[3.8] Death’s Oath Occultist - Death Whisperer(CI) Updated regularly

I will have a video of crafting the sockets, Just need to dig through my latest stream for it. (I didn't see how much I spent, but since it was technically currency I owned I guess it was free? xD )
Added Video footage for crafting your own Death's Oath, (But it looks like you could buy it with the right socket colors for around 2ex?)

Also added half of the T10 videos (other half will be added tomorrow, too tired to stay awake uploading videos, hope they help you all out!)
Do you think this is a viable endgame build to kill shaper/red tier elder etc? :)
I haven't gotten to shaper or red tier elder yet, but yellow elder was easy enough. I have done guardians in a group but I'm confident that I could do them solo if I ever get the maps to drop for myself
Builds like this can salvage even so-so leagues because it's quite fun. I still have some gear to work on (like crafting an ammy) but standing at 9.1k ES is quite nice. I was amazed at how cheap it was to gear this character at league start. My other shield (250 es) was like 1c, this helmet I'm still wearing was 1c. It's just the death oath that can be troublesome. I simply spammed a 5 socket with my own chromes until it hit a few offcolor. Now I just have to finish my current one to be 4blue 2green.

I still have gear improvements to do but red maps feel quite comfortable. I'm loving the glove enchant, by the way. Also doing the 30% quality thing from beast crafting will squeeze even more ES out of stuff like the Heretic and Sin Trek. That's my next steps along with splurging on a level 4 enlighten so I can use a Heretic and have mana for more blight sustain.

Spoiler

Anyway thanks for the build guide.
Last edited by jack_aubrey on Mar 19, 2018, 3:44:58 AM
Hey I'm glad you're really enjoying it Jack! (Overall the guide is merely that, a guide to guide you.) If you're having trouble getting the right colors for your armor piece you should check out the guide I posted right below the armor. Currently you have a lot more es than me, well around 1k + more than me, The damage seems great but I might need to find some ways to squeeze out a bit more es.
"
Hey I'm glad you're really enjoying it Jack! (Overall the guide is merely that, a guide to guide you.) If you're having trouble getting the right colors for your armor piece you should check out the guide I posted right below the armor. Currently you have a lot more es than me, well around 1k + more than me, The damage seems great but I might need to find some ways to squeeze out a bit more es.

Thanks, yeah, I'm going to be doing the Vorici method now that he's leveled up. I'm slowly building a big stack of jeweller's orbs. Lots of potential for upgrades so I'm going to be sticking around with this build for a while. Leveling is easy because I'm not dying, lol, so I'll only be getting stronger. I can see me hitting 95+ which gets interesting I think. I might go with an intuitive leap to grab the overcharged node for example. I may also be grabbing an energy from within jewel to convert some of those fat life nodes to more ES. I'm thinking about Devotion and the two smaller ones because to get those, I'm also getting +30 strength on top of the ES which means less strength needed on gear. Just some thoughts I guess.

Edit: I also keep changing around my shield charge's 4th link. It's like, endurance charge on melee stun is good, cull is good, blind support is good, etc. I'm not sure if Decay Support is doing all that much.
Last edited by jack_aubrey on Mar 19, 2018, 4:00:18 AM
Honestly I could probably get away without using shield charge. My primary method of moving around is a +70% movespeed quicksilver flask. Shield charging has gotten me killed by getting myself stuck in places I don't want to be. The fortify is nice but I might just need a bit more es after switching out vitality for the spider aspect. I might switch back to it at some point though. Probably once I get an imprescense(sp). so I can drop out my mana reserve jewel and also grab a watcher's eye (or find one if I'm really lucky)
Not used to how dot mechanics work in this game 100%, but do I want to quality the Less Duration gem?
"
f3lcrow wrote:
Not used to how dot mechanics work in this game 100%, but do I want to quality the Less Duration gem?

Death Aura is not really a dot, it is aura, so doesn't really matter. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info