nodes as necessary, keeping in mind that 70:30 ratio for Mind over Matter. Remember, you're gaining a fair bit of ES to compensate for the lost life / mana.

3. Just check your mana / life ratio. If you have 7000 life and 2000 mana - AFTER casting auras - you're going to run out of mana before you run out of life, which means there will be times where you get hit hard and basically can't do anything, you won't even have enough mana to shield charge away.

4. What exactly is considerably less? I'm running 5.7k life and just over 2k mana, and I've done damn near every piece of content short of hall of the grandmasters without any problems. I've run into folks in Spectre chat - global 6666 - who have done the same with under 5k life.

5. If you are going to concentrate on farming Shaper, I'd be running the scourge claw, rathpith, 2xrumi's flasks to max out your block, rare amulet instead of Lazhwar, cold flask, 3 Tukohama's Vanguards and 1 Wickerman. Or you could swap the rumi's for The Anvil.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
Godfeast_1 wrote:
How fast in maps does this build clear compared to others? T15
It's not the fastest map clearing build out there, but it's not slow at all. White mobs will insta-gib, blues will unless they have elemental resistance or a lot of extra life, yellows take a second or two. Bosses take several seconds. Maps with multiple bosses take several seconds per boss. Guardians take a while, and so does shaper.

To put it in perspective, I run haste/whirling blades 19:20/Faster attacks 17:20 and Rampage from Bisco's Leash. I can whirling blades from one end of shaped strand to the other running 3 WM / 1 TV, and 99% of the monsters will be dead. The time to kill mobs in a T15 is similar, as long as you aren't in an indoor map with walls. We hate walls, because Spectres seem to be unusually curious about them.
"
DanyStormborn wrote:
Since the build has a block focus, would "The anvil" amulet be a good choice if I use rithpith for shield?
Absolutely, especially if you would rather have the max block up all the time instead of depending on Rumi's.
"
fabs2901 wrote:
At the current price of 9-10ex? Hell no. Buy one with a near perfect ES roll for ~25c, or snipe one for less. Take your Ex, buy a bunch of fusings, and link it yourself. It should take an average of 1000, which is less than 7ex.

OTOH, RNG might bite you in the butt... I'm 2500 fusings into mine, seen a bunch of 5L, but no 6L yet!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info