I like life builds, but man I miss seeing build diversity.

Ah yes exactly, it is almost if it was intended to have perks on fields where you specialize if your ascendancy is supporting it, wonder why people don't play RT ele bow inquisitor or VP righteous fire with hybrid life/es.

Regen/recharge builds are still as strong as ever except they lost some of their pool to work with and still having 50% curse effect on enfeeble/temp chains with approx 10 passive point investment and quality on blasphemy makes them reliable enough againyt the smg they take even from bosses but ofc I am almost 100% sure you did not even know those nodes exists.

I always play a wide variety of build every league, life and ES alike.

Also people forgetting, that CI makes them chaos immune, like if it was not a big deal, the vaal flower vases deal 40% of their dmg as chaos and are by far one of the most dangerous mobs in the game, as well as you can ignore poison mapmods and desecrated ground.

I am sorry your friends can't play 15k ES ci dw poison bladeflurry champion anymore on std, oh wait chances are high they still have their legacy gear, no VP anymore, but you know other builds do exist, that can use that gear and this is not the only time something was nerfed and made certain build combinations suboptimal or useless, have to move on and play a different build, free respecs are there for a reason.

"
krenderke wrote:
Ah yes exactly, it is almost if it was intended to have perks on fields where you specialize if your ascendancy is supporting it, wonder why people don't play RT ele bow inquisitor or VP righteous fire with hybrid life/es.

Regen/recharge builds are still as strong as ever except they lost some of their pool to work with and still having 50% curse effect on enfeeble/temp chains with approx 10 passive point investment and quality on blasphemy makes them reliable enough againyt the smg they take even from bosses but ofc I am almost 100% sure you did not even know those nodes exists.

I always play a wide variety of build every league, life and ES alike.

Also people forgetting, that CI makes them chaos immune, like if it was not a big deal, the vaal flower vases deal 40% of their dmg as chaos and are by far one of the most dangerous mobs in the game, as well as you can ignore poison mapmods and desecrated ground.

I am sorry your friends can't play 15k ES ci dw poison bladeflurry champion anymore on std, oh wait chances are high they still have their legacy gear, no VP anymore, but you know other builds do exist, that can use that gear and this is not the only time something was nerfed and made certain build combinations suboptimal or useless, have to move on and play a different build, free respecs are there for a reason.

Chaos damage was never threatening in the first place unless your build was completely garbage people took ES because of the 15% more ES node.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Bone2flesh wrote:

However the issue is actually the fact that those number were obtainable in the first place. It should not be practically possible to break the game like that. It kills the game eventually and GGG wants to prevent that. Who would have thought.

You want to know why it's an issue?

Because the community is made of sheep who follow the 0.1% you mentioned and the majority of people went ES because with enough play time and effort YOU could potentially at some point break the game.

Want proof? The 0.1% deemed ES unusable and went life (something I played from day 1 POE launch exclusively) while life had no chnage. Check the boards and see how 80% of people now are life. WHOOHOOO for having a god dam brain of your own.

ES is first of all not neutered. You picked on everything in my post that you could argues with (poorly) except the examples of viable CI and low life in it's actual state that can beat the game.

What it is however now is simply not the best choice in the game. That is literally increasing the choice pool of builds. People go mainly life now BUT mark my words once the 0.1 % get bored and try ES again and deem it viable the sheep will follow.

Blinded by jealousy? Play style I don't understand? I know the game well and have had enough currency in Standard to have one of the 20K ES builds. Just that some of the my wealth is on some friends accounts who like to mess in standard: a few legacy Kaom's, a 6L Legacy Shav etc. But I kid you not I could have at any time had a build like that. I just don't enjoy cheesy bullshit that is inevitably getting nerfed. I am surprised it took so long.

I love life builds, I only played life since day 1 and will continue to play them regardless of the state of ES. All this drama is however really really making me want to play a end game CI just to slam you Negative Nancy's in the face with it. I know people proved to you people it's viable and they are just disregarded, but it would be satisfying for me to do it.

Also thank you for making my point. You should not be able to reach 12K ES as an average player when an exceptionally well geared player could reach 9k HP. The very definition of poor balanced again. Congratulations: you played yourself.

Also even if I were to go on your silly premise of balancing around the 1%, wan't POE presented as a game for the hardcore players? That actually implies they balance around what those players can do with the game. Anyway it's not the case as I eloquently made my point above.

Okay so now that 1% of the player base has 14K life we'll see how that fairs out. Make your fucking CI end game build. I'll wait for the videos.

How is it unhealthy for a game when less than 1% of 1% of the player base break the game. You know a large majority of players don't even fucking make it to maps right?

If it kills the game eventually...why the fuck is the game not dead years later? People ahve been trivializing this game for years now... all of the sudden the game is going to die?

Fucking ludicrous thinking of extremes.

I also know that 1 point of ES < 1 point of life every day all of the time. I had a 6K life marauder last league that SMASHED all of end game content without blinking. Better than my 10K ES assassin...did I go making posts and crying about how life is OP?

No because I understand what it takes in terms of gearing and build decisions to make a survivable character in end game.

People crying and bitching about ES do it in a silo. They just want to cry to cry.

I don't give a shit about your wealth, mate.

Life got massive fucking buffs JUST like ES. You thing ascendanies like Slayer and Berserker have just been there since 1.0??? Those are fucking buffs.

The only reason people all shifted to life is because of Vaal Pact. It's really that simple. There is no fucking damage balancing in this game and surviving even with layered defenses sucks fucking ass in this game.

Defenses are meaningless when everything one shots...so everyone moved to Life. It's that simple... it's not about having a brain...it's about coming to the natural conclusion that you could run 5 curses, 2 defensive auras and stack evasion AND STILL die in a split second to some imbalanced horseshit in a map.

EDIT: I'll be waiting for that GG CI build of yours. Also do me a favor... don't show the viability of the build on a highly mechanical fight like Shaper. Do some T15/T16 corrupted maps with more monster life, crit, min max stuff. THE REAL END GAME. Please also post a picture of your /deaths. If you can't do any of this than shut up already about your fake knowledge.
Last edited by Prizy on Aug 22, 2017, 12:37:57 PM
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
They never make a serious effort at balance ever. Its ALWAYS a meta shift.

ya exactly.

Are you playing es now? No? Well that was exactly what they were trying to achieve so as far as they are concerned its job done. if you think the game is worse off as a result then ggg will disagree as they have some kind of retarded delusion that this is a good way to manipulate the player base and we obviously 'just dont get it' no doubt.

"
shaunika90 wrote:

i mean im sure some build somewhere with tons of cash CAN get 14k hp

the 14k life build I think that guy was talking about uses a legacy kaoms heart that only exists in standard and is an iron will spellcaster that basically gets about 3 damage nodes and then just stacks life and strength on all gear wearing mirrored t1 life + t1 strength type items in most slots from what I recall.

In other words for the purpose of discussing game balance it doesnt exist.

"

What is it like almost 500c for a Kaom's now? If you dont' see that as a problem or indication of poor game balance I don't know what to even tell you.

I dunno man I think if thats considered the bis unique chest of the game right now thats cheap to me. Last time that was the situation they were 30 exalts, and then shavs became the number 1 chase chest and it was 75 exalts unlinked.
"
pneuma wrote:
"
Completely fucking ridiculous. Pray tell... since when was it okay in POE for any specific ascendancy/class be the "best" option for something? It's okay for ES builds to get pigeonholed?

Necromancer for all varieties of summoner.

The minion damage% from the ascendancy tree cannot be matched. It's frustrating.

Funny because my elementalist Golemancer was much stronger than any of my necro characters.
"

Chaos damage was never threatening in the first place unless your build was completely garbage people took ES because of the 15% more ES node.

Total immunity to a type of damage is a big advantage regardless of what twist you want to put on it to poorly try to make a point.

There are maps where a cluster of those vaal construct mob types can literally one shot a 8k+ HP character with the right mods. You can't claim that immunity to something like that is nothing. Don't be ignorant.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
"

Total immunity to a type of damage is a big advantage regardless of what twist you want to put on it to poorly try to make a point.

There are maps where a cluster of those vaal construct mob types can literally one shot a 8k+ HP character with the right mods. You can't claim that immunity to something like that is nothing. Don't be ignorant.

It really isn't a big deal unless your build as I stated was terrible chaos damage was not threatening enough.

Unless you have the experience as I do etc you can't counter me because I highly doubt you've done over 1000+ T16's etc with the most deadly mods out there.

Why do you think nobody is CI right now in the 95 bracket+ Hell like a couple CI at 90s bracket using poestats? Because it's garbage and nobody was threatened chaos that's a key factor in it stats show it as it is, You would have to be an idiot to actually legitly die to a cluster of vaal arrowhead things.

In addition http://pathofstats.com/passives?liga=Harbinger&level=95+-+100 look right here and you can even look it the lower brackets how many are CI?

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Aug 22, 2017, 12:55:09 PM
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
"

Exactly and on top of that, every keystone has some sort of tradeoff, the old CI one did not have any, other than preventing RF and life reservation, and actually rewarding you for taking it with a more multiplier, it is effectively what BM would be without removing your mana, but still granting you reservation bonuses, and dont get me started on what was the tradeoff in taking GR and VP, because there wasn't any.

"

Unless you have the experience as I do etc you can't counter me because I highly doubt you've done over 1000+ T16's etc with the most deadly mods out there.

I always thought of you as a top shitposter on the forum next to Labscalibure, sure I would love to have that experience, but this is not a shitpost thread.
Last edited by krenderke on Aug 22, 2017, 12:59:27 PM
"
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
"

It really isn't a big deal unless your build as I stated was terrible chaos damage was not threatening enough.

Why do you think nobody is CI right now in the 95 bracket+ Hell like a couple CI at 90s bracket using poestats? Because it's garbage and nobody was threatened chaos that's a key factor in it stats show it as it is, You would have to be an idiot to actually legitly die to a cluster of vaal arrowhead things.

In addition http://pathofstats.com/passives?liga=Harbinger&level=95+-+100 look right here and you can even look it the lower brackets how many are CI?

Well not everyone is "perfect" like you and NOT everyone has the time to play your claim 1000's of T16 with the deadliest mods like you do. And simply because you did that with all your cookie cutter builds (let me guess ES?) does not make you an expert. It just makes you another sheep in the pool of meta babies. You prove my point simply because you are in every complaint thread about the ES nerfs.

I already explained in several replied why there are not so many people RIGHT NOW in the brackets as CI. People are mindless sheep who follow the 0.1 %. The 0.1% now has gone to life because they THINK ES is totally unplayable. It's just not game breaking anymore with stupid values for little investment. With time the no lifers who have the time to play will be bored and try other builds and CI will come at a steady level of popularity close to life.

You may think you have some sort of special insight but in fact you are just a person with a lot of time on his hands to play a game and post on a forum. You have no clue of how evolutionary trends work, cause and effect mechanics and their impact on the dynamics of most things in life: in this case a gaming community.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
I prefer meaningful choices over "build variety" myself, they just need to make ES a bit more of a meaningful choice without making it the only choice again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info