[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

"
Cristil66 wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:
With that amount of currency to spend, you could move from 2 affix jewels to 3 or 4 affix jewels. You could pair up your AG with an Empower4, that would make him significantly tougher. Swapping that Elemental weakness for a Flammability would boost your dps a bit as well. You could upgrade to a perfectly rolled Rumi's.

Oh, and the quicksilver is mostly pointless, you should be using whirling blades for all your movement, and WB doesn't care about your movement speed. I run double Rumi's instead.

Yeah all end game content is pretty much a breeze, just trying to min max to try to skip a shaper phase or something haha. I'm still wondering if it's worth it to spend 450c on an empower 4 if he will keep dying repeatedly. It's not so much the cost of the replacement but the hassle of poetrade and 90% of afkers there. I guess I could also try to roll a belt with +minion life and life and resist.

Other than that, great build. The only thing bad about this build is that I can't play any other builds other than this one as it will all feel so slow and squishy :)

Get a corrupted glove with vulnerability on hit for 3 curses Vulner + Flam + Ele Weak. I guess you may instantly phase Shaper if you can get the damn spectres to lay totems and focus fire correctly.

Also, get all damage and curse gems to lv21 (except Raise Spectre which seems not worth it), why the hell you run them at non-corrupted lv20 with 100 ex in stash?

Last, there's still the option to use Belt of Deceiver for 10% MORE damage but I guess it will hurt your survivability a little too much. Just an idea.
"
Cristil66 wrote:
Other than that, great build. The only thing bad about this build is that I can't play any other builds other than this one as it will all feel so slow and squishy :)

ikr
I played a lot of builds claiming millions of damage and "easy shaper all content", without telling you how much experience they had on those bosses so that they can dodge everything, and without mentioning what high end gear they managed to reach at that time.

But this build is just plainforward, get some cheap uniques (5L or 6L is the most expensive part), find or pay for high level spectres, then you kill shaper. Skills? Good if you have so you die less in farming. Insane gears? Good if you need that 10%-30% shortened boss time.
Testing actually the Tukohama shield variant with 3 TVs and 1 WH.

This is my definitive build ... :-)

I lost 1k hp and 35% block, but with a 100% uptime bone offering and the help of
a 12 Seconds Vaal Grace,

CWDT + IC

survivability is never an issue.

Also my Lv 26 Animate Guardian is now "immortal" with these changes...

Things go way faster with this dps boost from Tukokama's shield and Necromantic Aegis.
Last edited by pticouic on Oct 24, 2017, 7:06:45 AM
1:Slower projectiles work with Solar Guards?

2:Mobs can have less than 0 resistance? I mean -30% res or more?.
Hi guys, I have a question: How would empower or +2 staves work with raise spectres?
Check my YouTube Channel if you want :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/LeoOliveAmar
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
Psyonix wrote:
Fun build. First time playing a summoner that isn't SRS. Just a few questions for anyone who knows:

1. Is there a noticible difference with Tukohama's Fortress against shaper? (As opposed to say, going full block with rathpith globe).

2. Those of you using TF, mind sharing your tree?

3. I took OP's Vis Mortis tree and dropped the block nodes and some mana nodes to get Necro Aegis. Is that an okay route?

4. I have considerably less life (but some ES) and seemingly no mitigation other than flasks and bone offering. How do you compensate for this?

5. Basically, if I'm going to farm shaper, what, in your experience is the best gear/tree/spectres to use?

Going max block with Advancing Fortress in lieu of The Scourge I can kill all 4 guardians deathless with relative ease (3x TV, 1x WM). I'm wondering if I should sell the scourge and Tukohama's Fortress and keep using the block variant.

1. Yes, as long as you also have Necro Aegis. This is a great option if you are playing softcore and don't mind getting killed every now and then, as your defences will be significantly lower. IMO, this option is approaching glass cannon status.

2. I'd path to NA from Elemental Equilibrium, through Foresight. Pull off life / mana nodes as necessary, keeping in mind that 70:30 ratio for Mind over Matter. Remember, you're gaining a fair bit of ES to compensate for the lost life / mana.

3. Just check your mana / life ratio. If you have 7000 life and 2000 mana - AFTER casting auras - you're going to run out of mana before you run out of life, which means there will be times where you get hit hard and basically can't do anything, you won't even have enough mana to shield charge away.

4. What exactly is considerably less? I'm running 5.7k life and just over 2k mana, and I've done damn near every piece of content short of hall of the grandmasters without any problems. I've run into folks in Spectre chat - global 6666 - who have done the same with under 5k life.

5. If you are going to concentrate on farming Shaper, I'd be running the scourge claw, rathpith, 2xrumi's flasks to max out your block, rare amulet instead of Lazhwar, cold flask, 3 Tukohama's Vanguards and 1 Wickerman. Or you could swap the rumi's for The Anvil.

Cheers, thanks for the answers!
"
LaplaceNoMa wrote:
"
shotcaller77 wrote:
Btw tried and eventually suceeded finishing hall of grandmasters. A couple of times my T17 minions just got completely a@&raped

Several questions.

1. How did you deal with caustic arrow users like LibritanniaES?
2. Did you take the 20% chaos res for minions cluster?
3. How much chaos res did you yourself have?
4. Did you have Shaper's Realm open in Templar's lab for this?

Thanks

Hey sorry for missing this.

1. Rushed, dropped totems, kited, convoced. It was tricky and I lost a couple of batches of TVs unfortunately. It was doable, however.
2. Nope
3. -19
4. Yes. Definitely yes...

Did you manage to do it?
"
Hi guys, I have a question: How would empower or +2 staves work with raise spectres?

Anyone able to answer this question? :/
"
"

4% more damage, life, and ES. Given that most spectres are nearly immortal, the life and ES is pointless IMO.

Which leaves 4% more damage, at the cost of:
- The scourge, which gives the spectres 15% attack speed and 70% increased minion damage if you have hit recently, which means essentially all the time.
- A shield, which gives us 25-30% block, plus some other goodies depending on what shield you are running.

Now if there were a prefix, +2 to level of socketed minion gems for staves, that would be totally different... Unfortunately, that prefix doesn't exist on staffs, just helms. All you can get on staves is:
+ gems (generic, limited to +1)
+ cold gems
+ fire gems
+ lightning gems
+ chaos gems
+ melee gems
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
"

4% more damage, life, and ES. Given that most spectres are nearly immortal, the life and ES is pointless IMO.

Which leaves 4% more damage, at the cost of:
- The scourge, which gives the spectres 15% attack speed and 70% increased minion damage if you have hit recently, which means essentially all the time.
- A shield, which gives us 25-30% block, plus some other goodies depending on what shield you are running.

Now if there were a prefix, +2 to level of socketed minion gems for staves, that would be totally different... Unfortunately, that prefix doesn't exist on staffs, just helms. All you can get on staves is:
+ gems (generic, limited to +1)
+ cold gems
+ fire gems
+ lightning gems
+ chaos gems
+ melee gems

I was talking about Femurs when I said +2. So this Scourge + Life/Block shield setup is the best thing possible? Even if I have a 6L femurs of the saints?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info