[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

Very nice build for sure.
I finished Shaper, Uber Atziri and all of the Guardians so easily and deathless.

Fast Hydra kill with Bisco amulet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpAxN8yK9lA
IGN: Blake_cz
"
rippmania wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
rippmania wrote:

Hey guys I'd like to have some input on how I could improve my build. Right now I'm thinking of 5 linking a chest but I cannot decide between Vis Mortis or Cloak of Defiance (which I would have to buy). I'm playing on HC so some extra survivability could be nice but at the same I'd be losing a spectre.

I'm running T11-T13 fine but I haven't tried to go farther.

Anyone could advise me on that choice ?
You're going to benefit a fair bit from getting your gems to 20/20. Cloak would be nice if your mana pool is big enough to support it, needs to be 40% of your life at the bare minimum, and I like to have some headroom so I can still cast when I've been hit hard.

What are you running for flasks / jewels?

Right now I have about 5.8k life and 3.2 K mana. So you think I would benefit more from a cloak ?
Absolutely - you have more than enough mana to use another 10% of it to tank extra hits. A 5L will make up for the DPS loss from swapping to Cloak from Vis as well.

If you're going to use seething flasks, you might as well drop to Hallowed. They heal nearly the same amount, but they recharge MUCH faster.

Are you using whirling blades or shield charge for movement? Hopefully SC with that movement flask.

Your jewels are decent - you can get better, but it's going to cost a lot for each of them.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
You say to use a level 2 empower with a +1 to gems Tabula... why only level 2 empower? You could go up to levels 3 and 4 and it would only make it stronger wouldn't it?
"
If you're going to use seething flasks, you might as well drop to Hallowed. They heal nearly the same amount, but they recharge MUCH faster.

Are you using whirling blades or shield charge for movement? Hopefully SC with that movement flask.

Your jewels are decent - you can get better, but it's going to cost a lot for each of them.

No I'm using WB, do you mean movement speed applies to SC but not WB ? Thank you very much for your input anyway.

EDIT: Ok just checked on the wiki, got it.
Last edited by rippmania on Oct 21, 2017, 5:18:31 PM
"
shotcaller77 wrote:
Btw tried and eventually suceeded finishing hall of grandmasters. A couple of times my T17 minions just got completely a@&raped

Several questions.

1. How did you deal with caustic arrow users like LibritanniaES?
2. Did you take the 20% chaos res for minions cluster?
3. How much chaos res did you yourself have?
4. Did you have Shaper's Realm open in Templar's lab for this?

Thanks
"
rotan wrote:
Sorry if this has been asked before, but will The Scourge with Culling Strike be a better option than a normal The Scourge?

it improves a bit your quality of life for sure, I personally bought one early in the league and costed me like 70 chaos, now I'm looking at the prices...starting from 3 exalted? really?
I suggest you to keep the corrupted Scourge as one of the very last upgrades, because bosses melt very fast anyway...
or if you have upgraded all your gear and are ready to waste some currency, it's better to buy a lot of Scourges and try to get the culling strike corruption yourself...those prices are ridicolous
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
rotan wrote:
Sorry if this has been asked before, but will The Scourge with Culling Strike be a better option than a normal The Scourge?
Marginal, unless you put your golem in there and he gets CS as well. Then his AOE attack could cull.

The thing is, our hits really don't matter. Most maps I don't bother doing ANYTHING other than run the map letting my spectres murder everything. I'll stop and cast Bone Offering if a harbinger pops up, because those packs take a few seconds to burn down.

Cool thanks!
dupe sorry
Last edited by rotan on Oct 21, 2017, 10:04:09 PM
"
Natt wrote:
"
hedonist wrote:
Same with the helmet slot, however I'm using
so my helm slot is also pretty much set in stone as well.

I'm disgusted, gz

cheers
This build is amazingly forgiving... let me share a recent experience.

I'm running Guardians for the map bonus, so corrupt rare. I'm running the wrong numbers for guardian killing, three Wikermen and a single Tukohama's Vanguard, but I've been doing decently well anyway. I've done 3/4, with only Phoenix left. I clear the map, and pop into the arena at the end.

I'm greeted by a Tormented Spirit taking cover behind Phoenix. My first thought is, well, it's a good thing I just leveled up, right? So what are the chances I can take this Phoenix down?

I figure I'd better save my flasks for when Phoenix is lower on health... this strategy nearly gets me killed in the first 3 seconds, as Phoenix hits me for 95% of my health right out of the gate. I pop a health flask, Rumi's, and start running around like the proverbial headless chicken, stopping occasionally to snap off a shot, or cast desecrate for bone offering. Luckily I carry 2 Rumi's, so I can stay at max block for quite a while.

I keep dodging around the arena for a couple minutes, my health fills back up and stays up, and eventually Phoenix goes down like a $2 wh... err... buckles like a cheap tent.

PSA: I highly recommend running guardian maps with 3 TVs, and carrying the flask appropriate to the guardian you are going up against. My example of carrying a lightning flask into Phoenix should not be tried by the faint of heart!

On the positive side, my AG is only level 19, in a +2 helm, with splash, life, and empower 3, and never was in danger. I didn't have to use convocation at all - although my stone golem gave up and had to be recast twice.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info