I like life builds, but man I miss seeing build diversity.

"
pannra wrote:
"Simple yes or no question: You find 20K ES, insta leech with 4 mill dps okay?"

Fuck GGG for creating this goddamn meme.

Simple question: how many players had 20k es, insta leech and 4 mil dps?

I am waiting
"
shaunika90 wrote:
"

I mean, they clearly don't have a problem with instant leech, since it still works with HP, and you can still get like 14k life if you have top end gear and use Kaoms.

i genuinely wonder how i could literally triple my raider's HP who's already sitting in over 20ex worth of gear with belly, hp on every item (except helm, if i swap helms i gain like 400 hp tops)

i mean im sure some build somewhere with tons of cash CAN get 14k hp

but that's about as commonplace and sensible to do as those so called "30k energy shield builds with good balance of offense and defense"

so dont talk about 14k life as something everybody runs cos i bet most people (even above level 90) dont have half that

whereas my howa last season had 10k energy shield with the same(ish) gear and the same level with a grand total of 3(!!!!!) energy shield points spent

my raider is now in 6200 hp, with 27 life nodes that's 7 times as many points for barely more than half the hp

I have every right to mention 14k Hp just as everyone has the right to mention 20k ES. While it is only a fraction of the population who can reach those numbers, that's exactly why it was nerfed in the first place. GG nerfs the outliers, not the low level people that have average gear.
"
andreicde wrote:
"
pannra wrote:
"Simple yes or no question: You find 20K ES, insta leech with 4 mill dps okay?"

Fuck GGG for creating this goddamn meme.

Simple question: how many players had 20k es, insta leech and 4 mil dps?

I am waiting

I made a Guardian Low Life RF build in last league. I invested approx 100 ex into him. The most I've ever spent on a character. The gear was sweeeeet man.

I had like 18k ES and was RF/Scorching ray like I said.

If I wanted to go one of the builds that had 4 mil DPS it'd be probbaly some Blade FLurry/BV poison/bleed thing and it would have cost four times as much currency most likely. The weapons for those builds were insanely expensive.

So even though I didn't make his statement, I can answer for you. The answer is : Not fucking many, lol.

Dude exaggerates.
"
raics wrote:
"
pneuma wrote:
Still waiting for the day when I can make a Mara/Duelist/Ranger summoner that isn't a complete joke and/or hamstringing myself. GGG cares for that about as much as they care for making ES a balanced build choice.

Champion has the best shot on that, I think, though it would have to be tanky so you can utilize those taunt bonuses.

I tried making a Champion {BF CWC AnimateWeapon} build this league. It's... rough. Not irredeemable, but it's a far cry from a vanilla casting summoner, and making that as a Champ is strictly worse than doing it with a Necro.

Anyway, digressions. :P
"
ED occultist still kick ass tho getting 12k ES isnt even hard

ES went from being an option for any type of build or skill, to basically 3 builds played with same 2 classes.

That's just reducing build diversity and options available to players. I dont see how that's a good thing, personally.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Aug 23, 2017, 3:57:39 AM
"
toyotatundra wrote:
ES went from being an option for any type of build or skill, to basically 3 builds played with same 2 classes.

That's just reducing build diversity and options available to players. I dont see how that's a good thing, personally.

Well, we have to ask yourself first how different was playing ES from playing life, if there was little to no difference there was no diversity in the first place.

Hybrid life/ES is something else, though, you have to split your sustain and there's another pool to keep an eye on, but CI or LL? Nah, pretty much the same as life.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:

Well, we have to ask yourself first how different was playing ES from playing life, if there was little to no difference there was no diversity in the first place.

Last league you did have an option. Life also served as a cheap alternative, last league I was a life build. It was dirt cheap and it worked. Now that option is removed, and that is where the reduced diversity comes from. ES now only for niche builds, there is no option. If you want to play build X or Y, it's life and life only. I cant make an ES build with skill X even if wanted to, even if it would be subpar compared to life version. Cant do it. Unless it's ED or something like that, I mean.

Also, there is another problem - ES gear is where we had the crafting mini-games, you picked up ilvl gear and we all crafted them. Spend countless chaos rolling Vaal Regalia, exalt it and when you dont hit that T1 hybrid, do it all over again. With life gear, I have no intention of crafting anything, not spending even 1 chaos on it. Removed all ilvl gear from my filter too. Gear progression too, you always looked for slightly better gear. With life, are you picking up and crafting any rares next to Kaoms, Belly, QoTF or Carcass? Me neither. Life gear is nice for unid chaos recipe. That's it. Nice game.

So, for me at least, game did become less diverse and more shallow.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Aug 23, 2017, 4:47:02 AM
So many mad people that can't facetank everything now. I hope they also remove VP and leave ES untouched.

"DIVERSITY DIVERSITY". Is it diversity you cry about or you miss 2134312425312 offensive nodes while walking around with 10k es,or even 15k and facetanking everything?.

Come at me with your stupid walls of text,i know EXACTLY why you cry about ES,and its NOT diversity.
Sure, can't make an ES version of build X but is that even a problem if it plays 90% the same as life? If something that explicitly depends on ES, like low life, became impossible that's a legit loss, otherwise probably not so much. I'd like them to put some effort into making it distinct instead of a direct competitor.

"
toyotatundra wrote:
Also, there is another problem - ES gear is where we had the crafting mini-games, you picked up ilvl gear and we all crafted them. Spend countless chaos rolling Vaal Regalia, exalt it and when you dont hit that T1 hybrid, do it all over again. With life gear, I have no intention of crafting anything, not spending even 1 chaos on it. Removed all ilvl gear from my filter too. Gear progression too, you always looked for slightly better gear. With life, are you picking up and crafting any rares next to Kaoms, Belly, QoTF or Carcass? Me neither. Life gear is nice for unid chaos recipe. That's it. Nice game.

So, for me at least, game did become less diverse and more shallow.

I do recognize the impact to economy, though it was honestly kinda ridiculous these past few leagues, ES gear was liquid as hell and life market was a bit stagnant.

Maye it's better if no segment of crafting functions than just a small part of it, there's a greater chance they'll recognize something is wrong.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Aug 23, 2017, 4:59:56 AM
Hey,

I would also like to contribute something.

The problem ES vs life or both is based on the stats and playstyle you would like to play. Some skills, and/or some items cant played with strength, or int or dex.. so you need to change some passive points or try to reach some special notes in the tree and see that you cant push life or es at this area. so you try to investigate in mechanics like ci, lowlife to push e.g. spelldamage.

Try to play a spellcaster at a duelist Slayer. No? Cant work? But Why, i love the Culling and or other special mechanic on that class, so need to got Scion for a hybried... ok ok.. less effect in this special mechanic (20 culling lost) to get something else?.. mhm maybe work but thats not what i want to play.

The Problem isnt the big tree to reach that spots, its the point that str = life and int = es and the defence mechanic in that game with onehits from mops.

I like that fact that life can leech instant, es dont, but if you want to play a special build/skill and you cant push lifenotes in the passive and your items are all base es, you need to go life/es or pure es. thats fact. and when you go these way you lost the ability to go life with instant leech. some builds need that to work. if 100% was the playabe build variante in pre 3.0, then they destroy 60% of that playabe builds, (instant near all es, some DoT builds that dosnet matter if es or life..) and creat 2-5% of some new shit (with some new skills)

What if they createt only the new skills, then the playable builds will increased easy by 20-30% with that new skills and dot/es possibilits to a total of 120%. Now we have 45% and thats not realy a choise vs pre 3.0

I love changes, i love something new and old things be adjusted, but destroy some mechanics and dont have the freedom to choise es or life isnt ogood.

all builds must work for life, and some special for only es. dont let it be i cant go life i need to go es is a wrong path. I hope that they change this in the future

Sorry for my english
Last edited by SiegfriedXX on Aug 23, 2017, 6:18:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info