0.10.1f Patch Notes

"
Chris, is there any ETA for either graphics card (ATI) optimizations or lower particle effects settings?

1 month? 2? 6?

Very curious.


If you're using an ATI card, can you please disable Tessellation in the ATI Catalyst control panel and PM met to let me know if it improves performance?

Edit: Particle changes are coming within a few weeks I'd expect.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Feb 25, 2013, 8:40:56 PM
"
Chris wrote:
"
"
Chris wrote:
Version 0.10.1f
  • Season reward points are now visible on the profile pages of players on the website.


You'll also hopefully see less spam in game.


Love any and all spam fixes, but the profile update reminded me of the question about getting the option to have private profiles. Is that planned at all?


Public information (like ladder results) will be shown but private info (like items and passive builds) won't be by default.


I should have been more specific. I was referring to an all around private option. For example, if I click on your profile, I can see join date, last login, number of posts, and a list of every post. I know that a lot of people, especially in this day and age, would like a blanket option to keep as much information as possible blocked.

I would like to see a simple option in account that would block everything possible, so that when people click on my profile, it would say something like "this user has their account set to private mode".
They'll get buffed when people like you learn to speak in a proper respectful manner. Complaining about any imbalances in a _FREE_ beta game.. unbelievable.
Last edited by Deionara on Feb 25, 2013, 8:42:06 PM
How about some optimization instead of race prize malarky?

The spam I'm guessing is trade chat related and not game related. I almost got excited.

Seriously, firestorm + poison arrow + dual totems + ground slam + etc etc all going off at once, over and over again, kills even the most high end pc unless its seriously using the best of the best.

Poison arrow is basically a frame rate killer past 4 arrows. Seriously there is no reason for it to eat so much comp power. It's seriously ridiculous. Especially since people have such a hardon for races and hardcore stuff, that frame drop from that skill is insanity.

Would say thanks for the good work, I see nothing that needs congrats though in this patch honestly.

Fix melee. Fix chain. You'll get a proper thanks then. I still appreciate you guys giving us an actual good diablo 2 successor though regardless.
GGG gives me Diablo 2 Teleport? I give them 50 bucks. No questions asked.
"
Chris wrote:
If you're using an ATI card, can you please disable Tessellation in the ATI Catalyst control panel and PM met to let me know if it improves performance?

Edit: Particle changes are coming within a few weeks I'd expect.


Will do. Thanks for the reply.
    ☭ ᵀʰᵉ ᵍᵉᵐᵐᵉᵈ ᵍᵉᶰᵗᵉᵉᶫ ᵃʳᵉ ᵃᶰ ᶦᶰᶠᵉˢᵗᵃᵗᶦᵒᶰ⋅ ᵀʰᵉʸ ᵃʳᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ᴹᵒᶰᵏᵉʸ ᴷᶦᶰᵍ'ˢ ᶠᶫᵉᵃˢ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵈʳᶦᶰᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᶫᶦᶠᵉᵇᶫᵒᵒᵈ⋅ ᶜʳᵘˢʰ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᶦᶰ ʸᵒᵘʳ ʷᵒʳᵏ⁻ᶠᵒʳᵍᵉᵈ ʰᵃᶰᵈˢ﹗  ☭
              ͏   ͏͏ ৹ಊ৹⎊۝⎊৹ಊ⋅𝐆𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲⋅ಊ⋅𝐌𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐝⋅ಊ৹⎊۝⎊৹ಊ৹
"
Content removed at user's request.
That, and I'd just like to be able to get some reward points in races. As a fairly average player, all reward point opportunities are completely impossible for me to attain, except for the minimum plateau for level and staying alive; so far I've less than a 20% success for this, playing nonstop for the duration of each event (again, average player), ending with either not making the necessary level or dying. On top of that, due to life, I can only attend ~1/4th of the events.

So then, with 109 events, I can only realistically attain ~16 reward points throughout the entire season (I currently only have 3). The players during the practice races must be quite good, because the curve for gettin' rewards is silly. 3 months of work to maybe be able to get a single unique. I do like the idea of race events and will continue to participate when possible, but maybe in the future include some events where regular ol' Joe gamer can get some stuff.


"
Deionara wrote:
They'll get buffed when people like you learn to speak in a proper respectful manner. Complaining about any imbalances in a _FREE_ beta game.. unbelievable.
Never understood this logic. Just because a game is free doesn't mean it gets an automatic pass for lack of balance. Also dismissing valid complaints simply because the person doesn't speak/type in the vernacular you prefer? Idiocy.
Last edited by The_Scourge on Mar 14, 2013, 2:43:25 AM
"
I should have been more specific. I was referring to an all around private option. For example, if I click on your profile, I can see join date, last login, number of posts, and a list of every post. I know that a lot of people, especially in this day and age, would like a blanket option to keep as much information as possible blocked.

I would like to see a simple option in account that would block everything possible, so that when people click on my profile, it would say something like "this user has their account set to private mode".



This is a public forum, that information should remain public imo
PM me if i win!

IGN: BeshSpeshFP
Last edited by SimBech on Feb 25, 2013, 8:50:10 PM
"
darticus wrote:
How about some optimization instead of race prize malarky?

The spam I'm guessing is trade chat related and not game related. I almost got excited.

Seriously, firestorm + poison arrow + dual totems + ground slam + etc etc all going off at once, over and over again, kills even the most high end pc unless its seriously using the best of the best.

Poison arrow is basically a frame rate killer past 4 arrows. Seriously there is no reason for it to eat so much comp power. It's seriously ridiculous. Especially since people have such a hardon for races and hardcore stuff, that frame drop from that skill is insanity.

Would say thanks for the good work, I see nothing that needs congrats though in this patch honestly.

Fix melee. Fix chain. You'll get a proper thanks then. I still appreciate you guys giving us an actual good diablo 2 successor though regardless.


As I mentioned before, the changes take varying degrees of time. The ones in today's patch are ones that are ready and safely tested (with the exception of breaking item linking). The main motivation for patching today was to deploy some new tech against chat spam.

We're completely aware of the performance issues of having too many effects going off at once. It's being worked on!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
"
darticus wrote:
How about some optimization instead of race prize malarky?

The spam I'm guessing is trade chat related and not game related. I almost got excited.

Seriously, firestorm + poison arrow + dual totems + ground slam + etc etc all going off at once, over and over again, kills even the most high end pc unless its seriously using the best of the best.

Poison arrow is basically a frame rate killer past 4 arrows. Seriously there is no reason for it to eat so much comp power. It's seriously ridiculous. Especially since people have such a hardon for races and hardcore stuff, that frame drop from that skill is insanity.

Would say thanks for the good work, I see nothing that needs congrats though in this patch honestly.

Fix melee. Fix chain. You'll get a proper thanks then. I still appreciate you guys giving us an actual good diablo 2 successor though regardless.


As I mentioned before, the changes take varying degrees of time. The ones in today's patch are ones that are ready and safely tested (with the exception of breaking item linking). The main motivation for patching today was to deploy some new tech against chat spam.

We're completely aware of the performance issues of having too many effects going off at once. It's being worked on!


Fine.
GGG gives me Diablo 2 Teleport? I give them 50 bucks. No questions asked.
you guys done broke your item links in chats


_, _ everywhere.
I’m here to ask you one question and one question only: EXPLOSIONS!?

The rules are simple, use the provided loot and kill everybody, the last fighter standing is a bonified Bad@#$

IGN: Mr_Torgue

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info