[3.7] Oro's Infernus | 1.9M Shaper DPS | 8k HP

5 Link - Molten Strike - WED - Conc Effect - Chance to Ignite - Multistrike

6 Link - Molten Strike - WED - Conc Effect - Chance to Ignite - Multistrike - Fire Pen

You should be using at least 1 Wildfire jewel as well. If you find you prefer Molten Strike to Wild Strike for bosses, then there are a couple more things you can do when you do the end game bosses. That would be add in another Wildfire jewel and spec Point Blank.

Last edited by kan333 on Jan 19, 2018, 8:10:01 AM
What would you guys prefer for Lab helm enchant?

Ancestral Protector grants 18% AS or 40% WS damage
Got 36 and my portal effect so I'm about done for this league. I've killed shaper/uber/trio. Thought I'd share my opinion on some of the questions I've seen a lot of.

1.) Champion or Slayer?

I've respected between each one a couple of times to test. I feel that you can complete everything in the game with either one. That said I feel Slayer is a better choice primarily for two reasons. First, if you use a 20% quality Fortify gem linked to your leap slam you get 6 seconds of Fortify up time. For the most part this negates nearly all of the advantage of the Champion. You do lose out on Blood Magic and being able to leap slam for much longer. But 6 seconds is long enough to make refreshing easy.

The second benefit is that the extended leech duration just gives a better quality of life. Degen like bleed and ground effects are barely noticed compared to Champion. If you're attacking a boss and have to get away for whatever reason, you're still leeching as you're retreating compared to everything just stopping.

2.) Molten Strike as a single target?

Absolutely. I think once you get to a certain gear level it matters less for regular mapping but it is still better. First benefit is that it kills faster. Second benefit, which is the most important, is that the AoE allows you to position yourself drastically better during the harder fights like uber/shaper/trio.

You do need some investment into the skill though. You need at least 1 Wildfire jewel. You should really do 2 at end game so that you net no loss on AoE when using Concentrated Effect. Finally, I would definitely suggest using Point Blank on the skill tree if you want to do end game bosses. It is a nice DPS boost.

I did test switching to Molten Strike for map clearing as well. Ancestral Call, 2 Wildfire jewels, a Dying Sun and a +3 helm gave me 36 balls on the screen for mapping and 24 for bosses. I felt that it cleared a bit faster but I spec'd back. It lagged like crazy on things like Abyss openings. Also, since the balls have to come up and back down, you're running by things as they're dying. This meant that I had to stop and turn around to pick things up.

3.) What Enchants should I use?

For boots, if you want clear speed then it's add fire damage or attack speed if you've killed recently. The resist penetration is mostly not needed even when doing T15. If you are doing end game or guardians then you could opt for it. Note that it has a low roll chance compared to the other enchants.

For helm, I tested pretty much everything we would use. For mapping, I felt the 6x Wild Strike chain did the best overall. For bosses obviously is the +2/3 Molten Strike projectiles. If you can't afford one of those then 40% Molten Strike isn't that expensive. If you're someone who keeps their totem refreshed often then the 18% increased attack speed Ancestral Protect is probably the best compromise overall without being expensive. It has the most paper DPS compared to the others but you have to keep up the totem.

Resolute Technique?

Just a side note. Resolute Technique may not be much of a downgrade in terms of DPS. Using a reference accuracy of 87%, you need to have Elemental Overload up roughly 70% of the time to equal the DPS that RT gives. If you have low accuracy around 85% then you need it up roughly 75% of the time just to equal the same damage as RT. If you don't have flat accuracy on your gear you may want to think about it. The damage PoB shows for EO assumes it is up 100% of the time which obviously isn't accurate. You would make changes like this: https://pastebin.com/w0LdPvb2
Last edited by kan333 on Jan 21, 2018, 9:01:29 PM
Thanks a lot for these insights, I often go to your profil page to get ideas on how to finalize my build :)

On the last point you said RT is worth if you don't have accuracy on your items, but I see you don't have any, yet you took Elemental overload over RT, could you explain why ?

Question on the flask : why is the overflowing chalice good ? You don't gain any charges during it's effect, it kinda conflict with the "perma immortal call" of this build doesn't it ?
And you don't synergize with the charges gained from other flasks, so it's just for the consecrated ground, is it really worth ?
Did you tryhard to have the same resist on all ele for the wise oak, or just max fire resist ?

Thanks for your answers.
"
xTanorz wrote:

On the last point you said RT is worth if you don't have accuracy on your items, but I see you don't have any, yet you took Elemental overload over RT, could you explain why ?

I picked up a few more % accuracy nodes + 2 dex nodes going to Point Black than the OP originally did which put me at 87%. I've noticed others not going this path and sitting at 84-85%. I'd say if you're anything less than 87% then you should either consider the other nodes or just go RT. One small benefit of RT and the extra AS is that Leap Slam feels very nice. I did test both ways and reverted back to EO when I dumped the Molten Strike changes.

"
Question on the flask : why is the overflowing chalice good ? You don't gain any charges during it's effect, it kinda conflict with the "perma immortal call" of this build doesn't it ?
And you don't synergize with the charges gained from other flasks, so it's just for the consecrated ground, is it really worth ?

It's pretty much for the "100% increased Charges gained by Other Flasks during Flask Effect". Rotgut only has 1 charge. Without Chalice you are constantly waiting for it to fill up. So you lose not only damage but you're run speed if you're waiting. Plus the 40% increased damage from the flask closes the damage gap a bit between itself and other flasks.

"

Did you try hard to have the same resist on all ele for the wise oak, or just max fire resist ?

I won't say I tried hard but I did match my resists on purpose for Wise Oak. Believe it or not, I've sold better rings, belts and boots than I have on my guy because I wouldn't be able to match resists. I decided I was going to do it and stuck to it. Can't say if that was worth it or not but it didn't stop me from doing everything in the game.
"

It's pretty much for the "100% increased Charges gained by Other Flasks during Flask Effect". Rotgut only has 1 charge. Without Chalice you are constantly waiting for it to fill up. So you lose not only damage but you're run speed if you're waiting. Plus the 40% increased damage from the flask closes the damage gap a bit between itself and other flasks.

Ho yeah, I thought the charges were endurance/frenzy instead of flask charges, I feel dumb^^. It make much more sense now.

"

I picked up a few more % accuracy nodes + 2 dex nodes going to Point Black than the OP originally did which put me at 87%. I've noticed others not going this path and sitting at 84-85%. I'd say if you're anything less than 87% then you should either consider the other nodes or just go RT. One small benefit of RT and the extra AS is that Leap Slam feels very nice. I did test both ways and reverted back to EO when I dumped the Molten Strike changes.

Indeed I'm at 83% atm, gonna change that.

Thanks.
Anyone done any testing with Elementalist (the Witch Scion Ascenadancy) or the Pathfinder (raider) Instead of Slayer/Champ?

I've never run Champ so far because Slayers life leach is just the best. Plus, fortify one your leap/wild strike whatever and bam, replaces the need for champ.

But I do see that those other 2 choices give interesting options, Much much better flasks, or better elemental damage (Plus another Golem for more dps or tankiness, can just put the golem there instead of the totem, and put the totem elsewhere, so that you cast 2 golems on damage taken) and of course the large immunity to reflected elemental damage and even more elemental pierce?
Oh and btw, thanks for the tip on Resolute, its actually quite the dps gain for me, quite fun seeing Wild strike doing 80k dps before buffs/Fire pen ect are taken into account.

Main reason of course is me having only 81% chance to hit, soon as I get that up to at least 90% will def swap back to the other notable.
Last edited by Goremise on Jan 25, 2018, 4:54:34 AM
can i changed both of my ring to
?
"
SGUxRei wrote:
can i changed both of my ring to
?

One of my rings is the Taming, the other has to be Moko's

Try fighting without it on, you notice straight away that you are not being ignited. The dps gains we get for being ignited are way too worth it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info