[3.0] White Wand Shaper Kill **The Retchid Wander** Slayer+Raider - Proof of Concept/Build Guide

"
datbabykilla wrote:
Weapon Swap

and orb of storms + power charge on crit.

This build is really insane damage. I've played a Pathfinder and sometimes Raider Wander up until 95 and have about 100 shaper kills on him. This build out Damages him by a lot with the same amount of life. I also have about the same Shaper dps as the Pathfinder version (about 4.4 million), but that's before the Retch's damage was calculated in. I went with Slayer-Deadeye though instead of Raider. I found that Deadeye suits my taste a lot more and it's extremely nice having Increased Critical Strikes instead of Pierce for KB. I think the extra projectile makes single target barrage DPS similar as well.

Thanks for feed back, I originally did go with deadeye b/c of the pierce for KB+additional arrow when I was theorycrafting it pre 3.0. But I wanted to have good mapping capabilities and the movespeed is too juicy, also the Barrage dps with deadeye is comparable but it's definitely not as high as raider when you count frenzies+onslaught. Deadeye might pull ahead if you don't have all forms of additional proj(DS/Enchant).

And yeah weapon swap for PC, Orb of storms is not needed, shaper dies is <10seconds. The PC weapon swap is really just there to pass the time while shaper talks about his life story and to pad dps numbers(for you bullshit build guy). Can be used b4 non phase guards aswell if you wanted or any non phase sketchy moments where you wna be in and out in 1 flask use like Uber trio or Vaal temple.

As of now I havnt been playing harbinger and will prob liquidate my Scion and gamble, so updates to this guide will slow down. Though I'll prob play it next league and at that point will continue to update the build+add more videos+refine gearing/approaches to the build. Until then GL and Enjoy.
LocK
Last edited by SticKyGreeNzlNY on Nov 2, 2017, 7:12:56 AM
"
"
datbabykilla wrote:
Weapon Swap

This build is really insane damage. I've played a Pathfinder and sometimes Raider Wander up until 95 and have about 100 shaper kills on him. This build out Damages him by a lot with the same amount of life. I also have about the same Shaper dps as the Pathfinder version (about 4.4 million), but that's before the Retch's damage was calculated in. I went with Slayer-Deadeye though instead of Raider. I found that Deadeye suits my taste a lot more and it's extremely nice having Increased Critical Strikes instead of Pierce for KB. I think the extra projectile makes single target barrage DPS similar as well.

Thanks for feed back, I originally did go with deadeye b/c of the pierce for KB+additional arrow when I was theorycrafting it pre 3.0. But I wanted to have good mapping capabilities and the movespeed is too juicy, also the Barrage dps with deadeye is comparable but it's definitely not as high as raider when you count frenzies+onslaught. Deadeye might pull ahead if you don't have all forms of additional proj(DS/Enchant).

And yeah weapon swap for PC, Orb of storms is not needed, shaper dies is <10seconds. The PC weapon swap is really just there to pass the time while shaper talks about his life story and to pad dps numbers(for you bullshit build guy). Can be used b4 non phase guards aswell if you wanted or any non phase sketchy moments where you wna be in and out in 1 flask use like Uber trio or Vaal temple.

As of now I havnt been playing harbinger and will prob liquidate my Scion and gamble, so updates to this guide will slow down. Though I'll prob play it next league and at that point will continue to update the build+add more videos+refine gearing/approaches to the build. Until then GL and Enjoy.

Yup, I agree with you. The own downside of this build is definitely movement speed, so I can see why you went with Raider. I've tried equipping my QOTF, Headhunter, 1k evasion ms shield, and a stib/jade flask, but my movement speed never even gets close to pathfinder or raider. It's definitely not bad or anything like some builds, and really only noticeable during beachhead rotations where everyone is decked out in min-maxed evasion + QOTF. All in all a great build and truly amazing boss killer.

Oh I did want to ask you how you're managing only ~70ish unreserved mana in the video? Is that just because you know shaper or whoever will die before your diamond flask duration is up? I can't imagine your crit chance could be good enough to have that amount and no diamond flask charges. I'm assuming for maping and what not you go with a little more mana?

I do have one other question about the Retch that I haven't really been able to answer... I understand that with VP/Acuities the damage is applied instantly, but how does the damage work with just endless leech and not instant leech?
IGN: dbk or BONGSANDTHONGS if you prefer
"
datbabykilla wrote:
"
"
datbabykilla wrote:
Weapon Swap

Yup, I agree with you. The own downside of this build is definitely movement speed, so I can see why you went with Raider. I've tried equipping my QOTF, Headhunter, 1k evasion ms shield, and a stib/jade flask, but my movement speed never even gets close to pathfinder or raider. It's definitely not bad or anything like some builds, and really only noticeable during beachhead rotations where everyone is decked out in min-maxed evasion + QOTF. All in all a great build and truly amazing boss killer.

Oh I did want to ask you how you're managing only ~70ish unreserved mana in the video? Is that just because you know shaper or whoever will die before your diamond flask duration is up? I can't imagine your crit chance could be good enough to have that amount and no diamond flask charges. I'm assuming for maping and what not you go with a little more mana?

I do have one other question about the Retch that I haven't really been able to answer... I understand that with VP/Acuities the damage is applied instantly, but how does the damage work with just endless leech and not instant leech?

Yeah MS is slower than QotF variants and after playing LL wandfinder in 2.6 that ran Haste as well as boosted flasks I wanted to get what MS I could without hurting the build in other areas. The goal was boss killer first, with the ability to map well(this is the whole reason I went Wand over Bladeflurry) if the mapclear on Bf wasn't so shit this may be a guide similar to fyndels. The only thing that doesn't really stand next to in clear are QotF builds and to me that's a win for me.

The mana never is really an issue while mapping as my flasks are never really down with the clear speed and flask duration. And thankfully the build is able to kill bosses in 1 flask use for the most part(non phase bosses) so I really never ran into an issue. Tho is funny you said that because in the Gif with the white wand u can actually see me let off a normal attack because u see the 1 set of angled projectiles come out. Which would have been a normal wand attack with dying sun(to be fair that's a white wand with base crit). If you really wanted to save a lil extra mana, you could either get reduced mana reserve in tree or, the prob better option, would be to just drop one of the empowers. That way you would free up some mana and a gem slot. I guess vaaling for +1 where you enlighten is socketed could also be an option, but that's semi unrealistic.

The damage with endless leech I not 100% but I'm pretty sure it adds almost like a DoT effect that snap shots how much leech over time you would get from that single cast and then doubles it and applies it back as DoT. One thing I'm sure about if a new instance of leech is started(other hit on same target) do the effects stack? I would assume it does. And just doesn't refresh the DoT like how ignite works. You don't need to worry about this with instant because there is no chance for it to overlap because its instant.
LocK
Last edited by SticKyGreeNzlNY on Nov 4, 2017, 7:14:16 PM
Hey, I am planning to run a variant of this build but with Lioneye's Glare and Yriel's. I was wondering what type of quiver would be optimal for this setup?
"
Djinxer wrote:
Hey, I am planning to run a variant of this build but with Lioneye's Glare and Yriel's. I was wondering what type of quiver would be optimal for this setup?

Probably a +1 Drillneck, but you would have to PoB it to be sure, I havn't played Phys Bow in a couple leagues.
LocK
Last edited by SticKyGreeNzlNY on Nov 10, 2017, 5:22:32 AM
Looks like Acuity is getting nerfed per today's GGG post. RIP the lowkey GOAT DPS build December 4, 2017.
"
anomz wrote:
Looks like Acuity is getting nerfed per today's GGG post. RIP the lowkey GOAT DPS build December 4, 2017.

haha appreciate the kind words. I hope all who played it enjoyed it as much as i did.

I really wanted to play it again this league to really add some good videos for the guide. oh well.. i guess on to the next one. Thanks for any1 who who tried it and the feedback given to help make it better.
LocK
Last edited by SticKyGreeNzlNY on Dec 5, 2017, 12:02:20 AM
Atziri Gloves is dead,VP is dead,build is DEAD ?)
"
Meggozz wrote:

yep, can still play in Std tho if your into that. legacy vink with 30% makes this build even more OP. Glad i stil have my +2 stark + Acuities if i ever wanted to fire it back up.

But yes, in league its dead.
LocK
"
"
Meggozz wrote:

yep, can still play in Std tho if your into that. legacy vink with 30% makes this build even more OP. Glad i stil have my +2 stark + Acuities if i ever wanted to fire it back up.

But yes, in league its dead.

Any reason why its "dead"?

I can see it being slightly slower and less "face tank all end-game content" but that's all I can see so far.

The new abyss jewels have crazy mods which has flat damage/flat hp/etc which boosts damage and health

Both rings combined can have +40hp on hit (use thief for cheap ring) which would be ~1200*3.5(4200) a second instant leech without any buffs

You have 2.5k hp/sec recovery with atziris giving vaal pact effect 24/7 still and GGG has stated that they're buffing scion ascendancy's soon™ during this league along with elementalist

To me it just looks like it got even stronger if you just don't face tank end-game content like you could before.

Edit; Just realized The Retch is basically gutted which is a shame.
Last edited by S0T0 on Dec 12, 2017, 7:08:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info