0.10.1f Patch Notes

Cannot even get to play the game yet! Endless downloads of patches that take all night and then stop with an error.
Reminds me of why I stopped playing Eve Online.
I don't understand why people complain so much o.O

I don't like the current state PoE is in, so I don't play it. There are so many other things you can do in your life.

I check PoE's news every two or three days, looking for the patch changes that I'm waiting for before I can enjoyably play the game again. There is no need to whine, GGG knows about most issues that need to be resolved. For the ones they don't know about- there are MUCH MUCH better ways to inform them than whine here.
"
sowus wrote:
GGG should focus firstly on fixing bugs.

It's not like there's only one person in GGG doing one thing at any one time.

They're a group of people focusing on a lot of things at once.
Last edited by jimi89 on Feb 26, 2013, 2:04:00 PM
"
Karinst wrote:

I don't like the current state PoE is in, so I don't play it. There are so many other things you can do in your life.

I check PoE's news every two or three days, looking for the patch changes that I'm waiting for before I can enjoyably play the game again. There is no need to whine, GGG knows about most issues that need to be resolved. For the ones they don't know about- there are MUCH MUCH better ways to inform them than whine here.

Implying there's anything you can do that's better than poe.
"'What is this thing, anyway?' said the Dean, inspecting the implement in his hands.
'It's called a shovel', said the Senior Wrangler. 'I've seen the gardeners use them. You stick the sharp end in the ground. Then it gets a bit technical.'" -Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man
"
Karinst wrote:

I'm whining only about bugs, nothing more.

If I were a software engineer or programmer I'd focus on bugs in the 1st place. Of course not all of them but those, because of which players can't use my product (major ones). After that I'd add some new content. And then once again focus on major bugs.

- Fix bugs;
- Add content;
- Fix new bugs;
- Add content;
- Fix new bugs;
- Add content;
and so on. I hope you get my point.

GGG releases new content 3-4 times and then trying to fix bugs when their tones of then instead of fixing them with every new release.
"
sowus wrote:
"
Karinst wrote:

I'm whining only about bugs, nothing more.

If I were a software engineer or programmer I'd focus on bugs in the 1st place. Of course not all of them but those, because of which players can't use my product (major ones). After that I'd add some new content. And then once again focus on major bugs.

- Fix bugs;
- Add content;
- Fix new bugs;
- Add content;
- Fix new bugs;
- Add content;
and so on. I hope you get my point.

GGG releases new content 3-4 times and then trying to fix bugs when their tones of then instead of fixing them with every new release.

implying those that add new stuff are the same ppl that can fix the game, which is NEVER the case, adding new animations for a skill it's a work for Artists fixing the game is work for Developers those are two completely distinct and unrelated positions.

when ppl will understand this they'll stop whining for stupid reasons.
"
Kel_Thuzad wrote:
"
Soo many obnoxious selfentitled kids.

agreed.

Once again: good work GGG, i really appreciate your swift patching and ur high quality work.

Im satisfied <3

asskissing goes on
"
Akezhar wrote:

implying those that add new stuff are the same ppl that can fix the game, which is NEVER the case, adding new animations for a skill it's a work for Artists fixing the game is work for Developers those are two completely distinct and unrelated positions.

when ppl will understand this they'll stop whining for stupid reasons.

I know that there are different people who make different things. The problem is (maybe I'm wrong) that GGG consists with around 20 people which makes bug-fixing a slow process :/

Well, have to wai for some time 'til the game'll be playable (the 3rd act is almost unplayable now).
"
Attap wrote:
Cannot even get to play the game yet! Endless downloads of patches that take all night and then stop with an error.
Reminds me of why I stopped playing Eve Online.

My install files were corrupted. A new download is needed.
sorry if I wasted your time reading this.
"
Zulgohlan wrote:
"
Kel_Thuzad wrote:
"
Soo many obnoxious selfentitled kids.

agreed.

Once again: good work GGG, i really appreciate your swift patching and ur high quality work.

Im satisfied <3

asskissing goes on

Well... 1rs : dont like reading this? dont read, 2nd i dont consider this, asskissing but encouraging devs to continu the hard work they are doing atm. Even if there are bug fixing and balencing that needs to be done its still playable and the patches are just flying to make the game better and better... for free (!)

Really a cant begin to fathom why ppl are complaining. Giving advises or guidance or whishes, ok. but whinning and complaining is just wrong. you play for free, get over yourself. if you supproted/support GGG with money and still get pissed then be patient or go and play another game.
work is being done so you can enjoy a enventualy good game. you might think you can do better, why dont you apply and try to help ?

"
sowus wrote:
I know that there are different people who make different things. The problem is (maybe I'm wrong) that GGG consists with around 20 people which makes bug-fixing a slow process :/

Well, have to wai for some time 'til the game'll be playable (the 3rd act is almost unplayable now).

Well i'm not sure if you know what programing is about. Well its a quite complicated work that requires some time depending on several criteria. Bugg fixing can be even longer because you have to review the program (it might be programed by someone else ... which is even more long and difficult) and try to find a flaw that you made the first time you tried to program it (which is why sometimes 2 ppl are actualy programing alternatively, so they can see each other's flaw from an "outsider's" point of view)

As for the act 3, i cant agree with that. it is definivly VERY hard compared to the other acts and might need balancing either on the mob and/or on the classes (e.g melee classes). but it is playable... finished it (i didnt get act3 merciless atm though)

To sum it up: i wont say that its a game that's finished and polished but as of now it is free and said (everywhere) to be in beta.
just a question, when there is roadwork in progess for a project that you know will be just so worth it.
yes it you want to go crazy in your car and shout as much as you physicaly can, but you dont yell at the workers on site to do things like puting one stone next to another in a wierd place, do you ?

looking forward to the game expending and getting even better ! kisses to everyone ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info