[3.7] Oro's Infernus | 1.9M Shaper DPS | 8k HP

5c rare ring is better than taming
"
mafiamighty wrote:
5c rare ring is better than taming

I've never looked at the ring before but PoB disagrees with that statement so I'm curious why you think the way you do.

I just plugged it into my guy real quick and it took a 45% elemental damage Opal ring with 5% attack speed to match the damage output on The Taming. If you don't need the life then there is no way a 5c ring or anything close to it matches the damage increase of Taming. Heck a 30% all resist ring with 25-30% elemental damage costs more than 5c.
Last edited by kan333 on Jan 26, 2018, 11:58:58 AM
No life, as or acc. As ive mentioned before this build have like 700% inc damage from passives so the best source of damage is attack speed (diminishing effect is very high on inc elem dmg already). Unless taming is 20c i wouldnt recommend it even as a placeholder. I dont have access to pob atm but im pretty sure that 7% as + ~300 acc would match dps of it (and if you get + added fire it would end up even on top of it)
"
mafiamighty wrote:
Unless taming is 20c i wouldnt recommend it even as a placeholder. I dont have access to pob atm but im pretty sure that 7% as + ~300 acc would match dps of it (and if you get + added fire it would end up even on top of it)

I loaded it up for reference on my build and a ring with 7% AS and perfect +400 ACC is 1.1% less damage than the taming. Now, what isn't shown is that 300-400 accuracy is going to up your chance to hit by 3-4% which means EO will proc more often. The small increase in proc rate should be enough to close the gap.

So yes then I do agree with you. You can absolutely find 6-7% AS, +300-350 Acc, Life + resist rings for 5c or less.

hmm, rather interesting that. But what if you run with resolute and acc doesn't matter?

Besides the large dps gains, I rely on the resistance the ring gives, and it gives a lot of it. Also of course since I run resolute I can run the AS golem instead of the ACC/Crit one. So the only thing I end up losing is a small amount of life for using the taming.

Mafiamighty, Update you Skill Tree, please.

Spoiler

http://poe.trade
Last edited by ForgottenKryos on Jan 26, 2018, 8:14:31 PM
Woops, just realised I had my characters hidden, unhid them now, and through testing with POB, even with 100% uptime of Elemental overload my dps is still less then resolute gives, but I am doing more dps then the pob link on the OP.

Seems sacking ACC on gear for max dps then going full 100% hit gives more + saves an extra passive point for you to spend elsewhere.
hey, im currently lvl 75 and im enjoying this build. but your my gear doesn't show any gear:?
mark for the next charactor
I am working on this build now, looking great. Which curse do you recommend if an additional curse can be added other than flammability?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info