[3.0] White Wand Shaper Kill **The Retchid Wander** Slayer+Raider - Proof of Concept/Build Guide

OP said he was going to post a mapping video, did he post it somewhere I don't see it.
"
OP said he was going to post a mapping video, did he post it somewhere I don't see it.

I recorded a couple videos and uploaded them to twitch. the quality is shit, trying to figure out a better way. this is my first time editting and uploading videos. sorry. Learning as I go, trying to figure out how to get better quality upload like the Gif. Using OBS video recording if any1 has tips PM me.

Added Shaped Dunes + Shaped Race Course video as test.

/e i uploaded at shit res, reuploading 1920 res videos.

"
angryteen wrote:
"
Nah no adjustments really. Just save flasks for split phase if possible. Maybe vaal grace instead of taunt totem.

Works great. Surprisingly smooth for Uber Atziri, only prone to dying at trio last guy when out of flasks (usually down the first 2 during first 8 seconds). Around 9 runs down so far, still no gloves though, feelsbadman.

Thanks for the build OP, easily my fave build this league.

Hell yeah man glad your enjoying it! This was my first build guide and is super cool people are trying it and enjoying it. Thanks!
LocK
Last edited by SticKyGreeNzlNY on Oct 5, 2017, 2:50:15 PM
Hey..Im leveling my ascendant..currently at 63....but I think I'm not leeching enough for the retch belt to proc..can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? here's a link to my PoB: https://pastebin.com/7yQVHd6D thanks a bunch...
Looks extra interesting, how does the build feel about t14-15 clearspeed?
"
Mandalorium wrote:
Hey..Im leveling my ascendant..currently at 63....but I think I'm not leeching enough for the retch belt to proc..can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? here's a link to my PoB: https://pastebin.com/7yQVHd6D thanks a bunch...

Will answer when I can look at your PoB. Off the bat though ur question doesn't make much sense. Re-read the guide and make sure you know the mechanics if how the build works.

"
im666im666 wrote:
Looks extra interesting, how does the build feel about t14-15 clearspeed?

It functions the same. Kill things in 1 KB and destroy the boss with a barrage or 2. Really not much difference, only thing that's annoying is multi phase boss fights like Malachai or Daresso cuz u simply can't run up and pop them in 1 flask. Will get more videos.
LocK
Last edited by SticKyGreeNzlNY on Oct 6, 2017, 8:09:58 AM
Awesome stuff, thanks, can you give some levelling tips and milestones? Just rolled a fresh scion on std (have access to any gear required)
can you clear fast red maps with 4L KB and with average 1-10ex items? want to see videos
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
"
"
Mandalorium wrote:

"
Will answer when I can look at your PoB. Off the bat though ur question doesn't make much sense. Re-read the guide and make sure you know the mechanics if how the build works.

I understand that the retch will deal damage endlessly as chaos damage due to the slayer ascendant...my question regards with my barrage not seeming to insta-leech even with VP..I really have no idea why that is tho? Barrage is an attack skill ergo it should insta-leech with VP (right?)...anyway ATM KB is doing fine for life-gain coz it hits alot of mobs so it helps me survive, I just wanna understand why barrage isn't leeching correctly for me..I think I'm doing something wrong..or there is an interaction between VP and barrage that I do not know.
"
Mandalorium wrote:
"
"
Mandalorium wrote:

"

I understand that the retch will deal damage endlessly as chaos damage due to the slayer ascendant...my question regards with my barrage not seeming to insta-leech even with VP..I really have no idea why that is tho? Barrage is an attack skill ergo it should insta-leech with VP (right?)...anyway ATM KB is doing fine for life-gain coz it hits alot of mobs so it helps me survive, I just wanna understand why barrage isn't leeching correctly for me..I think I'm doing something wrong..or there is an interaction between VP and barrage that I do not know.

I looked at your char. There is nothing wrong with barrage and VP interaction. Retch damage/ slayer leech scales off your damage done and amount leeched. So the bigger your damage the more noticeable it is, it is an endgame setup.

You simply dont have enough Barrage damage at this point for VP to be effective, being level 70+, wrong prioritization of passive tree, no point blank etc, underleveled gems, 5L chest etc, and incorrect gem links for barrage, and no raider ascendancy, no dying sun etc

-on a 5L ill go barrage>WED>elemental focus>lightning penetration>added lightning. We are not pathfinders so we dont need increased crit. light pen>>> increased crit in damage. Get a 6L asap and add slowe proj

-unspec all crit nodes and path southward, grab point blank ASAP its a 50 percent damage straight boost to barrage and KB. Grab primeval force. You dont have enough base dmg for crit nodes to be any effective, leave all crit nodes till last.

-do your labs and get raider ASAP. auto frenzy and onslaught on rares and bosses is huge dps boost for barrage. In fact if you ask me ill get raider before slayer.

-prioritise getting a dying sun, its another straight 50 percent damage boost to Barrage.

-drop herald of ice for herald of thunder, we only scale lightning damage on vintars/retch. add Bloodrage as it is a big DPS boost/ speed for mapping

-at this point you shd be fine, if u feel squishy still especially with vinktars down, path towards gladiator from point blank and grab a couple more leech nodes. Unspec them when you feel u do enough damage to just have 0.4 leech.

Last edited by angryteen on Oct 7, 2017, 3:12:56 PM
"
I looked at your char. There is nothing wrong with barrage and VP interaction. Retch damage/ slayer leech scales off your damage done and amount leeched. So the bigger your damage the more noticeable it is, it is an endgame setup.

You simply dont have enough Barrage damage at this point for VP to be effective, being level 70+, wrong prioritization of passive tree, no point blank etc, underleveled gems, 5L chest etc, and incorrect gem links for barrage, and no raider ascendancy, no dying sun etc

-on a 5L ill go barrage>WED>elemental focus>lightning penetration>added lightning. We are not pathfinders so we dont need increased crit. light pen>>> increased crit in damage. Get a 6L asap and add slowe proj

-unspec all crit nodes and path southward, grab point blank ASAP its a 50 percent damage straight boost to barrage and KB. Grab primeval force. You dont have enough base dmg for crit nodes to be any effective, leave all crit nodes till last.

-do your labs and get raider ASAP. auto frenzy and onslaught on rares and bosses is huge dps boost for barrage. In fact if you ask me ill get raider before slayer.

-prioritise getting a dying sun, its another straight 50 percent damage boost to Barrage.

-drop herald of ice for herald of thunder, we only scale lightning damage on vintars/retch. add Bloodrage as it is a big DPS boost/ speed for mapping

-at this point you shd be fine, if u feel squishy still especially with vinktars down, path towards gladiator from point blank and grab a couple more leech nodes. Unspec them when you feel u do enough damage to just have 0.4 leech.

SWEET...thanks a bunch man...I was completely lost...this just helps put me in perspective...thanks so much...now I get it
Last edited by Mandalorium on Oct 7, 2017, 8:23:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info