[3.0] White Wand Shaper Kill **The Retchid Wander** Slayer+Raider - Proof of Concept/Build Guide

Hi Love the build..gonna try it out soon. Noob question tho...this is my first time doing a scion ascendant and I noticed your tree heavily invests on the raider start point and IIRC you only get the option to start on another class' start point after uber lab...so my question is this(more of a request lol) if it isn't much can u maybe...detail the tree pathing for like every 10 levels so that I can follow how u went from the scion tree and then upto the heavily invested raider part...more like a progression of some sort, when and where to spec/respec...bcoz my initial take was to level up until uberlab with just the points on your scion start and hold off on placing points on the tree until i get the ranger start(the more I repeat it the more insane it sounds in my head). I am mainly referring to the 201% tree. Thanks for the awesome build.
"
angryteen wrote:
"
If you can link your gear I can give a better evaluation. But the train of thought is Barrage dps will help the most with bosses. You want to get to the point where You kill them in 1 flask use to reduce the sketchyness of the fight. So without knowing you gear, I would have to say Barrage enchant > Acuity. Basically everything else > Acuity. Acuity is like icing on the cake more than a mandatory item. Maybe in a HC scenario I would go the 200% Life tree and prioritize Acuity higher because it adds a lot of safety. Or maybe trying to push high level and you don't wna die. Then Aucity might take president, but really You wna get that Barrage damage up, it really makes everything else fall in line.

Thanks for the thorough response. I bought a 2 barrage rare helm for cheap, swapped from life/ias/ res rare gripped gloves to thunderfists for a litte more DPS for barrage and KB, though i feel a tad squishier.

Heres my gear. What adjustments will u recommend?

Jewels are 3 mods dps/life/res

Life:5.1k
Resists: capped with Biscos
Barrage tooltip dps (with dps amulet, at HO only with Golem, Wrath, HoT): 67k

Your gear honestly looks pretty good. My only real suggestion could be maybe try and pull more Life from your rares. I prioritized life over dps on my gear because I get so little from the tree. As you can see from my rares I wanted t1 on all pieces rather than super crazy dps items. This might be more personal preference. So maybe try and pull more Life from rares also for more dps go the atk Vinktars. Which you chose to prioritize is up to you and your budget, but personally high life rolls on rares I would go for. Once you hit 5.5k+ it may start to feel a little safer.

Also make sure you fill out all the Life nodes in the tree if following the lower life variant first b4 you start prioritizing dps. You prob did this already but figured I'd throw it out there.

"
Mandalorium wrote:
Hi Love the build..gonna try it out soon. Noob question tho...this is my first time doing a scion ascendant and I noticed your tree heavily invests on the raider start point and IIRC you only get the option to start on another class' start point after uber lab...so my question is this(more of a request lol) if it isn't much can u maybe...detail the tree pathing for like every 10 levels so that I can follow how u went from the scion tree and then upto the heavily invested raider part...more like a progression of some sort, when and where to spec/respec...bcoz my initial take was to level up until uberlab with just the points on your scion start and hold off on placing points on the tree until i get the ranger start(the more I repeat it the more insane it sounds in my head). I am mainly referring to the 201% tree. Thanks for the awesome build.

I'm on my phone atm so can't post a tree. But I will make one for you when I get home.

Basically what I did was I just connected scion to ranger through the Vaal pact pathing. Then when I did lab, I just regretted the points after the crit at scion to the jewel slot. At the time I was still Vaal pact and it should only be like 3-4 regrets. I will say leveling this build isn't the best experience, it's not like sunder where it's super easy. It is kind of aids, I suggest to just power through it and get to that Piscator at 68 and swap from what you used to level to KB/Barrage.

Hope this helps a little. Again when I get home and able to look at PoB I will add a comment with a tree. The 201% tree may differ slightly then what I'm remembering off my head. lol sorry long work day.

/e something like this https://pastebin.com/zKZKXUEC - then just respec the nodes between True Strike and Vaal Pact.
LocK
Last edited by SticKyGreeNzlNY on Sep 30, 2017, 9:32:52 AM
I'm currently playing a scion with Ice Shot/Barrage, I love the single target and the clearing speed is good too but I feel like maybe Kinetic blast could be better. Will you upload a video of you clearing a map at some point? Would be nice to compare. I'm using Acuity + Retch with the same ascendancies as you so switching over wouldnt be too difficult :)
"
Your gear honestly looks pretty good. My only real suggestion could be maybe try and pull more Life from your rares. I prioritized life over dps on my gear because I get so little from the tree. As you can see from my rares I wanted t1 on all pieces rather than super crazy dps items. This might be more personal preference. So maybe try and pull more Life from rares also for more dps go the atk Vinktars. Which you chose to prioritize is up to you and your budget, but personally high life rolls on rares I would go for. Once you hit 5.5k+ it may start to feel a little safer.

Ah! I had 30% life missing from tree. Took out 6 points from extra frenzy charges and crit nodes and fully specced out the life nodes. Sitting at 5.6k life, 63k barrage no flasks now, and yes you are right it feels much better. Cant really feel the 2 missing frenzy stacks as well.

Would you say Damage on Full Life link on Barrage is only good with Acuity vs Slower Projectiles? I am noticing i dont maintain full life most of the time on bosses, with bloodrage degen, stuff hitting me etc.

Gonna spend some time grinding uber atziri for the damned gloves. Do you recommend any gem adjustment for her?
Last edited by angryteen on Sep 30, 2017, 3:08:51 PM
"
angryteen wrote:
"

Ah! I had 30% life missing from tree. Took out 6 points from extra frenzy charges and crit nodes and fully specced out the life nodes. Sitting at 5.6k life, 63k barrage no flasks now, and yes you are right it feels much better. Cant really feel the 2 missing frenzy stacks as well.

Would you say Damage on Full Life link on Barrage is only good with Acuity vs Slower Projectiles? I am noticing i dont maintain full life most of the time on bosses, with bloodrage degen, stuff hitting me etc.

Gonna spend some time grinding uber atziri for the damned gloves. Do you recommend any gem adjustment for her?

Yeah I used Slower Proj until I got Acuity then swapped to Damage on Full Life.

Nah no adjustments really. Just save flasks for split phase if possible. Maybe vaal grace instead of taunt totem.
LocK
Does the damage on full life support really work with blood rage? When I use blood rage Im never at full hp, even when im attacking and leeching with acuity's. It gets really close to full but not actually full according to the hp bar. Also, am I missing some regen? I lose hp (kinda slowly) with blood rage up when im not leeching
"
ariwat wrote:
Does the damage on full life support really work with blood rage? When I use blood rage Im never at full hp, even when im attacking and leeching with acuity's. It gets really close to full but not actually full according to the hp bar. Also, am I missing some regen? I lose hp (kinda slowly) with blood rage up when im not leeching

Yes DoFL works with Blood Rage. You should sustain BR fine, when I use my vinktar while mapping I have a good 4-6second buffer of slayer leech over time going where I stay full life with BR going. My passive tree pathing doesn't get enough regen to sustain BR by itself, its
Mostly about clearing fast to keep your leech going and the leech over time from non crits with Acuity which is the only
Reason I say it's BiS because of that QoL it adds.

If you are running Vaal Pact w/o Acuity use Slower Proj instead of Damage on Full Life.
LocK
"
"
ariwat wrote:

Yes DoFL works with Blood Rage. You should sustain BR fine, when I use my vinktar while mapping I have a good 4-6second buffer of slayer leech over time going where I stay full life with BR going. My passive tree pathing doesn't get enough regen to sustain BR by itself, its
Mostly about clearing fast to keep your leech going and the leech over time from non crits with Acuity which is the only

If you are running Vaal Pact w/o Acuity use Slower Proj instead of Damage on Full Life.

Okay thanks! I'll be getting my vinktar's today so maybe that'll help. With Acuity + Retch its difficult for me to keep at full life. Is there any other skill gem that could replace DoFL without loosing too much dps? Or maybe switching BR to something else?
Last edited by ariwat on Oct 3, 2017, 9:55:16 AM
"
ariwat wrote:
"
"
ariwat wrote:

Okay thanks! I'll be getting my vinktar's today so maybe that'll help. With Acuity + Retch its difficult for me to keep at full life. Is there any other skill gem that could replace DoFL without loosing too much dps? Or maybe switching BR to something else?

I said it in above post.. swap Slower proj for DoFL if you run Vaal Pact.
LocK
"
Nah no adjustments really. Just save flasks for split phase if possible. Maybe vaal grace instead of taunt totem.

Works great. Surprisingly smooth for Uber Atziri, only prone to dying at trio last guy when out of flasks (usually down the first 2 during first 8 seconds). Around 9 runs down so far, still no gloves though, feelsbadman.

Thanks for the build OP, easily my fave build this league.
Last edited by angryteen on Oct 4, 2017, 2:32:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info