[3.0] White Wand Shaper Kill **The Retchid Wander** Slayer+Raider - Proof of Concept/Build Guide

On Harbinger The Retch currently costs 17ex and the gloves are 30ex.
livejamie
"
Curious as to just how fast this build would be for mapping compared to the wand builds strictly for mapping.

I already have a Doomfletch build that can kill Shaper and map pretty fast, curious to see how this build performs on maps. My sense is that this build and my Doomfletch build are very similar--both can kill bosses insanely well, and both can map pretty fast too, just curious HOW fast it can map.

"
livejamie wrote:
"
Curious as to just how fast this build would be for mapping compared to the wand builds strictly for mapping.

I already have a Doomfletch build that can kill Shaper and map pretty fast, curious to see how this build performs on maps. My sense is that this build and my Doomfletch build are very similar--both can kill bosses insanely well, and both can map pretty fast too, just curious HOW fast it can map.

I'd be interested in the same.

Will do, I'll have some up in a day or 2.

"
livejamie wrote:
On Harbinger The Retch currently costs 17ex and the gloves are 30ex.

Ummm Yeah... You don't need acuity just go Vaal pact.
LocK
what're you doing for power charge gen?
"
Coilcode wrote:

Weapon Swap. I use mostly only for shaper, but ofc can be used b4 any boss.

Storm prison + Jaws of Agony

But honestly I've been wanting to swap to the Brinerot Flag and use a war cry. I don't like the RNG of the traps, I rather have the guarantee so I can milk the seconds knowing I can cast it last second guarantee the charge then weapon swap and cast blood rage+Vaal Haste.

/e idk if there would be any interest, but I've had a version of the passive tree that grabbed the charge generation on kill from intuitive leap at the jewel slot. That way you have a source of Endo + Power charges. This was for a more map oriented version of the build that I havnt tested but has a little extra QoL for map safety and better consistency of crits.
LocK
Last edited by SticKyGreeNzlNY on Sep 27, 2017, 2:23:38 AM
"
"
Coilcode wrote:

But honestly I've been wanting to swap to the Brinerot Flag and use a war cry. I don't like the RNG of the traps, I rather have the guarantee so I can milk the seconds knowing I can cast it last second guarantee the charge then weapon swap and cast blood rage+Vaal Haste.

/e idk if there would be any interest, but I've had a version of the passive tree that grabbed the charge generation on kill from intuitive leap at the jewel slot. That way you have a source of Endo + Power charges. This was for a more map oriented version of the build that I havnt tested but has a little extra QoL for map safety and better consistency of crits.

Blue dream right under Scion start might work well also, no extra passives needed and extra chaos damage for losing a jewel slot. I assume 10% is enough while mapping.

Could even get the 18% light res node for 1 point for 28% chance on kill total, but that might be overkill except for charge gen on bosses with a few adds where 10% isn't consistent enough. Nice to get a bit of extra res for easier gearing too.
Last edited by Coilcode on Sep 27, 2017, 2:57:00 AM
"
Coilcode wrote:
"
"
Coilcode wrote:

Blue dream right under Scion start might work well also, no extra passives needed and extra chaos damage for losing a jewel slot. I assume 10% is enough while mapping.

Could even get the 18% light res node for 1 point for 28% chance on kill total, but that might be overkill except for charge gen on bosses with a few adds where 10% isn't consistent enough. Nice to get a bit of extra res for easier gearing too.

Interesting point. I'm strapped for ress atm so can't drop that jewel slot. But that's a good idea if you wanted PC for mapping.

I can see goingg over charged for Endo+PC's if you didn't mind saccinng 1passive+jewel slot.

Deff somethingn to consider.
LocK
Hey nice build OP, am using the VP version now. Some questions

1) Curious as to how are you sustaining your flasks in long boss fights? Especially Vinktar's since its so important, and it has horrible charge usage. Do you use 2 Vinktars for those? You are not running any increased charges gained, and retch actually makes flask charge generation worse.

I often find myself having to port back to town for flask charges if i cant kill those T15 bosses in the initial 8 seconds.

How is your Vinktar uptime in maps?

2) Also what do u think of linking HoT to Assassins marks/ curse on hit for power charges while mapping? Or conductivity for more light penetration. Or even poachers mark for more flask generation/ frenzy. Could drop a couple of empower/enhance etc for it.

3) What will you recommend as a next big upgrade? Acuity or 2 Barrage proj on a good base? Since they are priced quite similarly right now in the 30-40ex region in Harb. I sometimes wished i wasnt using VP, but the helm will be a big single damage boost for bosses.

Thanks

Last edited by angryteen on Sep 27, 2017, 2:57:13 PM
not sure if im missing it, which bandit did you choose.
"
angryteen wrote:
Hey nice build OP, am using the VP version now. Some questions

1) Curious as to how are you sustaining your flasks in long boss fights? Especially Vinktar's since its so important, and it has horrible charge usage. Do you use 2 Vinktars for those? You are not running any increased charges gained, and retch actually makes flask charge generation worse.

I often find myself having to port back to town for flask charges if i cant kill those T15 bosses in the initial 8 seconds.

How is your Vinktar uptime in maps?

2) Also what do u think of linking HoT to Assassins marks/ curse on hit for power charges while mapping? Or conductivity for more light penetration. Or even poachers mark for more flask generation/ frenzy. Could drop a couple of empower/enhance etc for it.

3) What will you recommend as a next big upgrade? Acuity or 2 Barrage proj on a good base? Since they are priced quite similarly right now in the 30-40ex region in Harb. I sometimes wished i wasnt using VP, but the helm will be a big single damage boost for bosses.

Thanks

1) B4 I got some of the higher priced items and my dps wasn't 100% there I just portal hopped for bosses. Go in, blow your load, if boss isn't dead, tp back for flasks. Rinse and repeat. Sounds cheesy but when your dps get high enough you won't need to port vs any boss and they will all die by time your flasks go out. At my current gear/dps certain bosses you don't even need the flasks. Like Chimera I can literally face tank the boss phases while using 0 flasks as long as it isn't like an enfeeble map + mods. I save the flasks for sketchy minion phase lol.

2) viable option if you can't afford the empower/enchance on HoT+Blood Rage. Empower+Enhance is the best tho imo. Mapping really doesn't hold you back when you hit a certain point on dps, and things like flasks chargers gained and power charges aren't really needed. Keeping your flasks while mapping really just comes down to speed. I have zero issues with flasks while mapping. Just make sure you use the full duration and use Vaal Haste to keep movement up. Again if you don't have the empower + Enchance, you can Deff use a curse setup on your HoT.

3) Acuity while it is pretty expensive and imo BiS for this build. It should prob be he last thing you buy, it was for me atleast. It really only offers QoL of the constant life regen to make blood rage less sketchy. I would invest in the barrage Helm I think. If you can link your gear I can give a better evaluation. But the train of thought is Barrage dps will help the most with bosses. You want to get to the point where You kill them in 1 flask use to reduce the sketchyness of the fight. So without knowing you gear, I would have to say Barrage enchant > Acuity. Basically everything else > Acuity. Acuity is like icing on the cake more than a mandatory item. Maybe in a HC scenario I would go the 200% Life tree and prioritize Acuity higher because it adds a lot of safety. Or maybe trying to push high level and you don't wna die. Then Aucity might take president, but really You wna get that Barrage damage up, it really makes everything else fall in line.

"
gm08872 wrote:
not sure if im missing it, which bandit did you choose.

Sorry is in the PoB links but not in text.

2 Passive points.

The Crit Multi/@Res is a good option if you struggling with Res.

But end game 2 passive points offer the most.
LocK
Last edited by SticKyGreeNzlNY on Sep 27, 2017, 7:39:18 PM
"
If you can link your gear I can give a better evaluation. But the train of thought is Barrage dps will help the most with bosses. You want to get to the point where You kill them in 1 flask use to reduce the sketchyness of the fight. So without knowing you gear, I would have to say Barrage enchant > Acuity. Basically everything else > Acuity. Acuity is like icing on the cake more than a mandatory item. Maybe in a HC scenario I would go the 200% Life tree and prioritize Acuity higher because it adds a lot of safety. Or maybe trying to push high level and you don't wna die. Then Aucity might take president, but really You wna get that Barrage damage up, it really makes everything else fall in line.

Thanks for the thorough response. I bought a 2 barrage rare helm for cheap, swapped from life/ias/ res rare gripped gloves to thunderfists for a litte more DPS for barrage and KB, though i feel a tad squishier.

Heres my gear. What adjustments will u recommend?

Jewels are 3 mods dps/life/res

Life:5.1k
Resists: capped with Biscos
Barrage tooltip dps (with dps amulet, at HO only with Golem, Wrath, HoT): 67k
Last edited by angryteen on Sep 29, 2017, 5:38:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info