[3.8] Death’s Oath Occultist - Death Whisperer(CI) Updated regularly

"
Deldokush wrote:
Hi Flash ...Thank you so much for the effort and time you spent in such a beautiful/Boom Boom Build...Really Having fun with it atm lvl 76 and already doing tier 13 maps ...just wanna say Build is smooth and very lazy aka enjoyable to play .
Would just like to ask you to take a quick look at my gear and tell me What should i upgrade next and thank you again mate much appreciated!:)

Hey there Deldokush!

Honestly you're gear looks like it might even be better than mine. If you aren't running a third Aura then I suppose there isn't any need for a heretic's veil.
I also only see a little bit of strength on your gear, I'm guessing you're using passive points for that? If you aren't missing anything resist wise I would suggest trying to get some high rolls on both your rings.
The rest of you gear is honestly just going to be really small improvements. You could probably start saving up for some of the more expensive well rolled pieces, and slowly improve that way.
I might consider taking out the heretic's veil it would definitely help me with my resists.
Hi Flash..ye mate running 2 auras atm but probably will swap the helm with Veil when i get my enlighten gem lvl 3 and squeeze in purity of elemnts with it and eventually will swap the non strength ring with strength one to get rid of that strength node of my skill tree
thx again mate and have a nice Day!:)
Been playing this for a few months now, love the build a lot but a few questions I have always had about it.

First, someone a while ago was talking about witchfire not being that good because of already having a despair aura. Personally, I see this as kind of backwards thinking. If we already have a despair aura from the flask, why bother using a despair aura at all? With that you don't need heretic veil and can just have more es on a rare helm.. Then again this might just be me since I play standard with

Second, with 3.2 ascendancy changes we got a buff that has left me uncertain. Previously I have been using void beacon over vile bastion, but with the vile bastion buff I couldn't justify this any longer and made the switch. Now I am unsure on what amulet to use.. prior to 3.2 it was a +1 curse eye of chayula and since I am not using a despair aura, Impressence is not that appealing to me. Is there anything other than just an Envy crafted marble amulet to try for?

All in all, love the build, look forward to using it in the future and seeing how other people progress with it.
"
Been playing this for a few months now, love the build a lot but a few questions I have always had about it.

First, someone a while ago was talking about witchfire not being that good because of already having a despair aura. Personally, I see this as kind of backwards thinking. If we already have a despair aura from the flask, why bother using a despair aura at all? With that you don't need heretic veil and can just have more es on a rare helm.. Then again this might just be me since I play standard with

Second, with 3.2 ascendancy changes we got a buff that has left me uncertain. Previously I have been using void beacon over vile bastion, but with the vile bastion buff I couldn't justify this any longer and made the switch. Now I am unsure on what amulet to use.. prior to 3.2 it was a +1 curse eye of chayula and since I am not using a despair aura, Impressence is not that appealing to me. Is there anything other than just an Envy crafted marble amulet to try for?

All in all, love the build, look forward to using it in the future and seeing how other people progress with it.

The Witchfire brew will always be a great flask for this build but not because of the despair curse but because it provides increased damage over time.
The curse from the flask isn't improved with curse power so it will always be weaker than a despair ran through blasphemy. (I just recently cut out the curse power from the build for more defense but even with the small amount from the occultist tree it should be more powerful to run a despair than to rely on the flask.)

I spent a little while pondering the same question, I really liked void beacon, and the buff to it is incredible however, I couldn't justify passing up on 1% regen and stun immune, not to mention the nice bonus es on vile bastion.
If I didn't have to grab malediction for the effects to cursed enemies I would swap that with void beacon.

However if you're happy with getting despair from the flask and are looking for an amulet then an envy crafted amulet will be just fine, you could eventually craft aspect of the spider onto it for a wide area hinder and causing enemies to take 15% increased damage.
I did this build in BHC and unfortunately ripped before hitting 90, didn't get to play it super long. But it seemed to be a higher-effort, lower-reward RF with the only redeeming factor being that its cooler. I've been seriously debating redoing the build but I feel like it would just be a crappier version of RF (fun factor aside). Am I wrong with this mindset? Or is DO not as bad as it seems? I loved the tankiness, it just felt like it was really hard to scale the damage after a certain point and into red maps clearing became noticeably slower having to blight packs often, granted my gear was far from perfect, pretty poop, but it still surprised me at the lack of damage without the blight buff increasing DO dmg.
Last edited by Fizecs on Mar 26, 2018, 10:40:24 AM
Hi there!
I liked the idea of the build and made my own version of it. It has some difference but still nearly the same.
Decay on Shield charge works pretty awesome and with quicksilver is really fast. Just charge into the white t14 pack and it blows up immediately. No problems on high tier maps(Besides mad mods combo like a 60% less curse eff and monsters can't be slowed with enfeeble and chaos res). Don't use IncrAoe and feel fine with 20% more DMG.
Also I can run all 6 auras and still have 54 mana free to cast golem. Have 7850 ES and 4300 EV.
The main problem to my mind is in Elder's portals. It seems to be unreal to save Shaper in red Elder's fight, coz the time I need to kill red Elder and portals are nearly the same :(
Haven't got the Witcher's Eye jewel yet, but I'm on the way to it :)
The gear was crafted by myself besides rings.

Gear

Flasks
Spoiler

Link to Character and SkillTree
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/QLR/characters/LazyLady

Thx for the build, it's really fun to play.
"
QLR wrote:
Hi there!
I liked the idea of the build and made my own version of it. It has some difference but still nearly the same.
Decay on Shield charge works pretty awesome and with quicksilver is really fast. Just charge into the white t14 pack and it blows up immediately. No problems on high tier maps(Besides mad mods combo like a 60% less curse eff and monsters can't be slowed with enfeeble and chaos res). Don't use IncrAoe and feel fine with 20% more DMG.
Also I can run all 6 auras and still have 54 mana free to cast golem. Have 7850 ES and 4300 EV.
The main problem to my mind is in Elder's portals. It seems to be unreal to save Shaper in red Elder's fight, coz the time I need to kill red Elder and portals are nearly the same :(
Haven't got the Witcher's Eye jewel yet, but I'm on the way to it :)
The gear was crafted by myself besides rings.

Gear

Flasks
Spoiler

Link to Character and SkillTree
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/QLR/characters/LazyLady

Thx for the build, it's really fun to play.

Hey there QLR, I'm honestly a bit jealous of your gear. I've been trying to find a nice shaper shield but no luck. (Also I thought you could only craft aspect of the spider onto the amulet so that opens up a bit more options. Decay as a support jewel is always pretty powerful because we scale basically for it with increased dot and chaos damage. I see you don't have an immortal call setup, which I suppose isn't entirely manditory.(Not sure if it's actually saved my life any because I'm either alive, or dead. I tend to run head first into things that I shouldn't but that's mostly a player error.

Overall I'm glad to see that you're making it up there in the maps. I'm still stuck around 9-13 because of map drops, but I've tagged along for most other maps and all guardians except hydra so far.

"
Fizecs wrote:
I did this build in BHC and unfortunately ripped before hitting 90, didn't get to play it super long. But it seemed to be a higher-effort, lower-reward RF with the only redeeming factor being that its cooler. I've been seriously debating redoing the build but I feel like it would just be a crappier version of RF (fun factor aside). Am I wrong with this mindset? Or is DO not as bad as it seems? I loved the tankiness, it just felt like it was really hard to scale the damage after a certain point and into red maps clearing became noticeably slower having to blight packs often, granted my gear was far from perfect, pretty poop, but it still surprised me at the lack of damage without the blight buff increasing DO dmg.

Hey there Fizecs! Unfortunately you aren't entirely wrong about it being a less powerful version of RF. The parts that make it different is it is easier to scale the area with aura effect nodes. The damage on the aura will always cap out around 120k if you're really pushing the damage. The chaos explosions generally make the clearing faster ( I think but I'm not entirely certain that the chaos explosions also benefit from our increased chaos damage, though it might just be there are several explosions making the pack dissapear. Overall I really enjoy this build as much as I've enjoyed my previous RF builds. Once you get into the higher tiers you'll definitely need to blight more often, but that's part of the build with using the Spreading Rot jewels. I've been considering creating a build that uses only the Death Aura for damage and scrapping Blight but it requires a lot more investment in jewels with chaos,dot,area,damage. It would likely also have minion damage and wield a scourge in one hand so you would have less ES than desired. (will likely have to figure a way to make a life based build without killing the damage.
"

Hey there QLR, I'm honestly a bit jealous of your gear. I've been trying to find a nice shaper shield but no luck. (Also I thought you could only craft aspect of the spider onto the amulet so that opens up a bit more options. Decay as a support jewel is always pretty powerful because we scale basically for it with increased dot and chaos damage. I see you don't have an immortal call setup, which I suppose isn't entirely manditory.(Not sure if it's actually saved my life any because I'm either alive, or dead. I tend to run head first into things that I shouldn't but that's mostly a player error.

Overall I'm glad to see that you're making it up there in the maps. I'm still stuck around 9-13 because of map drops, but I've tagged along for most other maps and all guardians except hydra so far.

Yeah, IC takes 2 sokets and does nearly nothing, coz you are not taking damage often(Curses, Spider and EV) And if you do, you do something wrong :) It's nearly fantastic to get two phys hits in 0.4sec with this build.
Forgot to mention regen. I have 1200 shield regen while stationary and on consecrated ground and 570 while moving. Main killers of this build are burning and phys degen.
The chance of getting similar gear from poe.trade is close to zero or the prices'd be obscenely high.
Aspect skill you can craft on whatever you want with free suffix, even on map before 3.2.1 patch :)

Agreed, getting T12+ maps is a pain, it consumes a lot of time and Chaos to substain high tier maps.

All good I appreciate the response. The build is, in my opinion, much much more enjoyable than RF. It's one of the most fun builds I've tried so far. The theme and colors are fun haha. I'm also biased because I love ES/CI based builds. I started PoE back when every build in the world was CI (2 or 3 leagues before 3.0 I believe) and didn't get to get very far into those types of builds before ES got gutted and life became the meta. For some reason building around ES/CI makes builds a lot more interesting to me in the way they scale. Those typically tend to be the builds I enjoy most as well, the ones that have some wonky mechanics and scale in unique ways, DO definitely fits that bill lmao.
Was thinking of trying this build next -

Any idea how it handles uber lab? Is it a good/bad choice for that?

I got like 20 offerings I want to burn through with my next char
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
MSI RX 2080
Samsung 980 Pro SSD
32GB GSkill Trident-Z

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info