[3.8] Death’s Oath Occultist - Death Whisperer(CI) Updated regularly

Hey @f3lcrow Quality on Less duration just shortens the duration for most skills, in this specific instance it has no effect on the skill as the monster is either in the area, or no in the area.

@PovilisMat, Death aura is 100% a dot. It is also an aura. suggesting Death aura isn't a dot is like suggesting Righteous fire isn't a dot but a spell.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Death_Aura If you need further information about Death Aura.
Added Previously asked questions section to hopefully help new players with questions that might have already been answered.
"
Hey @f3lcrow Quality on Less duration just shortens the duration for most skills, in this specific instance it has no effect on the skill as the monster is either in the area, or no in the area.

@PovilisMat, Death aura is 100% a dot. It is also an aura. suggesting Death aura isn't a dot is like suggesting Righteous fire isn't a dot but a spell.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Death_Aura If you need further information about Death Aura.

Quoting me you told me I am wrong and quoting f3lcrow you said that I am right. :)

Definition from PoE gamepedia: "Damage over time (often refered to as DoT) is a damage inflicted continuously over a period of time." - that's not how Death Aura works (it's even applicable for RF if you don't count Ignite part). It doesn't have period of time. If it had period of time Less Duration would have negative effect of reducing that duration. Right now you only get damage increase from "Supported Skill Deal More Damage" and no effects from "Supported Skills Have Less Skill Effect Duration" or "Supported Skills Have Reduced Skill Effect Duration".

Skill damage is increased by damage over time but it isn't one.
"
f3lcrow wrote:
Not used to how dot mechanics work in this game 100%, but do I want to quality the Less Duration gem?

No, it won't do anything for the DO damage. In fact, neither will a lvl 20 gem. Lvl 21 will however. :P
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
how important to obtain a amulet with grant aspect of spider skill?
"
PovilasMat wrote:
"

Quoting me you told me I am wrong and quoting f3lcrow you said that I am right(You're still wrong, but it's okay). :*(

Definition from PoE gamepedia: "Damage over time (often refered to as DoT) is a damage inflicted continuously over a period of time." - that's not how Death Aura works (it's even applicable for RF if you don't count Ignite part). It doesn't have period of time. If it had period of time Less Duration would have negative effect of reducing that duration. Right now you only get damage increase from "Supported Skill Deal More Damage" and no effects from "Supported Skills Have Less Skill Effect Duration" or "Supported Skills Have Reduced Skill Effect Duration".

Skill damage is increased by damage over time but it isn't one.

Definition from PoE gamepedia: "Damage over time (often refered to as DoT) is a damage inflicted continuously over a period of time."

???It doesn't have period of time.???

Deals 450 Base Chaos Damage per ((second))

Seconds are a form of time where I come from but maybe it's been changed?

The duration on the skill is infinity if it is on,(But still deals damage over 1 second) in an area. It doesn't have an expiring duration because you're either in it, or you're not.

Sorry if I somehow confused you, long story short.

It does damage over time, therefore, it is a dot.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

"
bonvoyage2015 wrote:
how important to obtain a amulet with grant aspect of spider skill?

Aspect of the spider isn't entirely important to grab at all. It's nice to have a constant hinder and up to 15% increased damage taken on the monsters however if you can afford an Impresence (chaos) then you should definitely grab that instead. I just recently bought my own for 70c
Removed Increased effect of curses from the build, while this is nice to have it ultimately doesn't result in too much of a difference against monsters that can actually hit you hard.

I've opted for more energy shield down by Templar, in addition to filling out the Unnatural Calm wheel.

This also gives us an additional jewel socket so we can place Spreading Rot here, and replace the one by the Melding wheel with an Energy from Within for an extra 15% energy shield!

These changes have been made to both the leveling and end game build!
i used purity of elements, vitality and discipline with lvl3 enlighten. i put 3 curses plus enlighten lvl 2 on heretics veil. i use impresence too. i also used conquerors efficiency. my mana is down to 8, i cant use any spells. is there a mistake on my part? i used all the nodes for mana reservation as well on your tree
"
deo_thegod wrote:
i used purity of elements, vitality and discipline with lvl3 enlighten. i put 3 curses plus enlighten lvl 2 on heretics veil. i use impresence too. i also used conquerors efficiency. my mana is down to 8, i cant use any spells. is there a mistake on my part? i used all the nodes for mana reservation as well on your tree

Sadly you aren't doing anything wrong at all you currently have 8 more mana than I do with purity of elements up.(Actualy just swapped my enlightens and I have 8 mana now too!) once you get your level 2 enlighten to level 3 you'll have enough mana to do stuff. I generally only put purity of elements on during elemental weakness maps.

According to path of building once I get my enlighten to level 3 I'll have 24 mana, I have several enlightens currently leveling, so hopefully I can get one of those to level 4 which should free up about 50 mana.
Hi Flash ...Thank you so much for the effort and time you spent in such a beautiful/Boom Boom Build...Really Having fun with it atm lvl 76 and already doing tier 13 maps ...just wanna say Build is smooth and very lazy aka enjoyable to play .
Would just like to ask you to take a quick look at my gear and tell me What should i upgrade next and thank you again mate much appreciated!:)

Last edited by Deldokush on Mar 23, 2018, 7:33:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info